Home

Finally, Created a Draft Class, though need help w/a small problem....

This is a discussion on Finally, Created a Draft Class, though need help w/a small problem.... within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 02-15-2006, 04:29 PM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Finally, Created a Draft Class, though need help w/a small problem....

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingFinn
That is strange... Send my your franchise and I will try to import here to see what happens.
Finn, with the new editor the names ALWAYS show up correct in the editor... it's when they are loaded in-game that the name jumble happens.
Old 02-17-2006, 04:01 PM   #50
Banned

OVR: 15

I looked at the Draft Class in Finn's editor and checked the rookie scouting in the game itself. There was no problems with the names being messed up or jumbled. The main problem I had was that during the off-season, the game froze three times. Once during the Draft, once during the FA wire and once when I tried skipping all the periods.

I went through period by period though and didnt have any problems. However, your ratings are not good.

Huff at 99??? Are you kidding me?

Other players are either too high or too low but Huff is the main problem. No rookie should surpass 82 but that's just me.
Old 02-17-2006, 04:47 PM   #51
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733
I looked at the Draft Class in Finn's editor and checked the rookie scouting in the game itself. There was no problems with the names being messed up or jumbled. The main problem I had was that during the off-season, the game froze three times. Once during the Draft, once during the FA wire and once when I tried skipping all the periods.

I went through period by period though and didnt have any problems. However, your ratings are not good.

Huff at 99??? Are you kidding me?

Other players are either too high or too low but Huff is the main problem. No rookie should surpass 82 but that's just me.
again, i'll mention that it was just a test run to make sure the names were going through correctly. I never even went far enough after that to see their overall ratings. makes no sense for me to do that if the names don't go through.

but anyways, i doubt all the names went thru for you... for example, did players such as Tamba Hali, DE out of Penn State, import correctly?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-17-2006, 07:43 PM   #52
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flipmo23
again, i'll mention that it was just a test run to make sure the names were going through correctly. I never even went far enough after that to see their overall ratings. makes no sense for me to do that if the names don't go through.

but anyways, i doubt all the names went thru for you... for example, did players such as Tamba Hali, DE out of Penn State, import correctly?
Okay, im sorry about the ranting about the ratings. And oops, I ran your franchise file as is. I didnt import or export anything. I'll try that and let you know later tonight the results.

Sorry.
Old 02-17-2006, 07:55 PM   #53
Rookie

Quote:
Okay, im sorry about the ranting about the ratings. And oops, I ran your franchise file as is. I didnt import or export anything. I'll try that and let you know later tonight the results.

Sorry.
it's alright... I want a draft class file as much as anyone, which is why I'm waiting and seeing what Finn can cook up, but don't get too caught up in the overall ratings as I have not even tested/drafted the players to see what their overall ratings would/will be.
Old 02-18-2006, 12:48 AM   #54
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flipmo23
it's alright... I want a draft class file as much as anyone, which is why I'm waiting and seeing what Finn can cook up, but don't get too caught up in the overall ratings as I have not even tested/drafted the players to see what their overall ratings would/will be.
No problem bud. Sorry for being an *** before.

Anyway, I exported your Draft Class and then imported it using a franchise based on 2k5's default roster. Some players such as Cutler, Bush, Mangold show up in the editor but NONE of the players appeared correctly in-game.

The names were all mixed up. The players do appear though because there were players that had their photo removed so I knew it was them.

I think I know what you did wrong. For example, you selected a players name using that pop-up box and then edited the name by typing in a new one.

I also noticed that in the editor, all the teams (49ers, Bears, etc.) showed up in that pop-up box. For example, the 49ers are listed first above AJ Feeley. I have never seen that before.

I have messed around with the Draft Class in the editor and I realized a few things.

1) When editing players, you should always look for players who have the first and/or last name that you need. For example, if you have a DT with the name "David Bush", simply edit his position to RB. Then, all you need to do is select the first name. While I think you can use another player's first name such as Reggie Wayne or Reggie Brown, using the name "Reggie" that has this next to it [] is better because no player is attached to the name.

2) If you select a player who's name is attached to another player, never ever overwrite it by typing in a new name. Doing this will re-name that original player. So for example, if you select Steve Bush for the first and last name and then overwrite Steve into Reggie by typing it in, you will then have two Reggie Bush's when you should only have one.

3) You'll notice that when you edit a rookie's name using that pop-up list, you'll see first and/or last names that have this next to it [] but there will be this symbol next to it as well. *

In other words, you'll see names like this - Aaron[]* in the pop-up list. There are ten names alone in the letter A like this which is a very good thing.

These names arent attached to anybody which means that you can use them to rename players by typing them in.

So for example, if you have a player in the Draft Class with the last name Ferguson. Switch his position to OT. Then, select that name Aaron[]* for his first name. The box will then turn white which means you can overwrite that first name Aaron to D'Brickashaw which cant be done in-game or using that pop-up box because obviously there's no one in the game that has that name including Draft Classes and you wont be able to type in his name correctly in game because you cant use any symbols. Basically, the names that are like this - Aaron[] can be used to re-name a player who needs the name Aaron while names that look like this - Aaron[]* are perfect for when needing to manually type in a name that simply doesnt exist in-game at all such as D'Brickashaw.

I hope this doesnt sound confusing.

I was able to fix Bush by re-entering his original generated name using that pop-up box in the editor and accepting. I then re-edited the player using the name Reggie from "Reggie Brown" and Bush from "Steve Bush". He appeared in-game fine after I did this. I also fixed Mangold doing the same thing but had to type in Mangold in-game.

To find the origianl name and re-enter it, simply put the arrow from your mouse on the first and last name that are in red. The original player's first and last names will appear. All you have to do is figure out what the original name was. It takes a few minutes.

All those names that have - []* - next to it are gone which is bad because those are the names that can be used for typing in names that dont exist in-game.

I'm going to mess with the Draft Class in Finn's editor and I'll post the file tomorrow.
Old 02-18-2006, 03:16 AM   #55
Banned

Check both of these franchise files in-game by using that rookie scouting option and let me know if the five players below appear in-game. The Draft file is your original one that you have in your first post and franchise3 is from gamechewover. I cant get to my Xbox right now so I used gco's franchise file. Let me know what happens. And by the way, I exported the draft class but for whatever reason, I couldnt upload it here. I dont know why.

DE Tamba Hali
QB Vince Young
QB Jay Cutler
QB Matt Leinart
OT D'Brickashaw Ferguson
Attached Files
File Type: zip ESPNNFL2K5_Franchise3.zip (307.1 KB, 5 views)
File Type: zip ESPNNFL2K5_Draft.zip (322.4 KB, 6 views)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-18-2006, 03:17 PM   #56
Rookie

Quote:
Check both of these franchise files in-game by using that rookie scouting option and let me know if the five players below appear in-game.
Franchise3 file:

DE Tamba Hali = Is there
QB Vince Young = Gerardo Young
QB Jay Cutler = Is there
QB Matt Leinart = Is there
OT D'Brickashaw Ferguson = D'Brickashaw Cole

Draft franchise file... well, I edited all the rookies in-game, so all the names are obviously there, no need to even check that one.

Quote:
And by the way, I exported the draft class but for whatever reason, I couldnt upload it here. I dont know why.
This board won't let you upload .2k5team files, the franchise files are .zip so they are okay. You could always convert the .2k5team files into zip if you wanted to post them.

EDIT - More bad news for ya Dan... just imported your class from that franchise 3 file into a fresh default franchise, and NONE of the names went through correctly.

Matt Smith
Tamba Smith
Gerardo Young

etc...

So it looks like there's really no way around it unless Finn can figure it out [if anyone can, he's the one] but until then, I guess we'll just have to wait until the players are drafted and are put on their respective teams.

Last edited by Flipmo23; 02-18-2006 at 03:23 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »