Home

Latest FlyinFinn Editor?

This is a discussion on Latest FlyinFinn Editor? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-13-2008, 03:46 PM   #1
It's 5 o'clock somewhere

beau21's Arena

OVR: 24
Latest FlyinFinn Editor?

hey guys.

can someone please link me to Finn's latest 2k5 Editor for the Mac (if there is one)? i just need it so that i can read roster ratings quickly.

thanks!
beau

Last edited by beau21; 08-13-2008 at 03:49 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2008, 09:39 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: Latest FlyinFinn Editor?

Best bet for latest version is to check out his site:

http://web.tampabay.rr.com/flyingfinn/roster.htm

I have no-clue on the mac compatability?
Old 08-13-2008, 10:32 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 9

Just what is a FlyingFinn editor? Im trying to get rosters for 2k5 for the first time and all this info on what i need to do seems a bit over whelming.
Old 08-14-2008, 01:57 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 15

FINN's editor allows you to edit stuff that cant be edited in-game plus allows you to avoid some of the problems in 2K5's franchise mode. Personally, if it wasnt for FINN's editor, I would have just quit playing football video games.

I had 2K5 on PS2 when it was released in 2004 but there was way too many problems and limitations. I then visited the 2K5 Xbox message board on GameFaqs and people were talking about switching player positions on the depth chart (not that substitution crap) which was my number one need/want since 2K1 on Dreamcast.

Anyway, people there gave me the link to FINN's webpage and after reading the stuff you can do, I went out and purchased an Xbox, a laptop PC and an Action Replay. And this was back in October 2005. I was amazed at what FINN was able to accomplish and three years later, im still amazed.

A lot of us here call Finn "GOD" because he's been able to keep 2K5 playable for us 2K fans. From editing player positions to editing a team's depth chart from 4-3 to 3-4 or vice versa to salary cap editing to player contracts to schedules to multi-player franchises and so much more, its just amazing what FINN has been able to do for all us 2K fans.

To simplify, if it wasnt for FINN, I wouldnt be typing this message right now since no one would be on this forum.
Old 08-14-2008, 04:53 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 9

Ah that's pretty damn cool. Is the editor like a computer program tho? I'm looking for up to date rosters and an up to date schedule for my season and I'm guessing this editor is a way to do that?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2008, 09:17 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733
FINN's editor allows you to edit stuff that cant be edited in-game plus allows you to avoid some of the problems in 2K5's franchise mode. Personally, if it wasnt for FINN's editor, I would have just quit playing football video games.

I had 2K5 on PS2 when it was released in 2004 but there was way too many problems and limitations. I then visited the 2K5 Xbox message board on GameFaqs and people were talking about switching player positions on the depth chart (not that substitution crap) which was my number one need/want since 2K1 on Dreamcast.

Anyway, people there gave me the link to FINN's webpage and after reading the stuff you can do, I went out and purchased an Xbox, a laptop PC and an Action Replay. And this was back in October 2005. I was amazed at what FINN was able to accomplish and three years later, im still amazed.

A lot of us here call Finn "GOD" because he's been able to keep 2K5 playable for us 2K fans. From editing player positions to editing a team's depth chart from 4-3 to 3-4 or vice versa to salary cap editing to player contracts to schedules to multi-player franchises and so much more, its just amazing what FINN has been able to do for all us 2K fans.

To simplify, if it wasnt for FINN, I wouldnt be typing this message right now since no one would be on this forum.
hey dan, whats up?i have to ask u, did finn find a way to adjust sock length and get the stats of players current? Just wondering, because i'm very weary about getting madden09 and still play my 2k5. If i could edit the sock length and have current stats, it would be so great and not even bother with madden. Is this something in the game that cant be edited, i guess u have to be a developer to get in the game and try new things? Thanks so much finn for what u have done for the community and dann & others as well.
Old 08-14-2008, 10:36 AM   #7
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectSRT
Ah that's pretty damn cool. Is the editor like a computer program tho? I'm looking for up to date rosters and an up to date schedule for my season and I'm guessing this editor is a way to do that?
The Finn editor is a computer program used for manipulating the game files. The roster and franchise files that you will be downloading here will allready have the updated schedules. If you wanted to manipulate/view a file before it is used or tweak it an any way beyond in-game capability you will want the editor. Hope that helps!
Old 08-14-2008, 02:24 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectSRT
You download the editor off his site and then install it on your PC. Franchise files usually have the current schedule pre-loaded but for roster files, you would have to start a franchise in-game, save and then transfer it over to your PC and then open it in FINN's editor and then load the schedule that you want to use for that season.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »