Home

Unbelievable

This is a discussion on Unbelievable within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-13-2007, 02:13 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 25
Re: Unbelievable

Quote:
Originally Posted by drae2
Remember, don't kill the messenger. Peace.
You started this war, prepare to die.

Old 02-13-2007, 02:17 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkwon0709
signature styles that if u go to the NBA 2K7 forums, theres probably 3 hot threads on people complaining about missing wide open shots beause melo's and Lebron's so called "signature" styles ,make u miss shots that shouldnt be.
There is nothing wrong with sig shots. People just need to that every player shoots differently and therefore has a different release point. Also if they are missing that many shots then just edit the sliders or attributes. I have had no problems with any of the sig shots, and it adds an amazing depth of realism to the game. Thats the last I talk of NBA 2K7, as this is an APF thread.
Old 02-13-2007, 02:17 PM   #19
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
And finally, the third person that hates Madden now is the former 2k# players who are most likley still bitter about the NFL License being taken by EA and are unwilling to accept any progress made under the exclusive deal. I can fully understand their position but I do not agree with it. Quite simply put, I think that most of these players would find stuff wrong with a Madden next-gen game that did excellent in the ratings. And don't say you wouldn't, because last season you tore apart a Madden PS2/Xbox game that scored very high in the ratings. Therefore, nothing that EA does will ever make this group happy, period.

^^^
want to admit it or not it is the truth. Everyone gripes about no improvement but what has 2k done in there games for great improvement. I dont see CH 2K7 or NBA 2k7, or even NHL 2K7 making any huge leaps or strides in improvement. And i dont see all-pro 2k8 coming out and blowing people out of the water. Sure it will be a decent, playable game, but yet so is madden. If you say it isnt your just an ignorant fool, hwo would it be not playable when millions play. I'm pretty sure if u go online in madden theres still 100's online at a time.

so everyone come at me now because god forbid i give EA some credit and say something that doesnt put 2K as the greatest gaming company to ever grace gods green earth.
You either haven't played the game or you're blind.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Old 02-13-2007, 02:22 PM   #20
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by djordan
here is my response I posted on MM
That was a good post

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Old 02-13-2007, 02:23 PM   #21
The Man!

sroz39's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
signature styles that if u go to the NBA 2K7 forums, theres probably 3 hot threads on people complaining about missing wide open shots beause melo's and Lebron's so called "signature" styles ,make u miss shots that shouldnt be.

Also stats dont lie, people go off on madden being unplayable, ive seen plenty of it, how can u not attribute playablility to the amount of people playing, obviously if it wasnt playable people would not be playing, its all in the stats my man.

Sure it didnt live up to the Next-Gen expectations, but then again, neither did half of the games that came out for next-gen. Its hard to know the ability when u never have tested the waters.
1) Any sig shot I've had a problem with, I take that player into a Practice Mode session and find when his "Perfect Release" is and my problem is solved. The problem you speak of is something else entirely, tied into the misuse of Clutch Factor in the game that doesn't allow some of the premier players to make open shots consistently until the 4th quarter. A simple "OFF" in the options solves that problem.

2) I think you're confusing unplayable with "not fun". Which NG Madden certainly is not fun.

3) Is every game released going to knock your socks off? I would argue that for every Madden and MLB 2K6, there's a Fight Night or NHL 07 that truly shows what next gen gaming is capable of. In the first two examples, I would argue exclusve contracts ruined the chances of those games being "good".
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-13-2007, 02:29 PM   #22
MVP

jrivera34's Arena

OVR: 10

I see nothing wrong with this article and I consider myself a big time 2K fan. I even bought the NHL game and I don't know a thing about hockey.

There are many 2K fans who don't even give Madden a chance and just blast it like the EA fans blast 2K. I bought the game, didn't like it and sold it. But I did give it a few months on the 360. I remember reading several thread where people bought the game and returned it or solid it within a week. You can't get a true feel for a game within a week.

All that being said, now that 2K football is back, I will now longer try Madden because after trying next gen versions 1 and 2, I know what to expect for the next few years. Unless 2K8 is mess that is, but I highly doubt that.
Old 02-13-2007, 02:36 PM   #23
MVP

jpup's Arena

OVR: 31

The game is horrible, we know it, move on.
Old 02-13-2007, 02:37 PM   #24
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpup
The game is horrible, we know it, move on.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »