Home

Daflyboys' preview roster * Take 2

This is a discussion on Daflyboys' preview roster * Take 2 within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-11-2007, 03:03 PM   #41
MVP

OVR: 20
Re: Daflyboys' preview roster * Take 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by NINJAK2
have you guys ever fiddled with the composure attribute to see it's effect on defensive players? Do you guys think they might play more level headed with a higher composure rating? Maybe these db/ss are panicking under the pressure of defending the pass due to low composure ratings.
i'm pretty sure composure has some impact for every player on the field-- people have hypothesized that receivers make the "big/spectacular/clutch" (DB draped over him) catch w/ more frequency when composure is high. one reason i make the general assumption that it effects all players is that w/ the game's auto-generated rookies, composure (& LDR of course) is one of the lowest attributes. IIRC it is also one of the attributes which increases the most w/ progression

on defense i crank it up for the Champ Baileys-- heck even if it doesn't have an impact, it looks better to see it maxed for the elite
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2007, 05:26 PM   #42
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733
K Dirk Johnson was released in favor of rookie Sac Rocca. Yeah, im pissed off about that as well.
Rocca >>>>>> Johnson >>>>>>>>>>>>> Mahe

You must have forgotten the critical shanks dirk has provided us over the years.

About the roster, I'll check it out soon and provide some feedback. Been looking forward to starting a 07-08 franchise.

Red October
On the road to Vick-tory

Nas = GOAT
Old 09-11-2007, 06:05 PM   #43
Pro

TSOLEliot's Arena

OVR: 12

Yeah,

Please lower Greg Lewis and JR Reed's Catch & Awareness attribute ratings to 7 and 2 respectively...

If you can add in a clueless, purple haze like expression to Greg Lewis, it would be more realistic...

I never thought I'd end up missing Reno Mahe---it's a sick world...
Old 09-11-2007, 07:13 PM   #44
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSOLEliot
Yeah,

Please lower Greg Lewis and JR Reed's Catch & Awareness attribute ratings to 7 and 2 respectively...

If you can add in a clueless, purple haze like expression to Greg Lewis, it would be more realistic...

I never thought I'd end up missing Reno Mahe---it's a sick world...
Ya, Greg shouldn't be on the team, but in all fairness to him, the punt he fielded where he got railroaded was the definition of receiving interference.

Update: I'll be doing more tweaking, testing and updating later this week....first part of this week is too busy.
Old 09-11-2007, 10:49 PM   #45
Banned

OVR: 15

Eagles released FS/KR/PR J.R. Reed earlier today and signed RB/KR/PR Reno Mahe to a one year contract. That one punt was easily interference and I cant believe that it wasnt called.

As for the punter(s), I only wanted to see Johnson kept so I wouldnt have to create another undrafted player for my 2K8 roster. In-game, I dont care who my punter is or is rating. I like playing with the Eagles in 2K5 but dont care if they win or lose in reality. Even though I would love to see Owens win a SB with the Cowboys just to rub it in. Of course, for me that would be bittersweet since im a 49ers fan but Owens being my favorite player.

Oh well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2007, 09:00 AM   #46
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

Well, since Smith went up against Harris primarily in the CAR/GB game, I decided to do a side by side comparison using the editor exporting feature and here's what I got. Since it's in HTML format, I'll attach it. But, the basic advantages for Smith were:

Speed, Agility, Jumping, Catch, Stamina, Leadership, Aggressiveness

The stamina and leadership differences intrigue me. Surprisingly, composure was basically the same. Harris' consistency was actually a little higher. I'm wondering with Harris' stamina being being only 64, if he simply wasn't pooping out during the play and couldn't keep up. I'm going to start there and probably also tweak leadership so that only QB's really stand out. And then, players like Smith, Tomlinson, etc. are going to be relatively high but not as high as S.Smith's now (90). Everyone else is going to get a significant drop in that department.
Attached Files
File Type: doc Smith vs. Harris.doc (33.5 KB, 3 views)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »