Home

Official ESPN NFL Football 2K4 Sliders Discussion

This is a discussion on Official ESPN NFL Football 2K4 Sliders Discussion within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-09-2003, 02:10 PM   #401
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Official ESPN Football Sliders Discussion

I am playin on Normal speed and I think I am sticking with the Normal.

For Sub% I think I am gonna try 45-out|100-in. There is a diffence of 55 between the default 30-out|85-in but they rarely get that low. You also need a big gap between out|in in order to get good carries for you backup because the regain there energy so fast.

That is what I think the main problem with the fatigue is. It's not that the players don't get tired, it's that they get their juice back waaaaaaaay to fast.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2003, 02:26 PM   #402
MVP

OVR: 12

Great work Nolefan

I just changed some things around to pick the running game up a bit.

For both HUMAN and CPU
Blocking - 20
Passing - 10
Running - 10
Catching - 10
Coverage - 30
Pursuit - 20
Tackling - 30
Kicking - 0
Fatigue - 0

I dropped Pursuit down and upped Blocking to the All-Pro(20) level and it does help out the running games. You still get shut down when playing against a tough run D(last game against Seattle Famous Amos was held in check 20c-49yds) It also gives the CPU runners some more room to make plays(E.George is one tough MOFO).

Also use Adam 31's penalty sliders , but I turned down the Pass Interference a few notches(too many calls for me anyways).

Speed is at Normal, quarters are at 10 mins(110-130 plays a game for both sides), and I sim at 3 mins(sometimes switch to 4). I also find that starters recover quickly at 50-80 setting(usually 1 play and their back in), so I might drop it to 30-80 so the backups can stay a bit more(yet I know the starters will be there longer before tiring)...again, personal preference.

Again, great job by all. Nolefan's sliders are great as is, or you can just tweak a few things to your liking.

Old 09-09-2003, 03:30 PM   #403
Pro

OVR: 10

Do you find that simming at 3 or 4 minutes gives you realistic stats (pass attempts, carries, yards)

Seems weird they would make it like that, but I guess whatever works.
Old 09-09-2003, 03:34 PM   #404
Banned

OVR: 5

THE FUTURE.....I dont see you online anymore....JUST STOP DUCKINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG......By the way your sliders are good
Old 09-09-2003, 03:52 PM   #405
MVP

OVR: 17

I just wanted to add something about the sub-in sub out percentage.

You guys need to do yourselves a favor a look at some boxscores this past week in the NFL.

Let's say you're Denver and you see #2 RB get 7-10 runs a game. That's not all that realistic. Something I appreciate in Madden is the focus on the running back. There are coaches slider about how they are going to run the ball. Sometimes it's run by committee other times it's one guy all the time.

If you are pittsburg Bettis isn't going to be a 30 carry a game horse like he used too. If most of the games this past weekend if the #1 back wasn't injured get got 90 percent of the carries for the RB. Now teams like TB or others that might change. One thing that the game does right it have running plays for those players. So in Denver Mike Anderson is going to get the ball even though Portis is on the field.

Something to think about. Don't assume that backups get a lot of carries in the game. The stats seem to say something different.

A good rule of thumb is if your #2 guys is getting more than 10 carries a game and you have one of the best RBs in the league your sub sliders could be better.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2003, 04:15 PM   #406
Rookie

OVR: 3

Nolefan,

how many minute quarters do you play, and do you start with all pro when you adjust the sliders or does it matter? thanks for posting you sliders here. i am going to try them out tongiht.

thanks,
bobby
Old 09-09-2003, 04:46 PM   #407
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

I play 10-minute quarters bobby.
Old 09-09-2003, 05:20 PM   #408
Rookie

OVR: 1

I tend to agree with a couple other posts here suggesting that Nolfan's sliders don't give the QB quite enough time in the pocket. I came to this conclusion after playing the game all day today at work with his sliders intact. All of the games were very tight, and they even got praise from the Madden die-hards, but we all agreed the QB needs another second, maybe two to get the passes off properly.

So how would you best go about doing this without disturbing the great balance already in place? I was considering lowering the persuit by a tick, then increase blocking by a tick. Has anyone tried this method out yet, how's it work? I was also considering upping the blocking by two, but am afraid doing that will make running too easy. Conversely, I'm afraid that lowering the persuit two ticks will also make the running too easy.

Anyone have any ideas regarding this matter?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »