Home

IT'S FINALLY READY: THE OPERATION SPORTS COMMUNITY ROSTER: OFFSEASON/DRAFT EDITION =)

This is a discussion on IT'S FINALLY READY: THE OPERATION SPORTS COMMUNITY ROSTER: OFFSEASON/DRAFT EDITION =) within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 01-02-2007, 08:30 PM   #841
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: IT'S FINALLY READY: THE OPERATION SPORTS COMMUNITY ROSTER: OFFSEASON/DRAFT EDITIO

Hey there Rickster, nice to see that the updates are still coming. To those that do not know who I am, I was one of the fore-fathers of this project along with many others. For old times sake, just take a look back at just how far back this project goes:

Original Thread

http://forums.operationsports.com/vB...d.php?t=168821

In 3 threads total, this project has received over 50,000 views!

I never imagined that it would still be alive and well today, but man, does this make me proud. Thanks to all who have gone on to extend the life of this game, and this roster. And who knows, maybe next season we can all get together and do it all over again =). Cheers
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-03-2007, 02:36 PM   #842
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: IT'S FINALLY READY: THE OPERATION SPORTS COMMUNITY ROSTER: OFFSEASON/DRAFT EDITIO

I downloaded the final roster and things look pretty good. Only thing I kinda wonder is stats wise. There's an awful lot of 4000 yard passers when you sim it. I just did to see what would happen then play my season later. DeMeco Ryan does seem to win the Defensive Rookie of the Year though which is good.

Still there were an awful lot of 4000 yard passers. That's my only concern. Otherwise it plays great which is really all that matters.
Old 01-03-2007, 03:50 PM   #843
Rookie

BrownsFan72's Arena

OVR: 18

Im absolutly amazed at what you guys have done... incredible. it makes playing football fun again. If only the Coaches could be changed LOL...thanks guys i will donate!
Old 01-03-2007, 05:26 PM   #844
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDangles
I downloaded the final roster and things look pretty good. Only thing I kinda wonder is stats wise. There's an awful lot of 4000 yard passers when you sim it. I just did to see what would happen then play my season later. DeMeco Ryan does seem to win the Defensive Rookie of the Year though which is good.

Still there were an awful lot of 4000 yard passers. That's my only concern. Otherwise it plays great which is really all that matters.

What are you simming the games at? The default is 5 min actually but guys have been know to use 6 min for simming and keep inmind that the higher the sim quarter time the more higher the sim numbers.

And also keep inmind that they use two different engines to generate those random numbers that does not the "GameCast Live" another form of generating statistics in a somewhat randon number generator seen in real time depending on the quarter length you use so as for "Random" number generated by the games internal number generator you're basically leaving it up to the game to randomly generate numbers is like taking a shot in the dark, rolling the dice, hoping that the numbers sorta "Add" up because simming is nothing more then leaving it up to the games internal game engine to randomly generate numbers that basically are nothing more the base calculations in the form of data that spit out random but close numbers depending on how long the sim time is so using sim numbers is not always a accurate way to get exact numbers as a matter of fact it be almost near impossible to get exact numbers that way.

Therefore you won't get those exact numbers but you should see numbers that line up to represent sometime simular or possibly close to the real thing in a format that can be viewd as possible outcomes to whats realistic but you won't see exact numbers and remember a simulation does not take into account random and outside influences such as injuries, players in certain game related situtions ranging from disiplnary actions to game related actions in the form of player manegement and other simular circumstances that you're not keeping inmind.

Simming games and playing them in "GameCast" modes is fine but don't expect statistical numbers to ever come out exact when simming them it just won't happen unless you've found some method to actually have the game generate exact numbers as in 1+1=2 a know and proven fact, simming doesn't work quite like that and doesn't take into account the random and outside influences associated with a human User/operator.

Simming is fine and is more likely to yield realistic results not exact ones and simming doesn't take into account the many senerios linked to players an actual game play situtions by human opponents so the numbers should look about right with no strange oddities.

From what I've seen when simming random numbers they do appear to be believable and reflect actual NFL statistis not exact numbers posted by NFL statistcal data sites but ones that are inline with data and personel associated with this file calculated and updated to reflect a somewhat realistic view of possible outcomes not exact ones.

You don't actually believe any one guy can give you those exact numbers do you....only realistic ones that can be viewed as legit and possible outcomes if simmed using 5 or 6 min quarters thats about as good as it gets, to get the exact numbers would be something to really get excited about and I can't give you those but I can make it close and real enough to be believable and fun.

Heres some food for thought, did you know Barry Sanders was held to -1 yard rushing in a playoff game against the Packers...one of those random occurences that I'm sure the games CPU games simming engine would never have taken into account and something neither one of us would have ever thought possible but did happen so you see simming is not an exact science but more of a method to generate numbers base soley on numbers not circumstance or sitution that can and do influnce game outcomes thats why its been said..."You play to when the game" and simming is not something you can say will produce exact numbers and how they came to be thats something you can't see and know what really happened during the game.

I hope that helps if you've any issues regarding simming statistics its close but not exact, however they are realistic, legit and credible if you were to sim the same season 10 times I'd be willing to bet you'd get 10 different outcomes but with the impact players leading the pact as they should due to the way I set up the rosters and personel which isn't an easy thing to do I can only get us close to those type numbers and with this file I feel I've come close enough but of course a tweak here or there would change that but its a fine line to walk trust me I've been there and anyone creating rosters can tell you theres no way to actually get exact numbers when simming only close, realistic credible ones that are believable bro and thats the truth.

Holla Back ya'll
Rickster101 aka "Jack Bauer"

There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call … The Twilight Zone aka "OS...Da Spot".
— Rod Serling

Last edited by Rickster101; 01-03-2007 at 05:33 PM.
Old 01-03-2007, 06:33 PM   #845
Rookie

Right I just noticed the simulated quarters were at 6 minutes. I knocked it back down to 5. I just had noticed there had been like 10 or 11 QBs that had 4000 yards. I guess I should have checked that out beforehand. It's all good though. I've enjoyed these since the beginning.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-04-2007, 11:20 PM   #846
Banned

OVR: 5

why is shawne merriman only a 87, and demeco only a 80?
Old 01-05-2007, 07:23 AM   #847
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.I.M.L.
why is shawne merriman only a 87, and demeco only a 80?

Well lets see...he's a rookie right, he's never played a single game of NFL competative competition until this season add the fact he's playing an entirely different position that being an ILB while Merriman plays a more freelance style being on the outside as in OLB, Merriman is a more intense high motor player, more experienced and surrounded by better players enableing him to do his thang...shake and all.

Fact for you here bro...did you know he's rated the 13th highest rated ILB in the entire game out of 100 ILBs...and he's just a rookie...maybe I was being too kind and should lower him, perhaps not but his rating is better then 87 of the other ILBs in the game so I'd say he's about in the right place for who he is and what he does at this given point and time in his career and also the fact that if playing in a Franchise it is possible that he might go up or down depending on his progression and how he's used so again don't get caught up in number games or you'll lose yorself...don't believe the hype!

His rating is fine as far as I can tell from actually playing the game and seeing what and how he does what he does, he's in the Pros now and what you saw perhaps in college was just that his college days of playing and just because he was a very good player there in college does not entitle him to garnish a superstar rating until proven on the field and he did becoming defensive rookie of the year.

If you hadn't seen the ending of the regular season you wouldn't be so suspect of his rating and if I'd realeased this file like VC or whomever very reluctently with that rating you'd never would have known what to rate him.

Did you even bother to actually read the post or are you just too quick to rush to judgement...hey I did say (Post) that not everyone would agree and explained it in the post as for why you'd have to watch real Football games and see how real players perform during a season, some do have there days ya' know just ask Brett Favre.

I just don't believe the hype and rate players with numbers inflated until I seen something over a period of time not just a couple of weeks or even an entire season in some cases...he's not Merriman and Merriman is not Ryans they're both effective at what they do and perform as such without having simular numbers they can be re-edited higher or lower thats your choice but I won't do that because they're fine with data and facts to back that up and perform well without being hyped up 80 or 90 something to look like the greastest players ever.

On the serious side though whats the problem, is it that one players numbers are bigger then the others? And if so they are don't you think that theres a reason for that and just what numbers or attributes are you worried or concerned about?

Play the game and don't get too caught up in the mine is bigger then yours numbers game you'd be surprised at what you'd be able to accomplish with playing the game without players being Supermen but you gotta play the game and see what happens...don't believe the hype they're fine and do perform but you won't know that if you're just looking at the numbers, play the game and see what happens as in gameplay...and play more then just one game have fun bro and relax they're fine you'll see.

"Don't you know that its not tha size of da dawg in tha fight son but the fight inside of that there dawg"...I thought you knew that!

The numbers are in the 80s for Ryans with an 80s motor (Consistency) more then enough with his other ratings to get the job done and again he's good but he is no Shawne Merriman bro but he is very good though so have fun.

On a simular note I may be posting another roster file to get more balance and streamline players rosters for the playoffs I see I missed some along with roster moves so another may be posted to reflect that but there will be no Supermen anytime soon!

Holla Back ya'll
Rickster101 aka "Jack Bauer"

There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call … The Twilight Zone aka "OS...Da Spot".
— Rod Serling
Old 01-05-2007, 11:56 AM   #848
Rookie

Hey guys.....

I just wanted to put out a MAJOR MAJOR thank you to all the hard work that you have done. I have been playing 2k5/7 almost daily for the past 2 months.

It truly is amazing how great this game is and the ground work that 2k-games laid with this engine. After playing Madden 07 on both PS2 and Xbox360, I would rather play this game on Xbox hands down.

But I just want to echo the comments made from earlier posters...... FlipMo and Rickster you guys SHOULD be compensated for your hard work. I WISH you guys would setup a PayPal account. I would EASILY donate $50 to it myself. You guys have lovingly and painstakingly put in a HUGE amount of time to this project with no pay..... and we all are benefitting from it.

As far as I'm concerned, I would rather pay you guys $50 than to pay EA $60 for a series that has not improved. There are STILL several things that 2k5 does that is INCREDIBLY better than Madden....and this is a game that is on the past-generation consoles STILL holding its own to Madden on Xbox360 and PS3.

PLEASE, please, please consider setting up the account. I am sure that if we got the word out people would contribute.

And on a final note, the rosters are EXCELLENT (I am currently using v. 41). Being from Nashville, TN it is an absolute thrill o be able to use Vince Young and hurt teams.........

Anyway, thanks again for everything. Let us know when you setup the Paypal account.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »