Home

Show the PS3 some love as well guys

This is a discussion on Show the PS3 some love as well guys within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-30-2008, 12:18 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Show the PS3 some love as well guys

I am having a hard time finding updated PS2 Rosters for the PS3. I have read the other forums suggesting the limitations as the reason but it seems as if there is just a "Oh well it can't be done type of attitude". Why no love for us PS2 to PS3 players. When the Dreamcast went down the PS2 was what kept 2K in the game now it seems as if everyone is content to only work on the xbox version of the game. It seems from what I have read converting the saves on the xbox is no easy feat either but year after year is seems to get done. I will help if I can and someone here already has a 07-08 PS2 roster so how much harder can it be to update that one with the nesscesary changes. I don't want to sound as if I am preaching but where is the PS3 love guys.....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2008, 12:58 AM   #2
MVP

dophin26's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Show the PS3 some love as well guys

It's probably because there is a very user-friendly editor for the xbox version and not for the PS2. Couple that with the limitations you mentioned and that would probably do it.
Old 08-30-2008, 02:54 AM   #3
MVP

gr18's Arena

OVR: 11

One of you guys needs to take time and do it by hand instead of waiting for the next guy or some miracle that isn't going to happen.

I was stuck a couple of years ago in the dilemma of half-*** updating my PS2 or spending around $80 or so getting an Xbox and action replay.I could've spent $120 on the last couple of Madden's.You see where the logic is?
Old 08-30-2008, 12:31 PM   #4
Rookie

GR18 I work for a software company and am unfamiliar with the Finn Editing tool but I was wondering if you are. I would be willing to with the help of some pretty talented developers I know and am friends with take on updating, porting or creating from scratch such a tool to create and manipulate the PS2 files for the game. Are there any limitations in this version that would prevent me from creating a FINN-esque tool for updating the PS2 version and creating files for use on PS3(I have one that is backwards compatible) and PS2.
Old 08-30-2008, 03:37 PM   #5
MVP

dophin26's Arena

OVR: 19

Finn would be the most qualified to answer this question. Try PMing him directly.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2008, 08:38 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 20

i really dont think it's a simple "ho-hum it cant be done attitude" from Finn

the editor actually used to function w/ both systems (ie you could edit a PS2 save on the PC). the problem occurred when trying to re-load the edited save up on playstation; PS2 evidently performs an integrity check on the save which prevents the rosters from loading up

i think Finn acquired the re-signing key for xbox which allows edited xbox saves to be repackaged as untouched
Old 08-31-2008, 04:30 PM   #7
MVP

FlyingFinn's Arena

OVR: 29

I am actively working on trying to crack the PS2 CRC thing. I will let you know if any comes of it.
Old 08-31-2008, 07:39 PM   #8
Rookie

Thanks Finn let me know if I can help.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »