Home

NFL 2k5 PC Editor Bugs/Comments/Requests Thread

This is a discussion on NFL 2k5 PC Editor Bugs/Comments/Requests Thread within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 05-21-2008, 04:21 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: NFL 2k5 PC Editor Bugs/Comments/Requests Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by dophin26
It was and Finn said if someone could supply the formula that calculates the rating, he would add it.

What about if we made up our own formula that rates the players in the editor so we can compare them, or is having the exact rating the game gives the only option for people?
Makes sense. I agree that it probably wouldn't be that difficult coming up with a custom weighted formula for each position that would provide a fairly accurate player rating. It wouldn't have to be the exact rating for me personally.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-21-2008, 06:48 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 3

I'd like to see an automatic PBP update feature.

The feature would go through each player in the save, first looking for a full name PBP match (assign it if it exists), then if a full name match did not exist it would look for a last name only PBP match (and assign it of course), if no matching last name was found, it would use jersey number for the PBP.
Old 05-21-2008, 11:47 PM   #27
Banned

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingFinn
The player grid can not be turned off as it drives the entire application. Kinda like having an Xcel workbook that hides the spreadsheets. Why would you want to hide the player grid?
Quote:
Originally Posted by puja21
ya, i dont understand this either... are you talking about hiding some of the info (ie photo, PBP etc) that was causing the bounds error problem for you from editing those lists. if so, you can remove that info from the player grid already by checking the little boxes in the top left of the grid... you can actually select any specific information you want to hide or reveal in the player grid
Puja hit the nail right on the head. If I hide the grid(s), will my edited name and photo index's work without any problems?

There's a second reason why I dont like the grid. There seems to be a delay when I double click a player or scroll from the left to the right or vice versa.

Oh well. Anyway, here's another request -

Any chance of having the ability to type in a player's college? I have noticed that some colleges in the default roster dont exist in the final roster and vice versa. I'm guessing that there's no chance of this happening since I would think that typing in a new college would require some save space of some kind but if you can look into it whenever you get a chance, I would appreciate it.
Old 05-21-2008, 11:51 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 3

Finn

Is it possible to use a Players first name as a pbp name for his last name?

and will we ever get the ability to edit/update career stats for players?

thanks

Last edited by The Bringer; 05-21-2008 at 11:54 PM.
Old 05-22-2008, 12:39 AM   #29
Banned

I dont know if this is the correct topic but was someone having a problem with Roy Attieh not staying in the PBP and Photo options in the editor?

If so, I had the problem with Dave Yovanovits. I edited C Dave Wohlabaugh into Yovanovits but it went back to Wohlabaugh after I clicked "accept". I noticed that it went back when I put him on the Jets for my 2K5 roster. I then put Yovanovits on OG Travis Claridge and the same thing happened.

I realized that it was the PBP and Photo index for Yovanovits. I deleted him from the index and saved them. I then went back into the PBP and Photo index and added him back by typing in his name instead of copying and pasting.

After doing that, I fixed Yovanovits in the editor and then saved. I checked it in-game and sure enough, it was Yovanovits.

Basically, if that happens again, just delete the player from the PBP and Photo index and save both files. Then, go back into them and type in the player you deleted. The problem should be fixed.
Old 05-22-2008, 12:49 AM   #30
MVP

OVR: 14

Would the ability to edit substitutions by package or formation be possible, because you can get alot of grief doing it in-game and sometimes to no avail.
Old 05-22-2008, 12:51 AM   #31
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733
I dont know if this is the correct topic but was someone having a problem with Roy Attieh not staying in the PBP and Photo options in the editor?

If so, I had the problem with Dave Yovanovits. I edited C Dave Wohlabaugh into Yovanovits but it went back to Wohlabaugh after I clicked "accept". I noticed that it went back when I put him on the Jets for my 2K5 roster. I then put Yovanovits on OG Travis Claridge and the same thing happened.

I realized that it was the PBP and Photo index for Yovanovits. I deleted him from the index and saved them. I then went back into the PBP and Photo index and added him back by typing in his name instead of copying and pasting.

After doing that, I fixed Yovanovits in the editor and then saved. I checked it in-game and sure enough, it was Yovanovits.

Basically, if that happens again, just delete the player from the PBP and Photo index and save both files. Then, go back into them and type in the player you deleted. The problem should be fixed.

Yeah that was me that had the problem, it came down to having an extra space behind his name. Which caused the name to be skipped, i simply deleted the space behind his name and it was fixed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2008, 12:01 AM   #32
Banned

Here's another request -

Any chance of us being able to edit the team's overall rating? For example, in my 2k5 roster, I have the Ravens offense at 75 and their defense at 90. It's at 86 overall and im trying to get it at 85 but it doesnt want to go my way.

Any possibility of being able to edit the overall rating? Thanks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »