Home

Latest FlyinFinn Editor?

This is a discussion on Latest FlyinFinn Editor? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-14-2008, 02:38 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 15
Re: Latest FlyinFinn Editor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by adfletch71
hey dan, whats up?i have to ask u, did finn find a way to adjust sock length and get the stats of players current? Just wondering, because i'm very weary about getting madden09 and still play my 2k5. If i could edit the sock length and have current stats, it would be so great and not even bother with madden. Is this something in the game that cant be edited, i guess u have to be a developer to get in the game and try new things? Thanks so much finn for what u have done for the community and dann & others as well.
Sock length??? Sorry, no. That would have to do with the actual programming codes and whatnot. FINN does everything through an actual gamesave file like rosters and franchises. Just curious though, why do you care about sock length? I think you're the first person to ever ask about that.

Ability to add career stats is something that FINN is still working on and trying to crack. It's been asked by many if that can be done but so far, no such luck but like FINN said himself, thus far, he's only managed to crack about 30% of an actual gamesave and considering how much he's accomplished with that 30%, who knows what else he'll be able to do in the future.

Currently, he's looking into being able to edit the playoff schedule and is looking into the ability to edit the team needs option that's in franchise mode. I havent talked to him in a while so I dont know the actual progress.

You dont need to be a computer genius to use his editor. The best thing to do is to use a "dummy" roster file or franchise file and just mess around so you get the hang of what can be done and what cant be done.
Old 08-15-2008, 10:46 AM   #10
Banned

OVR: 10

LOL!!! the reason why i asked about socks length, is because u see it all the time in the games and also u can edit it in all pro. Would like to see that in the video games i play..eye candy..lol. I hope finn and get into and get the stats things working, also is photos a program thing too? I was wondering can somebody scan a pic and put it on there or something..lol. Just wishing, have no idea if it would work. Just loving 2k5 and i pray that allpro comes out in 2010. I heard that president of VC say it was to be bi-yearly. I sure hope so, gives them more time to develop it. I would love to have complete edit abililty and franchise, if that was to happen, i woud even consider the NFL. Shut!!, i'll have so much fun trying to make my own league. Anyway, just loving what u guys are doing, and i hope u have blessing in whatever u do.
Old 08-15-2008, 01:44 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by adfletch71
LOL!!! the reason why i asked about socks length, is because u see it all the time in the games and also u can edit it in all pro. Would like to see that in the video games i play..eye candy..lol. I hope finn and get into and get the stats things working, also is photos a program thing too? I was wondering can somebody scan a pic and put it on there or something..lol. Just wishing, have no idea if it would work. Just loving 2k5 and i pray that allpro comes out in 2010. I heard that president of VC say it was to be bi-yearly. I sure hope so, gives them more time to develop it. I would love to have complete edit abililty and franchise, if that was to happen, i woud even consider the NFL. Shut!!, i'll have so much fun trying to make my own league. Anyway, just loving what u guys are doing, and i hope u have blessing in whatever u do.
The photos are stored on the actual game disc. Sadly, there's no way to get updated photos like McFadden, Willis, Quinn, etc. in the game. Having no photos doesnt bother me as much as it used to. There's other stuff that's much more important.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2008, 07:26 AM   #12
All Star

OVR: 49

has anybody tired this on a "magic xbox" i know with live on a "magic xbox" you could work on actual game files does anybody know if you can do this with 2k5 on a "magic xbox"?
Old 08-20-2008, 11:12 AM   #13
MVP

FlyingFinn's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by hokupguy
has anybody tired this on a "magic xbox" i know with live on a "magic xbox" you could work on actual game files does anybody know if you can do this with 2k5 on a "magic xbox"?
If you could figure out the file format of the graphics and the compression and encryption algorithms you could probably change some things. To this point, no one has been able to do it.
Old 08-20-2008, 04:58 PM   #14
MVP

gr18's Arena

OVR: 11

I think too many people dwell on the few minor things the editor doesn't do rather than fully appreciate all the great things it does.No it doesn't cook you a western omelet.
Old 08-20-2008, 08:34 PM   #15
All Star

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingFinn
If you could figure out the file format of the graphics and the compression and encryption algorithms you could probably change some things. To this point, no one has been able to do it.
actually i have extracted the files out from it that i think are the stadiums and the unis. I my g/f brother is a great at playing with old "magic xbox " files from games he pulled and did stuff with Grand theft auto and DOA. Hes not a sports gaming type of guy but he nows his sh*t.

I am just looking for the unis and the stadiums to work, i am a nba live modder so i know my way around as long as i got the tools. Hopeing thei can just edit the unis to make some current not add more. And add missing staduims for the cards and colts and maybe increase the look of some others.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2008, 12:22 AM   #16
MVP

OVR: 20

^very cool

hope you succeed

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »