Home

Why The NFL 2K Series Was Truly Great And Why You Should Miss It

This is a discussion on Why The NFL 2K Series Was Truly Great And Why You Should Miss It within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-20-2014, 09:03 AM   #57
Rookie

juduking's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Why The NFL 2K Series Was Truly Great And Why You Should Miss It

Its crazy to see this on the front page just a day after the Madden twitch stream got such a positive response in the Madden thread. I enjoy sim gaming and do not care where it comes from, but maybe just maybe its time to move on as Rex Dickson clearly at least knows what us sim guys want and is trying to get it done in Madden. If we keep dwelling on the past and comparing 2 completely different games to each other then we are doing Rex and his team a great disservice as he needs our support if we are ever to get to true sim gaming in Madden and not arcade cheese.
Old 07-20-2014, 09:10 AM   #58
C*t*z*n *f RSN

K_GUN's Arena

OVR: 22
Why The NFL 2K Series Was Truly Great And Why You Should Miss It

haha.....this is sad but i'll admit it......i actually dreamed about 2k last night.....i made this amazing pass play to bernie Parmelee (dolphins?).....and in the dream said what i had said for several years when playing the game........"you would never see that in Madden"

my love affair began xmas 2000-2001....cant recall.....my younger bro had a Dreamcast...we fired up 2K.....I immediately fell in love (i had been playing madden for several years PC/PS2 before this encounter).....the game was so......alive.

2k3-4-5 was everything Madden wasn't.....realistic...fun...energetic commentary/play by play....even the over-the-top tackle sound was great.

I was crushed when the news dropped about the license....i kept playing 2k5 for 2-3 years afterwards then even bought APF but......it wasn't the same.......the magic was lost......to this day I still fire up APF once in a while.......

a fun time during my gaming career indeed

But....ive moved on.....

Last edited by K_GUN; 07-20-2014 at 09:24 AM.
Old 07-20-2014, 10:34 AM   #59
Pro

bxphenom7's Arena

OVR: 9
I don't blame people for moving on, but I don't think I ever will. I still have hope that 2k and EA will sort their stuff out, and 2k can feel confident in releasing a football game again because they'll have the NFL license....and EA can return to making MVP Baseball. It's all about competition. This is why I would like to see NBA Live return and have some success, PES have some success, MVP Baseball return so The Show has competition, and another NHL game release. Sure, some developers are driven out of competition just for making an inferior product, like Live and MLB 2k, but no competition really can doom a series to become stale.

I won't move on. Won't even think of moving on because personally I believe that doesn't help any chances of 2k coming back, even to make a generic football game. Have to show the demand.
Old 07-20-2014, 10:51 AM   #60
MVP

bigbob's Arena

OVR: 28

I don't blame people for moving on but I can't stand whenever someone say's that other people need to move on. Why? Why would someone move on from a game that they feel is better than anything we have today?

Call of Duty: Black Ops is my favorite COD. Should I move on because Ghosts is out? No because I think Ghosts is the worst of the three non-Modern Warfares.

So, I should be less happy just because you think I should move on?

I hate people.

/rant

This is directed at anyone specifically in this thread (I haven't read every post) but it is directed at those on this forum who have said "Time to move on" about anything.

Have you ever wanted to coach or play basketball at the next level, but something prevented you from achieving that dream? Fret no more. Ask me about SimWorld Hoops to see how you can create your virtual self, and follow your path from the prep-level to the pros.

#SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Old 07-20-2014, 10:53 AM   #61
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingdavidtaylor1989
You know you're fueling EA sports by buying madden. Buy it used.
I'd rather fuel them to continue to improve and keep up the high end visuals. NFL2k5 while not a bad game by any means, was not the next coming like so many with rose colored glasses paint it out to be. It is likely the single most over rated sports title of all time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2014, 11:00 AM   #62
Banned

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Banner
I'm sorry but you guys overrate 2k5 so much. I'll never understand why so many believe that's the greatest football game ever.
Well you know what they say-----opinions are like ********-----everybody has one.

I never thought it was the GOAT, but it was damn good for its time on inferior hardware. Even now when I play a quick game, it still sucks me in and slightly blurs that line between video game and an actual TV broadcast.

I like speculating on what might have been had they continued. I have a feeling many would be saying "EA Who??" right about now.
Old 07-20-2014, 11:11 AM   #63
MVP

OVR: 14

We're in a 2k sub forum reminising about a game series that we all enjoyed, it started way before 2k5 for me. Reminsing about 2k is not doing madden a disservice nor is it disrespectful to Rex, this forum is not owned by EA. I think we all want madden to be worlds better than any football game ever created, we have no choice. I reminise about lots of things, you tend to do that when you reach my age, no harm no foul.
Old 07-20-2014, 11:32 AM   #64
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Banner
I'm sorry but you guys overrate 2k5 so much. I'll never understand why so many believe that's the greatest football game ever.
The article this thread is about might have hinted at one or two things.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »