Home

Candyman's XBOX NFL2K5 Roster V4 FINAL

This is a discussion on Candyman's XBOX NFL2K5 Roster V4 FINAL within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 10-03-2005, 09:23 AM   #17
RIP Brodie!!!

CaptainZombie's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Candyman's XBOX NFL2K5 Roster V4 FINAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejackal25
Mike Adams isn't a very good safety for the niners...his rating should definitely be lowered. Dwaine Carpenter was released earlier in the season to my recollection. Barlow's rating should also be a bit lower, and Plummer, Rumph, and Peterson should have very low durability as they're never healthy. The pic you used for Brandon Jacobs looks quite a bit like Frank Gore, and Steve Herndon's picture would work really well for David Bass. I think fans of each team should post the most accurate replacement pics for rookies for their team and then we can collaboratively have an excellent roster set with the best pictures possible.
Thanks Jackal. There are a variety of reasons as to why I haven't messed around too much with ratings and the pictures issue I'm sorry to say is a dead issue with me.

1-I haven't done any global edits. I don't care for global editing. I only have edited the attributes on a select few players throughout the league that I thought needed to be adjusted. When you start making way too many attribute changes on players, then it really messes up the team. Stats tend to be out of whack and then when you are using customized sliders there are times where the end results are not NFL like. For example, there are a bunch of rosters here at OS that have been heavily tampered with (attributes wise) and the OS Sliders experts are having a nightmare trying to get those rosters to play a good game of ball since they have been tampered with so much via attributes.

2-I receive such split feedback on how people want pics, people want no pics, the pics look good, the pics look bad that I have decided to leave everything as is. I wish I had the time to get the pics 110% accurate, but that is something that I couldn't fully concentrate on. I tried to get them as spot on as possible and of course there are going to be errors.
Old 10-03-2005, 09:32 AM   #18
Banned

OVR: 21

Candyman,

Tried your roster and great job on getting the rosters up to date as possible personnel wise. I know how hard it is just to update player info.

Have a question on the attribute rating issue - if no adjustments are done, shouldn't we expect the players to perform as they were projected to by the game manufacturer for the 2004 season? I assume that the rosters are updated for names and other non-ratings info from a set from last years' game? And since the game comes out in August, it is a projection on how they think the players will do for the 2004 season?

I am not arguing your stance on changing the ratings. I am just wondering if we should expect similar player performances as to what they did in 2004?

C
Old 10-03-2005, 09:35 AM   #19
Pro

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by candyman56
What's your favorite team? Do you have an Action Replay?

Vikings and Yes.
Old 10-03-2005, 09:55 AM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 1

Hey candyman.. just wanted to comment on your roster. Kinda glanced at my cowboys realy quick. This is what i noticed.

WR Terrence Copper is missing
T Jacob Rogers no longer on team (he was injury released)
Eric Ogbogu is Olb not a DE
You've got Scott shanle on there twice at olb and ilb
missing Nathan jones CB

hope thats helps u out some.

the game
Old 10-03-2005, 10:07 AM   #21
RIP Brodie!!!

CaptainZombie's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by capa
Candyman,

Tried your roster and great job on getting the rosters up to date as possible personnel wise. I know how hard it is just to update player info.

Have a question on the attribute rating issue - if no adjustments are done, shouldn't we expect the players to perform as they were projected to by the game manufacturer for the 2004 season? I assume that the rosters are updated for names and other non-ratings info from a set from last years' game? And since the game comes out in August, it is a projection on how they think the players will do for the 2004 season?

I am not arguing your stance on changing the ratings. I am just wondering if we should expect similar player performances as to what they did in 2004?

C
There has been minimum attributes changes that have been done individually. I have gone through and fixed some the top players troughout the league from the first 2 weeks worth. I have also fixed a few players that have had a decline.

I simmed the game in 2 different scenarios. One using default rosters from what the game originally generated and the ones that I created. The rosters that I created had stats that were different from the default roster stats.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2005, 02:10 PM   #22
Rookie

RDMercer's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegame2321
Hey candyman.. just wanted to comment on your roster. Kinda glanced at my cowboys realy quick. This is what i noticed.

WR Terrence Copper is missing
T Jacob Rogers no longer on team (he was injury released)
Eric Ogbogu is Olb not a DE
You've got Scott shanle on there twice at olb and ilb
missing Nathan jones CB

hope thats helps u out some.

the game
Yeah I noticed the same, but since this was going to be the last update, those are easy fixes just for us Cowboys fans...I know the rest of the roster looks great Candyman. I too went through and adjusted some guys that are trying to get back from inj. i.e. Steve Smith, etc...but that is more of a personal tweek and not a roster update...OVERALL...YOU DID A GREAT JOB AND YOU ARE THE MAN!!!

BTW, I simmed several seasons as well with 1 team and with all 32, with the 2004 schedule and the 2005, and NO FREEZING!

Thanks
Old 10-03-2005, 02:34 PM   #23
RIP Brodie!!!

CaptainZombie's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDMercer
Yeah I noticed the same, but since this was going to be the last update, those are easy fixes just for us Cowboys fans...I know the rest of the roster looks great Candyman. I too went through and adjusted some guys that are trying to get back from inj. i.e. Steve Smith, etc...but that is more of a personal tweek and not a roster update...OVERALL...YOU DID A GREAT JOB AND YOU ARE THE MAN!!!

BTW, I simmed several seasons as well with 1 team and with all 32, with the 2004 schedule and the 2005, and NO FREEZING!

Thanks
RD, as always thanks for all the help that you have provided with testing these rosters.

As RDMercer has pointed out, there is no way of having perfect rosters since every week there are over 50 guys that are part of the injury/cut/signed pool. It makes it kind of tough for roster makers to get everything to the tee. Yes, as RD mentions above this is going to be my final update. I want to start a franchise and enjoy these rosters + amongst a bunch of other games that I have purchased which I want to play.

My main goal was to have a set of rosters that everyone could start a franchise with so they could enjoy this game with an updated set. Like RD said, go ahead and make personal tweaks to enjoy the game.

Everyone may see me make a return to roster making at the end of the month with NBA2K6 rosters.
Old 10-03-2005, 02:53 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 2

SWEET AS CANDY - Very nice job - I will definately look out for your NBA2K6 rosters.

Last edited by El Magnifico; 10-03-2005 at 03:12 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »