Home

""JMR91906" Update" 9/19/06 (All Player Numbers Correct)

This is a discussion on ""JMR91906" Update" 9/19/06 (All Player Numbers Correct) within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-21-2006, 12:00 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 17
Re: ""JMR91906" Update" 9/19/06 (All Player Numbers Correct)

Why do people download franchise files? What is the difference between your franchise file and just loading your rosters in the main menu and then beginning a franchise? The schedule is up-to-date? Do the announcers say names during PlaybyPlay?
Old 09-21-2006, 02:00 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 1

You can Take The Roster file and start Fran Yourself But you have to load 2006/07 Schedule with Finn's or it Will freeze At week 16 So we post franfile for the players that don't have the know how...And just to Keep things Real and up-to-date.....
Old 09-21-2006, 05:04 PM   #11
Rookie

OK guys the new roster is out and up-to-date as for as what Rick is talking about with the Fran files he is correct..there is alot more to it then just loading up the roster and getting right into it. I still have lots of work to do On the roster before I can get the The Final version of The franfile out... So far I have posted The franfiles For you guys to get a taste of whats to come and to have something to tide u over till then..

Rick U beat me to it I was going to make a post about it when I was Closer to being done but That is what I'm working on right now trying to get players that have re-signed and all new players there Set contracts (Years,Cash)
Cash may not be right on but I will do my Best to get every Player there Right amount of Years That way Your players don't leave you after your 1st year thats never a good thing....

And if you are wondering the cap set for (JMRfran) is the same as the real NFL cap this year and that is 85.5M just in case Someone wanted to know...

It will take me some time to Do the contracts so there probably wont be another Franfile Till then sorry guys enjoy what u Have....

Last edited by jmeu2000; 09-21-2006 at 05:06 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2006, 06:11 PM   #12
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmeu2000
OK guys the new roster is out and up-to-date as for as what Rick is talking about with the Fran files he is correct..there is alot more to it then just loading up the roster and getting right into it. I still have lots of work to do On the roster before I can get the The Final version of The franfile out... So far I have posted The franfiles For you guys to get a taste of whats to come and to have something to tide u over till then..

Rick U beat me to it I was going to make a post about it when I was Closer to being done but That is what I'm working on right now trying to get players that have re-signed and all new players there Set contracts (Years,Cash)
Cash may not be right on but I will do my Best to get every Player there Right amount of Years That way Your players don't leave you after your 1st year thats never a good thing....

And if you are wondering the cap set for (JMRfran) is the same as the real NFL cap this year and that is 85.5M just in case Someone wanted to know...

It will take me some time to Do the contracts so there probably wont be another Franfile Till then sorry guys enjoy what u Have....

Bravo I finally have made my point and am glad you realize the importance of that issue in order to get them set up correctly, however I'm not sure as to want figures you'd actually use in such a quest but I do have some suggestions if I may.....

The editor is limitless in its setting of any fictatious and monetary amount of cash so I really see no problem raising it, do note though the amount I'd use would be something simular to what are NFL finacial appointments of these dollars as in the new contract and C.B.A. agreements.

One unfortunate attachment to all of this is the amount of time and research to access and find these records of data, it could be that they're not even available to the public at large due to certain contract negotions, I'm no agent but would be thinking if I don't get "Paid" I don't play so what can you do about it if the teams strapped for "Cash"....you have no recourse other than to go into "Negotianing"....thats keepin' it real!

Let me repeat myself, I am no agent representing these cyber players but if logic follows reason and form dictates fashion it should be possible to use Finns editor to achieve such a state of stability within the teams organization to keep them free of any and most situtions involving contract disputes and failure to address them by poor "GM" skills.

I have not tested any of these thoughts or theorys in application to the game itself, I haven't gotten that far yet but am always thinking and aware of these facts in lue of recent changes in the NFL concerning these issues thus we arrive at the true one most significant point to all of this....the recent and very new "C.B.A" that would be the "Collective Bargining Agreement" and its associated issues and resolutions.

There were member working on this awhile back when Finn introduced that "New" feature to the editor which hasn't been used to its full ability as far as I've seen.....they did not recieve much support and my focus at the time dealt with file "Integrity" therefore working along with them was not an option at that time...the rosters and players came first.

I wish you much success with your Franchise file and would be using amounts and contracts simular to some in the game itself in order to save time and alot of research finding these financial records, that or simply make some up which doesn't sound like a bad idea as long as they're realistic and nothing crazy.

Those members threads and posting are still here at this site and I'd imagine contain some links that may or may not aid you bro.

Basically you want to "Balance" the teams cap and team salary figures to fit everyone "Under" the cap and "Negotiate" them to appear realistic even if you make em' up, remember this is still a viedo game and real world physics might not apply I say this because no one has presented a true "Franchise" file with this inmind and simply pluggin' in a file isn't the way to go about doing one if you intend on any type of longevity with a Franchise and keeping your players happy and satisfied with contracts that are....well lets say real enough to appear as if the guy makin' em knew what he was doing and did his homework.

Holla Back y'all
Rickster101 aka "Jack Bauer"

There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call … The Twilight Zone aka "OS...Da Spot".

Last edited by Rickster101; 09-22-2006 at 02:32 PM.
Old 09-22-2006, 07:05 AM   #13
MVP

slapnutz2k2's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmeu2000
The cap was 85.5M last year, I believe it's 102M this year.

I could be wrong, though..............
Old 09-22-2006, 11:05 AM   #14
Rookie

Thxs u are right it is 102m The site I went to for that info Must of just updated cause it shows 102M now thx alot bud...
Old 09-22-2006, 11:19 AM   #15
MVP

OVR: 9

Dear J.
I wanna know if you'll updated the roster and the franchise file too.
As the season will progress will you updated the roster / franchise with overall ratings according to real NFL stats or what?
Just curious!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2006, 03:43 PM   #16
Rookie

I will be Updating Both As the Season goes On and as far as stats and ratings go Yes I will take Stats From real season and bring them to the game best I can cause it is still a game But It will happen..(example--week 6 Ty Law 5INT well I would probably Bring his Catch up a little and his Hold on to Ball)I will go over the real stats and adjust the ratings as I see fit.. But sense they are the ratings You can change anything you don't like yourselves

There will Be an Update Posted around the 24th or 25th

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »