Home

G.O.A.T. ROSTER EDIT

This is a discussion on G.O.A.T. ROSTER EDIT within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 07-09-2007, 09:46 PM   #113
MVP

dophin26's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: G.O.A.T. ROSTER EDIT

I'm not sure if I posted this in another spot or what, but I can't find it. Anyway, I have a question:

What resource do you use to find jersey # and skin colors?

I am redoing a season and know most of them, but there are a bunch that I need to look up. I have Total Football, but it doesn't cover everything. I also use pro-football reference.com. Since you are also doing the older players, I thought maybe you could throw some advice my way. Thanks.
Old 07-09-2007, 10:26 PM   #114
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by dophin26
I'm not sure if I posted this in another spot or what, but I can't find it. Anyway, I have a question:

What resource do you use to find jersey # and skin colors?

I am redoing a season and know most of them, but there are a bunch that I need to look up. I have Total Football, but it doesn't cover everything. I also use pro-football reference.com. Since you are also doing the older players, I thought maybe you could throw some advice my way. Thanks.
I have never found a book that suitably detailed jersey numbers, especially for teams before 1990. However, if you go to ebay.com and search on player name, sometimes you'll get a hit on football cards which obviously show skin tone and in most cases you can see the jersey number. Other sites also have roster information that may display jersey numbers, but not skin color.

Whic year are you reproducing?

C

Last edited by capa; 07-09-2007 at 10:27 PM. Reason: added comment
Old 07-10-2007, 01:41 AM   #115
MVP

dophin26's Arena

Thanks for the info. I'm reproducing 1983. I know '84 had all the record-setters, but I think I know more about '83 and then '84 would be easier to do. I didn't realize how long this would take...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2007, 04:23 AM   #116
Rookie

WARPATHEB's Arena

OVR: 3
Talking Re: G.O.A.T. ROSTER EDIT

Quote:
Thanks for the info. I'm reproducing 1983. I know '84 had all the record-setters, but I think I know more about '83 and then '84 would be easier to do. I didn't realize how long this would take...
I use this web site 2 get my pictures of players 4 my roster edits. It has pictures for almost every player who has ever played the game. Just type their name N the search bar.

http://www.nflphotolibrary.com/GalleryListing.aspx

And I get my data from:
http://www.databasefootball.com/

It has the personal information and stats 4 every1 who has every walked on the field. I hope that helps U out dude. Well back 2 editing.

And As Always,
LONG LIVE 2K
WARPATHEB
Old 07-10-2007, 07:54 AM   #117
Banned

Quote:
I feel your pain. Editng is brutal. Takes me almost 2 hours to create an historic team and get them edited for all equipment and attributes. That's just for one team. An entire roster set is going to feel like forever. Hope you are faster than I am!!!

C
Old 07-10-2007, 04:42 PM   #118
MVP

dophin26's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by capa
I feel your pain. Editng is brutal. Takes me almost 2 hours to create an historic team and get them edited for all equipment and attributes. That's just for one team. An entire roster set is going to feel like forever. Hope you are faster than I am!!!

C
Well, I am only a team and a half in- I did DOB and everything, but I am wondering if that is worth it. My guys are all 46-50 years old in the game now

As for equipment, I am not too worried about that, unless I know it is something that stood out for the player.
Old 07-10-2007, 04:53 PM   #119
Banned

Quote:
Well, I am only a team and a half in- I did DOB and everything, but I am wondering if that is worth it. My guys are all 46-50 years old in the game now

As for equipment, I am not too worried about that, unless I know it is something that stood out for the player.
Not sure if Finn's editor allows global editing of birthday years...like subtracting X amount of years for all players. You'll need this to get the ages correct. Won't affect gameplay, just may look weird in game...

C
Old 07-10-2007, 05:30 PM   #120
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:

if you use the import team tool, chances are your roster wont work beyond year 1 in franchise anyway... so, like capa said, ages wont matter

however, if you are editing players one-by-one, & want to use it for a length franchise here's what i would do:
the game's base year is 2004 so add the difference between the year you are importing him from & '04 to his birth year.

example:
importing Thurman Thomas from the 1990 Bills?
2004-1990=14 so add 14 to thomas' birth year (1966) to get 1980... now he will be 24 in season-one of franchise mode; same age he was in 1990

tedious, but if you are already editing players one-by-one it's no big deal... especially since you are doing a specific year... like since you are doing 1983 you would just add 21 to everyone's birth year. database football has all the DOBs heights & weights

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »