Home

Daflyboys NFL 2K5 roster update/tweak ver 1.0

This is a discussion on Daflyboys NFL 2K5 roster update/tweak ver 1.0 within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 01-09-2006, 10:26 AM   #9
MVP

Flyermania's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Daflyboys NFL 2K5 roster update/tweak ver 1.0

DFB,

Have you done any tests on these in season mode? Just curious as to if the season/simmed stats still look normal or if they're messed up.

Your pal,

FM
Old 01-09-2006, 10:54 AM   #10
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyermania
DFB,

Have you done any tests on these in season mode? Just curious as to if the season/simmed stats still look normal or if they're messed up.

Your pal,

FM
Not yet, but did take my latest tweaks into a tournament game,though I'm not sure if they play the same vs. season. I do know there's no obvious place to do the coach game plan sliders in tournament. I did further tweaking last night a la augustus' thread, especially as a guidance for ranges in certain attributes in the other positions. I liked what I got, but had to re-think two main things: QB aggression (which he suggests maxing) and human sliders.

QB aggression: in experiment 1 (9 min. qtrs.) vs. Manning/Colts and aggression maxed, Manning played horrible. I think what agg at this level does for QB's is take away how they survey the field. He started out 1 for 6 and it just didn't look like he knew what he was doing. In experiment 2, I put aggression back down to 25, and in the 1st half, he threw almost 55% for 1 TD, 1 pick and 255 yards! And the pick was a tipped pass that got batted straight up and softly came down in another DB's hands (actually, it looked pretty realistic...I'll post some vids later). But, the nice thing was that he really looked like he was surveying the field. And he threw a lot! On one pass, he had about 6 secs. from snap to ball release. And some of the connections, especially to Harrison looked like NFL type timing patterns!

Human sliders: with EQ on, it seemed that passing/catching/running using Dan's straight up sliders made it too easy, especially using the Chiefs. So I went with half strength and found it much more challenging. I'm starting to think that to make it easy for the future, and since I dont' think Dan is doing sliders any longer, group teams in one of only several slider sets based on their relative strengths.

I only need to update moves Rickster made from his ver. 1 to ver. 3 and I'll double check depth charts..... and ya, Rand, I need to really check this out in season mode. In fact, do you have any desire to check depth charts behind us for AFC or NFC and put changes down in a text file? That would speed things up. Maybe what I'll do is release this latest version with the newest tweaks and worry about depth charts/accuracy later so guys can test game play and make suggestions as needed.

Tx all!~
Old 01-09-2006, 11:13 AM   #11
MVP

Flyermania's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by daflyboys
I only need to update moves Rickster made from his ver. 1 to ver. 3 and I'll double check depth charts..... and ya, Rand, I need to really check this out in season mode. In fact, do you have any desire to check depth charts behind us for AFC or NFC and put changes down in a text file? That would speed things up. Maybe what I'll do is release this latest version with the newest tweaks and worry about depth charts/accuracy later so guys can test game play and make suggestions as needed.

Tx all!~
I can do that....this week is a bit crazy (especially with the Flyers/Hawks game), but I can take a look at them and make a list of any changes that need to be made.

I agree that depth charts/accuracy aren't as pressing as the gameplay/testing. We can always fix the rosters and depth charts if needed.

I'll also do some tests of these in season mode and see what happens with the simmed stats.

Good job!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-09-2006, 11:22 AM   #12
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

Okay, I'll post later tonight if at all possible. BTW, what's the bottom line with Finn's editor (and which ver.) to do changes (not necessarily audio) to names and attributes? Is the ceiling finally off without bugs for good? I got lost in all the thread talks about it.
Old 01-09-2006, 11:47 AM   #13
MVP

Flyermania's Arena

To my knowledge it's version .274, but I am not 100% certain on that.
Old 01-09-2006, 11:53 AM   #14
MVP

OVR: 9

Dear Daflyboys,
I'll wait for your new AR roster file.I think it'd be great if you could also post here an AR file with your complete slider settings.so we can test the whole thing,I mean it's better to test the whole thing.I have test roster file with different slider settings and the games were very different.
So please post both Ar roster file and settings file!
Old 01-09-2006, 12:32 PM   #15
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bascape666
Dear Daflyboys,
I'll wait for your new AR roster file.I think it'd be great if you could also post here an AR file with your complete slider settings.so we can test the whole thing,I mean it's better to test the whole thing.I have test roster file with different slider settings and the games were very different.
So please post both Ar roster file and settings file!
The thing is I don't have a slider setting that's mine, or at least I'm not looking to use one that's not variable, that's why I've been talking about Dan's weekly sliders found in that forums area. Additionally, sliders are something you adjust to taste. I will tell you this, with fatigue, anything below 7 and you'll get substitutions happening for the starters all too frequently. 8-10 seems good in that area. I like fumble at 25 (maybe 30 for inclement weather); INT's @ 0 and injury @ 19. I think as far as human sliders go, you can start with Dan's and then adjust to your skill level and how challenging you want to make it for your team. Two other big factors in how well the cpu will play defense against you would be pursuit and tackle, which I could see keeping constant throughout your games, but again....adjust to taste.

In short....I won't be posting a slider set, only tweaked rosters.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-09-2006, 12:57 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by daflyboys
The thing is I don't have a slider setting that's mine, or at least I'm not looking to use one that's not variable, that's why I've been talking about Dan's weekly sliders found in that forums area. Additionally, sliders are something you adjust to taste. I will tell you this, with fatigue, anything below 7 and you'll get substitutions happening for the starters all too frequently. 8-10 seems good in that area. I like fumble at 25 (maybe 30 for inclement weather); INT's @ 0 and injury @ 19. I think as far as human sliders go, you can start with Dan's and then adjust to your skill level and how challenging you want to make it for your team. Two other big factors in how well the cpu will play defense against you would be pursuit and tackle, which I could see keeping constant throughout your games, but again....adjust to taste.

In short....I won't be posting a slider set, only tweaked rosters.

I understand your thoughts,anyway can you please tell me how have you set pursuit and tackle for CPU teams?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »