Home

Why The NFL 2K Series Was Truly Great And Why You Should Miss It

This is a discussion on Why The NFL 2K Series Was Truly Great And Why You Should Miss It within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-20-2014, 02:53 PM   #73
MVP

OVR: 11
The G.O.A.T
Old 07-20-2014, 02:59 PM   #74
MVP

strawberryshortcake's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Why The NFL 2K Series Was Truly Great And Why You Should Miss It

NFL 2k5

Real NFL

Madden/Live Animations Walking, Throwing
Old 07-20-2014, 03:24 PM   #75
MVP

OVR: 14

The lost potential based on the trajectory this game was on and the fact it was ended so abruptly with arguably the best version of football ever is what gives 2k it's martyr status. Year after year the game was improved, not incremental improvements or additions but wholesale changes in game elements. Who knows if the game could have kept that momentum for 10 years but the football landscape would be alot different if 2k was allowed to continue making an NFL game. The 2k series was ahead of it's time and is still relevant as many aspects from the series are still pined for by football gamers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2014, 04:02 PM   #76
Pro

bxphenom7's Arena

OVR: 9

******** async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8">
Old 07-20-2014, 04:04 PM   #77
Pro

bxphenom7's Arena

I really hate when people say you overrate a game because of hate towards a company. That's bull, EA gave us MVP Baseball and Madden 2005 was a good game as well. NFL 2k5 was a game way ahead of its time and that's that.
Old 07-20-2014, 08:43 PM   #78
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gman 18
I never really thought about it that way, but you do make a good point. If 2k was really that confident in their game, im sure they would have continued putting out fully- customizable football games, even without the liscense. Im sure they would have done well, due to the success of nfl 2k5, but maybe 2k thought it wasnt worth it because they didnt have the nfl liscense and although the sim fans would probably buy the generic, fully customizable game, most casual fans would probably step away from 2k and buy madden for the reason that it has the Nfl liscense.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk
Can't compare to PES. PES is soccer, and that's selling to a huge international fanbase. There is no such huge fanbase for American Football outside of the United States.
Old 07-21-2014, 06:39 AM   #79
Banned

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by bxphenom7
I really hope 2k has a CFL game in the works. I'm not Canadian but CFL is the second most popular professional sports league in Canada so it would be a sound investment there. 2k's name and past work on titles like NFL 2k5 and APF 2k8 would pull in American gamers too, especially if received well critically, which shouldn't at all be an issue if it's a fully featured game. Even though the CFL has 9 teams, a cool expansion feature would be nice where you can add teams you either created or from Junior football leagues in Canada that hopefully would be in the game. I don't even care for the amount of teams, the gameplay would be stellar I'm positive on new hardware.
I've thought the same thing. It would be a great game and would create a larger audience for the CFL.

It's essentially the same game with relatively unknown (outside of Canada) players.
Getting permission to use the logos, players' names and likeliness, etc shouldn't be too expensive in my opinion.

Can you imagine CFL 2K!?
Old 07-21-2014, 10:33 AM   #80
Pro

bxphenom7's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Segagendude
I've thought the same thing. It would be a great game and would create a larger audience for the CFL.

It's essentially the same game with relatively unknown (outside of Canada) players.
Getting permission to use the logos, players' names and likeliness, etc shouldn't be too expensive in my opinion.

Can you imagine CFL 2K!?
Haha it all sounds great. I definitely think it would be a great chance for the CFL to advertise itself, especially in the US. Just great marketing with a great game

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »