Home

New xbox action replay 4/25/05 with draft picks updated

This is a discussion on New xbox action replay 4/25/05 with draft picks updated within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 04-26-2005, 04:43 PM   #25
Rookie

Boller2Heap's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: New xbox action replay 4/25/05 with draft picks updated

Am I doing something wrong...I downloaded it and transferred it to my card, when I load it in game no rookies show up and it's basically just like the default roster.

Edit: Nevermind, LOL I was openin the wrong .zip

Last edited by Boller2Heap; 04-26-2005 at 04:49 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2005, 02:49 PM   #26
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

Ok, JMC.... I had time to mess with these and add edits suggested by a guy at the nfl2kx boards (adriano) who seemed to have a great philosophy with tweaks. I did a test game using sliders I developed a while back (in franchise --- which seems to play different than a quick game --- with EQ on & 10 min. quarters; though with these tweaks it may be time to try EQ off again). I also did a quick comb through on depth charts. There are a couple of minor movements I couldn't do b/c team rosters were full. Here are the edits I applied:

JMC’s Roster Tweaks by Attribute

Strength & Power:

RB's top strength -- mid 60's
FB top strength -- high 70's
All Linesman minimum strength 60; Except DE's, DE minimum is 55
K's kick pwr min = 70

Consistency:

All except K --- consistency -13% (min 20; max = mid 80’s)

Coverage:

CB's miminum coverage = 55; minimum stamina 70
FS/SS mimimum coverage = 50

Stamina & Catch:

FB stamina max = 80
RB stamina max = 90; min = 55
All DB and LB’s --- catch –75%

Aggression:

DL agg min = 60
All DB’s agg min 15; max 40

Some positions need to be filled IMO so that the injury feature works. For example, I think it's the Titans that only have 3 or 4 receivers which may trigger the programming to say, "don't injure any receivers b/c there are no back-ups". So I think there needs to be a minimum at every position for just about every team, unless the current team reflects no depth, like IND @ RB.

I don't want to post these as they are significantly your work, not mine. I'll PM you with my email address so I can get the file to you.... or AIM me at

Again, tremendous job man!

P.S. I'm currently making up a sliders screen to go with this roster pack ....GCO has the right idea with that as I've done it with hockey sliders in the past.
Old 04-27-2005, 04:35 PM   #27
Pro

OVR: 7

Nice to see someone else is undertaking this same deal. I have started as well. I have about 30 or so hours invested in creating NFL 2K6. Here is a post from another forum of what I have done so far.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

NFL 2k6 is under production !!!

Well atleast my own personal version of it.... After seeing that Madden 2006 is going to be exactly like as Madden 98-05 I had to take action. NFL 2K6 must be made. Heres what I did.

Start from the last roster download.
. a. Make all TRADES since the offseason began.
. b. Go through every roster 1 by 1 releasing all FA's and players that have been . released.
. c. Assign FA's to the new teams they signed with. That is If they have signed with someone.

I then created the first two rounds of the draft and assigned them to their new teams. There are 47 create a player slots you can use. When those run out just use a rookie from the FA pool that never caught on last year that has the same position as the rookie you want to make. I created about 95% of the first two rounds. I then created the notables from rounds 3-7. As the preseason goes on I will add more rookies or take them out depending on who becomes a steal and who becomes a bust in real life.

All and all this worked out pretty well. Most names are recognized by the CPU so they will say their last name in game. ( too bad Benson,Bradley,Orton arent recognised). I will monitor the FA signing and assign the FA's in my game to their teams when they sign. I will do the same for releasing players. After the preseason is over I will finalize my rosters. Update player ratings and Viola !!! Ill have a pretty damm nice version of NFL2K6 to play.

I had no idea how long this would take. Im too embarrased to admit it. Lets just say dont plan on leaving your house for the weekend. But now me and NFL.com/KFFL are HUGE friends and my knowledge of NFL teams rosters is about as good as it has EVER been. lol

Long Live 2KSports!!!!!
-------------------------------------------------------------------

As I sit now I have all the NFL rosters up to date. Minus the obscure later round draft picks and some UDRFA's. I tried to add everyone that has a chance to actually make a team. I will add the obscure later round and UDRFA's that get signed when they actually make the team. No sense in wasting all the time when 99% of them wont make it.

All real life FA's are in Free Agency. I will add them to teams as they sign and release the players that get released as it happens. I monitor all NFL transactions every night via KFFL.com and make all changes as they occur.

Basically all I have left to do is monitor NFL transactions and update my roster as they occur. The hard part is done.

When I am done with this I plan to have atleast a 95% accurate NFL2K6 roster. And yes I create every player with their correct school, hieght, weight ect.......

FYI- When you run out of create a player slots since ther are only 47 and used up all the rookie FA's from last year. Find a rookie from last year who didnt have a picture. Release him to FA and creatre him again with a 2nd year player. This way you update the last year rookies "years as Pro" field and open a new slot for a 2005 rookie at the same time.

I dont have AR yet. I will be getting it and I will post this for all 2K gamers to enjoy when I get it completed.

A question I have is what are these EDITORS I hear spoken about ? How do you get them and what exactly can you do with them. I seen someone mention changing a coaches name ? i would love to be able to do that.
Minnesota Wild

Last edited by Chitown1211; 04-27-2005 at 04:39 PM.
Old 04-27-2005, 05:41 PM   #28
jmc
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by daflyboys
Ok, JMC.... I had time to mess with these and add edits suggested by a guy at the nfl2kx boards (adriano) who seemed to have a great philosophy with tweaks. I did a test game using sliders I developed a while back (in franchise --- which seems to play different than a quick game --- with EQ on & 10 min. quarters; though with these tweaks it may be time to try EQ off again). I also did a quick comb through on depth charts. There are a couple of minor movements I couldn't do b/c team rosters were full. Here are the edits I applied:

JMC’s Roster Tweaks by Attribute

Strength & Power:

RB's top strength -- mid 60's
FB top strength -- high 70's
All Linesman minimum strength 60; Except DE's, DE minimum is 55
K's kick pwr min = 70

Consistency:

All except K --- consistency -13% (min 20; max = mid 80’s)

Coverage:

CB's miminum coverage = 55; minimum stamina 70
FS/SS mimimum coverage = 50

Stamina & Catch:

FB stamina max = 80
RB stamina max = 90; min = 55
All DB and LB’s --- catch –75%

Aggression:

DL agg min = 60
All DB’s agg min 15; max 40

Some positions need to be filled IMO so that the injury feature works. For example, I think it's the Titans that only have 3 or 4 receivers which may trigger the programming to say, "don't injure any receivers b/c there are no back-ups". So I think there needs to be a minimum at every position for just about every team, unless the current team reflects no depth, like IND @ RB.

I don't want to post these as they are significantly your work, not mine. I'll PM you with my email address so I can get the file to you.... or AIM me at

Again, tremendous job man!

P.S. I'm currently making up a sliders screen to go with this roster pack ....GCO has the right idea with that as I've done it with hockey sliders in the past.
daflyboys I just mist your post before I add my new updated roster, sorry about that

Last edited by jmc; 04-27-2005 at 05:46 PM.
Old 04-27-2005, 06:14 PM   #29
All Star

jt45's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitown1211
Nice to see someone else is undertaking this same deal. I have started as well. I have about 30 or so hours invested in creating NFL 2K6. Here is a post from another forum of what I have done so far.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

NFL 2k6 is under production !!!

Well atleast my own personal version of it.... After seeing that Madden 2006 is going to be exactly like as Madden 98-05 I had to take action. NFL 2K6 must be made. Heres what I did.

Start from the last roster download.
. a. Make all TRADES since the offseason began.
. b. Go through every roster 1 by 1 releasing all FA's and players that have been . released.
. c. Assign FA's to the new teams they signed with. That is If they have signed with someone.

I then created the first two rounds of the draft and assigned them to their new teams. There are 47 create a player slots you can use. When those run out just use a rookie from the FA pool that never caught on last year that has the same position as the rookie you want to make. I created about 95% of the first two rounds. I then created the notables from rounds 3-7. As the preseason goes on I will add more rookies or take them out depending on who becomes a steal and who becomes a bust in real life.

All and all this worked out pretty well. Most names are recognized by the CPU so they will say their last name in game. ( too bad Benson,Bradley,Orton arent recognised). I will monitor the FA signing and assign the FA's in my game to their teams when they sign. I will do the same for releasing players. After the preseason is over I will finalize my rosters. Update player ratings and Viola !!! Ill have a pretty damm nice version of NFL2K6 to play.

I had no idea how long this would take. Im too embarrased to admit it. Lets just say dont plan on leaving your house for the weekend. But now me and NFL.com/KFFL are HUGE friends and my knowledge of NFL teams rosters is about as good as it has EVER been. lol

Long Live 2KSports!!!!!
-------------------------------------------------------------------

As I sit now I have all the NFL rosters up to date. Minus the obscure later round draft picks and some UDRFA's. I tried to add everyone that has a chance to actually make a team. I will add the obscure later round and UDRFA's that get signed when they actually make the team. No sense in wasting all the time when 99% of them wont make it.

All real life FA's are in Free Agency. I will add them to teams as they sign and release the players that get released as it happens. I monitor all NFL transactions every night via KFFL.com and make all changes as they occur.

Basically all I have left to do is monitor NFL transactions and update my roster as they occur. The hard part is done.

When I am done with this I plan to have atleast a 95% accurate NFL2K6 roster. And yes I create every player with their correct school, hieght, weight ect.......

FYI- When you run out of create a player slots since ther are only 47 and used up all the rookie FA's from last year. Find a rookie from last year who didnt have a picture. Release him to FA and creatre him again with a 2nd year player. This way you update the last year rookies "years as Pro" field and open a new slot for a 2005 rookie at the same time.

I dont have AR yet. I will be getting it and I will post this for all 2K gamers to enjoy when I get it completed.

A question I have is what are these EDITORS I hear spoken about ? How do you get them and what exactly can you do with them. I seen someone mention changing a coaches name ? i would love to be able to do that.
Using Finn's editor you can change players positions and years of service, among other things.

http://web.tampabay.rr.com/flyingfinn/roster.htm

Scroll down and look for NFL 2k5 editor.
Old 04-27-2005, 07:44 PM   #30
Pro

OVR: 7

Thanks

Man that is freaking incredible !
Minnesota Wild
Old 04-27-2005, 07:53 PM   #31
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmc
daflyboys I just mist your post before I add my new updated roster, sorry about that
No sweat at all man....it's not like there were a whole lot of changes, right? The only personal interest team tweak that I made was Eddie Kennison of the Chiefs. They had him faster than Dante Hall!! He's one of us older men....so I bumped him down to 80.

The bottom line was how the rosters would play in franchise mode. I've been very pleased so far. In game 1, Trent Green started out horrible against the Denver defense throwing 2 bad (but realistic) INT's in the first half, though rallied to throw a TD pass right before halftime to bring the Chiefs within 10 at 20-10. I stiffened up my D in the 2nd half not allowing any points as newly acquired Surtain and Knight made a key INT and 4th down stop. Running was tough with Holmes only tallying under 50 yds. But Green ended up with 333 for 3TDs and 3 INTs. In game 2 versus CAR, it looked like last year's Chiefs run D, giving up over 200 to Stephen Davis, including an 80+ yd'er! But the pass D stayed tough allowing only 10 points in a 16-10 win. Both Elam and Kasay missed mid-30 yarders in each game, not normally seen, so I think I need to bump up my CPU kick slider slightly.

I think the Punters consistency needs to come down a lot. They tend to boom every single punt.

BTW...jmc: did you add a year of experience via the editor in your rosters?

Last edited by daflyboys; 04-27-2005 at 08:03 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2005, 09:11 PM   #32
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrivera34
Great roster.

I just tried something with this roster while I was bored at work (just don't tell my boss )

Can some with Action Replay load this file up and let me know if the Dallas Coach is know named Bill Parcells, and if the Browns coach is now named Romeo Crennel.

I in no way take credit for this awesome roster update, I just want to see if I was able to manipulate the file with this hex editor program I downloaded.

If this works, I will continue to try and crack this file and hopefully help out Finn with his editor.

Thanks all!

This may work if there is something in the file that needs to be removed, maybe there is a Datel file or something that may be need to extracted or added. Just a suggestion, maybe one of the brain trusts on this site will fly to the rescue..

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »