Home

Daflyboys NFL 2K5 roster update/tweak ver 1.0

This is a discussion on Daflyboys NFL 2K5 roster update/tweak ver 1.0 within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 01-10-2006, 05:47 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Daflyboys NFL 2K5 roster update/tweak ver 1.0

I have a question about this. Are the rosters supposed to be accurate or are you concentrating more on the game play aspects?

The reason I ask is because when I look at my team (the Vikings) I notice quite a few roster mistakes (Kelly Campbell, Ken Irvin and Keenan Howry released, Anthony Herrera not Herring, C.J. Mosely and Toniu Fonoti missing, etc.)

If these are just intended to make the game play more realistic, then I'm totally fine with updating my copy a little bit.
Old 01-10-2006, 06:46 PM   #34
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

Your post suggests that you haven't really read through this thread or Rickster's. One of the things about joining a forum is to read through things so you can find answers to your questions. Read through the postings and then maybe you can come back with other points or questions. You can also help out by downloading the rosters and trying them out....which goes for other files people put in other threads as well.
Old 01-11-2006, 09:01 AM   #35
MVP

OVR: 9

Hello Daflyboys!
I have finished a test of 5 games with your latest roster file (ver 3.0) and using this set of sliders:

Options
Quarter Length: 10 minutes
Game Speed: Normal
Performance EQ: Off
Multiple Hot Routes: Off

Gameplay Sliders
Human Blocking: 18
Human Passing: 0
Human Running: 0
Human Catching: 40
Human Coverage: 0
Human Pursuit: 10
Human Tackling: 10
Human Kicking: 0
Human Fatigue: 20

CPU Blocking: 35
CPU Passing: 40
CPU Running: 31
CPU Catching: 40
CPU Coverage: 33
CPU Pursuit: 10
CPU Tackling: 10
CPU Kicking: 0
CPU Fatigue: 30

Injury: 25
Fumble: 24
Interception: 0

Penalties

All Penalties: 40 (except Offensive holding at 30)

Well I have had amazing games,I have used different teams (Steelers and Bears) against Colts (CPU) and in 5 games there were a lot of different situations,really like real NFL games.
For example Manning stars two games with horrible compl. % (he was around 36% in the first 2 quarter of a game) and then he raise up his stats,around 60% compl.
Also I noticed that with the sliders posted above the game against the CPU is a real challenge,you pay every time you forced a pass,but also you can see that sometimes SS and FS don't INT a pass,just deflect it.
The feeling is really good,I have had 2 games in which I win only by 3 and 5 points and 3 games in which I loose and both Manning and Colts HB kill me!
Please try this combination of roster file plus sliders and tell me what you notice.
The D men really play smart defense,they for example don't go around like fool but they are focused on the ball.Also Manning run the ball in some occasion if he see holes in the D.
This time is not so easy to run the ball,also both my QB and the CPU QB have only 5 INT combined in 5 games,and that is really good!
Well I'll continue to tes,anyway Daflyboys do you think you will post a roster file version 4.0?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-11-2006, 02:24 PM   #36
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

Good to see you getting nice results! As far as the next version, yes, the next phase is to look at roster accuracy. I don't think complete accuracy to the last player on the team who never sees the field is as important as the impact players....from the O-line to the P's and K's. Hopefully Flyermania is gonna be able to check one conference out and I'll do the other.
Old 01-11-2006, 05:09 PM   #37
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

Well in my custom season, I just had in incredible week 8 game vs. ATL (yes, I will start using other teams vs. the Chiefs, but since I use them so much, it does help me gauge how the other team does since the defense is supposed to suck pretty bad and the offense is supposed to be a juggernaut.)

Chiefs 36 *** Falcons 35

Vick did not run all that much which suprised me since he dropped back and then took off on the very first play of the game! He went for 62% passing with 3 TD's/2 INT's and 266. Granted a good part of that yardage was from last second bombs that actually completed right before the end of each half, but what was impressive is that he found a receiver wide open, late in the game to extend the lead to 11 (35-24). He also passed to 7 different receivers. Both INT's looked pretty legitimate. Dunn grinded 105 yds on 22 carries and a touch....no real breakouts. The TD was a phenomenal run inside the red zone...darting in and out of the broken piles. Duckett only say 2 carries, but busted one for 57 yds and outran the last defender....gotta say it was typical current day Chiefs D giving up the long play.

On the Chiefs side of the ball, Green blew up going 22/41 and 432 yds, 2 TD/2 INT's. The INTs were also legit, well sort of. The first looked like an incomplete pick off, but my challenge was declined. He got hot on the last two drives I had, especially to Kennison, who dropped his fair share of balls, but finished with 8 recs for 217 and a late long TD. Johnson only had 48 yds on 21 carries after Holmes got hurt, but was a horse near the GL with 2 TD's. I just couldn't get the running game going. Green also had a rush TD. I typically don't run the QB unless it's absolutely last choice. The right side was wide open and no receivers were.

I think what I learned from this one was to up my running slider somewhat and dumb down my receiving and QB slider more. Right now, I'm using Dan's week 14 slider at half strength for my human team. I think I'll do running at 2/3rd's and passing/catching at 1/3.

Unfortunately, I'm not seeing under 2 INT's/game by the cpu. In my previous game against Brees, he had 0 TD's and 3 picks, though I still lost another close one 26-24 as Brees did throw for 226 and had some nice completions right at the end of the game to set up the winning FG! (Tomlinson went 29 for 131 and McCardell was 6/115....SD's 2 TD's both came on picks!) Gotta look some more at the individual tweaks and see maybe what is contributing to this....if there may be some type of pattern in a particular attribute.
Old 01-11-2006, 05:11 PM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 1

Ok. I said something similar in Ricksters post, but I'll say it here also.

I really was only looking for info. I tried reading the posts but I must have missed where the intent of the rosters was.

I was willing to make some changes (atleast for my copy of the rosters) but before I started doing anything I wanted to see if you guys intended just to make a more realistic playing roster (tweaking attributes) or if you wanted an up to date roster. I was only looking for a response somewhere along the lines of "we tweaked the attributes but haven't really had time/energy/desire to update the rosters. They're easy to fix, so go ahead and do it".

Sorry if I pissed anyone off. Just trying to be part of the forum.
Old 01-11-2006, 06:24 PM   #39
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

Yes...I think you missed it. This actually started with Rickster and I was intrigued that he did some updating. Since files get worked on from person to person, things can get overlooked depending on what you're trying to do. My interest would really be to try to keep 2K4 updated. I just think overall there's more gameplay potential with it, but I've got to let it go since there's no editor and eventually player nos. and edits will cap out.

My interest had been in making gameplay, esp. QB play for K5 more realistic. Since the game does respond to the editor and to the sliders....that leaves room for lots of potential. So my ver. 3 incorporates input from lots that I've read and discussed with others, plus from other observations and trends I've seen in the game....which is what other roster makers do as well. Sometimes, there's just nothing you can do to overturn some of the programming glitches....which imo the biggest one is the kick return game. I think if VC would have been doing a game this year and next....that along with some more variability in penalty calling and the kick hold game could have been incorporated.

So in the meantime, we make due, since many 2k followers have little hope in Madden for years to come. The next version will hopefully have more accurate rosters, especially at the 1st and 2nd strings....if those aren't great already!
Old 01-12-2006, 10:36 AM   #40
MVP

OVR: 9

Dear Daflyboys,
have you use the slider settings I have post or not?
Just curious to know if you use the slider settings I used 'cause I wanna get your opinions on how they work.
I hope you'll post another AR roster file soon as I really would like to start my own season mode.
Another thing,I have noticed that in your roster in FA there are Owens and Rice,I pass the problem by turn their attributes down to 0 as I immagine that if you leave them both in season mode immediately the CPU will sign them.
Last thing,could you post your tweak roster with 2005/2006 schedule?
It'd be great to play with this year schedule!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »