Home

updated roster.. i take no credit for this as this is tweaked from pujas base roster

This is a discussion on updated roster.. i take no credit for this as this is tweaked from pujas base roster within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 10-26-2008, 10:16 PM   #353
MVP

OVR: 20
Re: updated roster.. i take no credit for this as this is tweaked from pujas base ros

^yes

i'll go ahead & provide you with the last step...

step number one million: create 1200+ new players from scratch with accurate DOB, height, weight, face, skin, play-by-play name, & 26 skill attributes

seriously though, don't bother as you cant physically create more than ~300 new players in-game without being able to connect to your computer
Old 10-26-2008, 10:20 PM   #354
Banned

OVR: 12
Re: updated roster.. i take no credit for this as this is tweaked from pujas base ros

Oh, I just meant a list of people already in the game that needs to be switched teams. I guess I just have to look up all the current rosters. I was just hoping someone made a list so it would be a little easier. Thanks anyway.

Last edited by ImagiNationFreak; 10-26-2008 at 10:24 PM.
Old 10-26-2008, 11:13 PM   #355
MVP

no, i can help you do it much faster if that's all you want to do. You will still need Finn's Editor but just for use on your PC, not to interface w/ your xbox in anyway.

This takes about 10-15 mins total:
1) DL & install Finn's Editor-- you'll want this anyway to see what the player ratings are
2) Open the default roster in the editor (i can email it to you)
3) DL & open my updated roster in the editor
4) use the export data tool to export both of these rosters into MS excel
5) run an index array formula to compare what players still remain from the default roster today (match first name/last name/college)
^this is a very simple formula-- i can help you if you arent familiar with excel
6) do a quick scan of the "retired/out-of-the-league players" for any players whose names changed (for example, Juqua Thomas now Juqua Parker wont come up as a match from the default roster)
7) for all the "matching players" (those playing today who were also in the default roster) just run a second array formula between the two rosters to tell you what team they are on now

So now you'll have 3 lists:
1) all players from the default roster who are still playing & what team they are on NOW
2) all players from the default roster who are no longer in the league
3) all players currently playing who werent in the default roster

List 3 will have about 1000 players on it & you can use it to decide which 300 of the new players you most need to create
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2008, 12:41 AM   #356
MVP

^ImagiNationFreak: i went ahead & did this for you so you can update the roster manually as much as possible really quickly

it's a zipped excel sheet in post #79 of this thread:
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...er-makers.html

shouldnt take you more than an hr or 2 to do move everyone with this info at your fingertips. And you can see the current ratings & all the players youd need to create so you can update as much as you want/as much as the game allows

you could either make your fav few teams updated perfectly, or make the 300 "best" of all the 1100 new players since 2004. I recommend ignoring all new OL kickers punters etc & just making the best new QB WR RBs & defensive stars who've arrived since the default roster

Last edited by puja21; 10-27-2008 at 12:50 AM.
Old 10-31-2008, 10:44 PM   #357
MVP

FunNgun034's Arena

franchise file and roster on the first page of this thread
Old 11-05-2008, 10:41 AM   #358
MVP

FunNgun034's Arena

so I guess i rated Flacco good.. and Ryan
Old 11-09-2008, 04:47 PM   #359
Rookie

OVR: 4

Hey Fun this roster update is for X-Box users.......Any chance someone could please convert it to PS2?

Thanks
Old 12-29-2008, 12:38 PM   #360
MVP

FunNgun034's Arena

well, this is economy has cost me lots of money... so finally i have found time to make a new roster that will have all the new rookies to draft for 2009... im working on a new base to share... i will try to have it ready by the end of January.

I guess i am having the last laugh as Flacco and Ryan were rated right they made it to the playoffs lol... i would apprecite feedback and ideas .. i will admit im not the best rating players i just rate as i see it... it seems GR18 has gotten a lot of credit for his reworking of the ratings which he totally deserves . I really like the details of the players.. the way they appear on the game right down to the right facemask and visor and i love adjusting defensive schemes and playbooks.. so im suggesting that maybe we can all work together on 1 roster with all the roster makers inputs..

thoughts???

FNG

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »