Home

puja21 07-08 Roster

This is a discussion on puja21 07-08 Roster within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-25-2007, 10:04 PM   #137
MVP

OVR: 20
Re: puja21 07-08 Roster

sorry guys-- ive been working really late... at actual work unfortunately

but im still going as quickly as humanly possible to get everything finished
Old 09-25-2007, 10:25 PM   #138
Rookie

OVR: 3

don't release until you are ready puja and more thanks for all your hard work, it's appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-26-2007, 01:55 AM   #139
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35

if he released it before it was "perfect" it would end up being a madden football game!
Old 09-26-2007, 02:57 AM   #140
Pro

OVR: 10

Thanks for the updates puja. I'm waiting on the update and hopefully an eventual franchise file. Take your time and thanks again.
Old 09-26-2007, 03:09 AM   #141
MVP

OVR: 20

here's what i did tonight for anyone curious:

i went through all 60 of the RBs that still remain from the default roster & I checked their physical attributes (SPD AGL STR JMP) up against their pre-draft measurements. If the 2Ksports attribute didn't match up with the chart then i adjusted the attribute:

example:
Steven Jackson (STL)

1) 4.45 40 @ the combine
2) 4.09 shuttle
3) 16 reps of 225 lbs
4) 37.5" vertical leap

Which should've translated to the following:
SPD 90
AGL 86
STR 52
JMP 81

Instead, the default Steven Jackson goes 83 86 52 79, so he got fixed up. Surprisingly, the charts are almost never wrong (ie 2Ksports not surprisingly did some amazing homework) & when they were, it wasn't off by much (b/c there are usually multiple times/reps/measures this was to be expected).

I determined the charts by simple reverse engineering; charted all the times & attributes for the 2004 rookies, sorted descending by rating, & tallied the matches. For example, if 10 '04 rookies had a JMP rating of 95 & 9 of those 10 had a 42.5" vertical leap & the 10th had a 42" leap-- I would know that 42.5" equals 95 JMP. It wasn't always a 100% match but I did always get a huge majority telling me what the best corresponding value was. 2Ksports claimed they used several measures in some cases (eg it said in the game's manual that both squat & bench determined STR) but the data says otherwise. STR for instance was over 95% accurate using bench alone as the sole indicator. Because of this method I didn't have to do a linear chart like we've seen up here in the past. SPD & AGL were harder obviously because of the multiple times but JMP & STR are dead on I believe. I very rarely strayed from the charts unless a guy obviously had a terrible pre-draft day-- in these cases I tried to find a campus day or several other times to see what his "real" measure should've been. I attached the charts as an excel spreadsheet if anyone wants to see/use them

Anyway, these are the top-10 backs in OVR rating when everything was done:
Tomlinson 100
Grandma-ma 97
Jackson 93
Gore 92
Parker 90
Rudi 90
Westbrook 90
Alexander 89
Portis 89
Edge 89
edit: my buddy tells me "not everyone knows that Grandma-ma is Larry Johnson..." apparently you have to be born before 1985 to get that reference or something)

Keep in mind that many other backs may have better or equivalent "skills" (SPD AGL STR BTK SEC etc) but a lower CON rating could've dropped their OVR rating. Anyone who's DLd my past rosters know that I think this is the best way to differentiate players of related talent but differing production-- lower OVR rating via consistency makes it more likely for their sim stats to reflect reality, while in an individual HUM game, these players still have the ability to put up big #'s when utilized properly by us.

Just like last year, the highest BTK rating will be 85 for obvious gameplay reasons. Tomlinson, LJ, Alexander, Deuce, Henry & Chris Brown are @ 85 with 15 others @ 80 or higher (dont worry about CB being in there; he is only 78 OVR, but he does shed tacklers like crazy). Lynch & Peterson are the only rookies @ 80 BTK (& they have clearly warranted this thru 3 weeks). The best CTH-rated RBs (falling b/w 79 & 85) are in no particular order Tomlinson, Westbrook, Bush, Jackson, Gore, Kevin Jones (last year's leaders minus Tiki Barber). No other back is above 75, w/ very few above 70 actually... these other 70+ers are guys who weren't necessarily among the leaders last season but have been in the past, & more importantly, clearly have the receiving skills to warrant 70+ (Ahman Green, LaMont Jordan, Edge James, etc)

_
Attached Files
File Type: zip Attribute Charts.zip (7.0 KB, 39 views)

Last edited by puja21; 09-26-2007 at 03:30 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2007, 04:23 AM   #142
Rookie

OVR: 2

Great info on the RB attributes. This roster should be awesome when you finish tweaking the numbers.

My new TV and I are looking forward to playing 2K5 with the new roster!!!
Old 09-26-2007, 10:45 AM   #143
Rookie

OVR: 3

Puja,
Since your roster is going to come out for roughly week 4, what kind of release are you looking at? Will it be as of opening weekend like your first tester file or will it be as of the current week? The reason I ask is this, I plan on playing a season of course and would like to start at the beginning with all the players on their respective teams and positions. If you do make it up to date, could you include one of your excel sheets with who's been moved to IR/FA and practice squad guys you've moved up to the roster. The only reason I ask is I know you always track that stuff in a spreadsheet of some kind. I don't want to impead your efforts or create any new work for you. If not, that's ok too. I'll still play the Heck out of it. Thanks again for all your effort.
Old 09-26-2007, 02:07 PM   #144
Rookie

airkix72's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by puja21
edit: my buddy tells me "not everyone knows that Grandma-ma is Larry Johnson..." apparently you have to be born before 1985 to get that reference or something)
lol grandma-ma... wow that's a blast from the nba past. I got the reference I was born in 81.

Puja you're the man, I love you roster.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »