Home

Daflyboys' preview roster * Take 2

This is a discussion on Daflyboys' preview roster * Take 2 within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-08-2007, 03:28 AM   #1
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27
Daflyboys' preview roster * Take 2

Ok...this should be better. Basically AFC and NFC East and North divisions are pretty good. South and West divisions have a lot of players removed so trying out those teams won't be very realistic. Let me know if you see any blatant errors (esp. 1st and 2nd team players and the like) for those 4 divisions. Slider file also attached as a guideline. thanks.
Attached Files
File Type: zip ESPNNFL2K5_Phase8.zip (274.5 KB, 57 views)
File Type: zip ESPNNFL2K5_DFBsimV1.zip (9.2 KB, 28 views)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2007, 12:15 PM   #2
Rookie

JohnTesh's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Daflyboys' preview roster * Take 2

is the options file the same as your previous one posted?
Old 09-08-2007, 12:54 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

yeah this roster was pretty accurate thanks man, i might be using this until pujas or dans roster comes out.
Old 09-08-2007, 01:31 PM   #4
Rookie

JohnTesh's Arena

I just played a half (5 min quarters) with the rosters and sliders.

17 WAS
14 BUF

I was Washington. Portis was already over 125 yards rushing and Losman was hard to stop. Seemed to be weighted towards the offense (which I don't mind).

As far as Washington's depth chart, Collins is #2, Brunell is #3 (his rating should be much lower) and Randle El is #2 WR, not Lloyd.

As far as ratings, Mike Sellers should be higher (he always seems to be 65 in rosters I use...was he 65 on the original rosters?). You also have Fabini higher than Randy Thomas, who is the starter and when healthy, an extremely good guard. IMO Fabini should have been cut, but oh well. Other than that, the Skins looked great!
Old 09-08-2007, 01:35 PM   #5
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

OVR: 15

I'm going to give these a go with Minnesota later today, most likely will play another NFC North team. I'll tell you if I see any issues although I don't think I would find any worth noting, I'll give it a go though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2007, 02:07 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

I played Bengals vs Ravens, and I don't know if it was the rosters, or the sliders you provided, but it seemed to heavily favor the offense.

I played a half with the sliders (8 min quarters?) and Palmer was like 14/16 with 300 yards or something, and 4 touchdowns. McGahee had 11 rushes for like 135 yards. I was up 38-14 at the half.

Rosters were pretty accurate as far as I could tell, except Ghiaciuc is the starting center, not Stepanovich. and the Bengals cut Chatman.

Other than those few things, the only other things I noticed is that after like a 15+ yd run, rudi would always come out. So maybe stamina is a little off?
Old 09-08-2007, 02:16 PM   #7
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnTesh
I just played a half (5 min quarters) with the rosters and sliders.

17 WAS
14 BUF

I was Washington. Portis was already over 125 yards rushing and Losman was hard to stop. Seemed to be weighted towards the offense (which I don't mind).

As far as Washington's depth chart, Collins is #2, Brunell is #3 (his rating should be much lower) and Randle El is #2 WR, not Lloyd.

As far as ratings, Mike Sellers should be higher (he always seems to be 65 in rosters I use...was he 65 on the original rosters?). You also have Fabini higher than Randy Thomas, who is the starter and when healthy, an extremely good guard. IMO Fabini should have been cut, but oh well. Other than that, the Skins looked great!
You can't go by overall rating because of the roster tweaks I use. Overall rating is basically relative to others in the same position, not to what you've seen in the past.

Thanks for the heads up on the depth charting, I'll probably take a last look before I publish the final set.

As far as offense, you'll want to tweak the sliders to what fits you. Again, the main goal of the set is to make the cpu QB's tough to stop. I'd also like to know if your still seeing the constant 4 and 5 ints. by the cpu QB each game. I doubt you will. Regarding the cpu RB's, yes, they can run on you and sometimes what is necessary is to assign certain defensemen on the audible to key on the RB. A risk that you may have to take just like in the real game.

If you're finding it too easy on offense then dumb down your slider set for human running, blocking, catching, passing. If you're not using the slider set I provided above, I can't speak to what you're doing.

As far as stamina, guys leaving the field could be a function of your auto-sub in and out. So check that too.

Thanks for the feedback.

Last edited by daflyboys; 09-08-2007 at 02:19 PM.
Old 09-08-2007, 02:47 PM   #8
Rookie

JohnTesh's Arena

^I actually really liked the gameplay. I would have to play more, but could see myself lowering both HUM and CPU sliders.

As far as reading the overall ratings, you had Brunell at 98 and Romo was 93. Does that mean Brunell is better than Romo? And the overall ratings max out at 100. So do you have to look at individual stats to tell whether you have Peyton Manning better than Jason Campbell?

I realize all the DBs are a lot lower, but you are still able to compare overalls to the same position, correct? To what degree can you do this? Can I say that a 66 FS is a better DB than a 64 CB?

I love the stamina you have set for this as well. It is nice to see backup DL when you have a nice long drive going.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »