Home

Old 10-25-2020, 03:07 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: NFL2K5Tool

On Franchise Files the default salary cap is like $80.5M.

In the Madden translated rosters/franchise files this is a problem because when your players are rated so high, they demand so much money that you cannot really make it through an offseason without many, many edits.

Flying Finn's editor supports changing salary cap, but I haven't yet implemented it in NFL2K5Tool.

But, you can use the following 'SET command' to set the salary sap to $198.2M (2020's Cap) in NFL2K5Tool:

# Set Salary Cap -> 198.2M
SET(0x9ACCC, 0x38060300)
Old 11-08-2020, 03:34 PM   #18
Rookie

New Release of NFL2K5Tool Posted

https://github.com/BAD-AL/NFL2K5Tool/releases
New features tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QkMhf44q9g

Notes:
1. PS2 (.max) Support
2. Bug Fixes
3. 'Check attributes' menus
4. Enhanced face selection form
5. Edit Coach form

Last edited by BAD_AL; 11-10-2020 at 09:42 AM. Reason: found bug
Old 11-16-2020, 12:44 PM   #19
Pro

chibears96's Arena

OVR: 6

Hey Bad_Al thanks for all the amazing hard work!
I'm trying to add players to a draft class on a franchise file. However, for many of the players I get an error saying "Could not find matching name in string database. player not added firstNameExists=False lastNameExists=False". I'm wondering what is the best way around this issue when creating a new draft class?
Thanks again for all you've done!
Old 11-18-2020, 10:24 AM   #20
Just started!

OVR: 0

Is it possible to add extra playoff teams and extra weeks for franchise mode to keep with future schedules or is that too difficult to mod?
Old 11-18-2020, 11:48 AM   #21
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chibears96
Hey Bad_Al thanks for all the amazing hard work!
I'm trying to add players to a draft class on a franchise file. However, for many of the players I get an error saying "Could not find matching name in string database. player not added firstNameExists=False lastNameExists=False". I'm wondering what is the best way around this issue when creating a new draft class?
Thanks again for all you've done!
It's been years since I looked at this, thanks for bringing it back up as it should be addressed (if nothing else, in documentation).
I think what's going on is that by default, the Draft Class player names are often reused in the gamesave file.

You can do the following to work around this issue:
1. Figure out if it's first name, last name or both that are not currently in the gamesave file.
2. Modify a Free Agent (or multiple Free Agents) to have the missing name ( modify the first name or last name, don't give the guy the exact same name).

So you're probably not having trouble adding "Zack Wilson" because his first and last name are very common and should also exist in the save file.
But you may have trouble adding "Shane Buechele" because "Buechele" probably doesn't already exist in the gamesave.
Then you may choose to modify a Player (likely a low rated free agent) like "Clayton Thorson" to be "Clayton Buechele".
But if you're also having trouble adding 'Mac Jones' you may want to change "Clayton Thorson" to be "Mac Buechele" to add both names.

Are you working on adding a draft class representative of this year's NFL draft prospects?

If so, I would like to work with you in order to make the process easier.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-18-2020, 12:28 PM   #22
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkness3827
Is it possible to add extra playoff teams and extra weeks for franchise mode to keep with future schedules or is that too difficult to mod?
I'll start off with this comment: "There is a LOT of stuff that I don't know about in the gamesave data."

I'm not sure if it is possible. If anyone wants to look at the schedule (binary) to see if they can figure out more stuff, here is a link to the default schedule:
https://github.com/BAD-AL/NFL2K5Tool...2004-05.nfl2k5
(The schedule starts at 0x917EB in the franchise file)

I do see a lot of "Null games" at the end of the schedule which are probably placeholders for playoff games that get filled in by the Game after the regular season ends. There are more "Null Games" than playoff games. Which leads me to think that it may be possible to add teams/games to the playoffs, but we'd need to export the franchise savegame, modify the schedule and then put it back onto the console/emulator.
Finn's editor has a 'import/export binary schedule' feature, so you can play around with this if you want.

(If so, you may want to look at https://github.com/BAD-AL/NFL2K5Tool...dulerHelper.cs to see how a game is constructed/placed in the schedule)

Last edited by BAD_AL; 11-18-2020 at 12:34 PM. Reason: Correction
Old 12-08-2020, 11:05 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NFL2K5Tool (new NFL2K5 editing program )

Great work man, your editor is amazing.

I am brand new to all this editing stuff and was just curious if a PS2 franchise save file could be edited (roster edits) using your editor. I am having a heck of a time trying to figure it out. I'm not exactly the most savvy when it comes to this stuff.
Old 12-14-2020, 02:34 PM   #24
Rookie

Re: NFL2K5Tool (new NFL2K5 editing program )

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishfanjho15
Great work man, your editor is amazing.

I am brand new to all this editing stuff and was just curious if a PS2 franchise save file could be edited (roster edits) using your editor. I am having a heck of a time trying to figure it out. I'm not exactly the most savvy when it comes to this stuff.
There is a tutorial here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCqsq_2GqYs

It does support PS2 .max files.

This thread should show you how to get files in/out of your platform.

If your situation isn't covered in there, it may be in another thread.
If you cannot find help with you particular platform/scenario, request in that thread.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »