Home

eFootball PES 2020 Impressions

This is a discussion on eFootball PES 2020 Impressions within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-14-2019, 04:33 AM   #65
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: eFootball PES 2020 Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by ty5oke
Anyone playing PC version or played both console/pc demo's? Is there any difference this year in quality. Trying to decide to go PS4 or PC. Online always seems dead on PC to me.
I played demos on both systems and found the PS4 version to be much better personally. Much better weight on players / ball.

The lighting is also vastly better if you have HDR.

I bought the PS4 version as a result, even though the PC can get better mods.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2019, 08:52 AM   #66
Pro

The commentary is ATROCIOUSLY bad.

I hit the cross bar and they just kept on talking about the same old story about a new season starting.......they rarely react and the lines are so out of date.

Gameplay = stellar.

The rest = amateur hour. Konami should be embarrassed at how bad the commentary is.
Old 09-14-2019, 09:33 AM   #67
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walt Frazier
The commentary is ATROCIOUSLY bad.

I hit the cross bar and they just kept on talking about the same old story about a new season starting.......they rarely react and the lines are so out of date.

Gameplay = stellar.

The rest = amateur hour. Konami should be embarrassed at how bad the commentary is.
It really is lol I can't stand Drury screaming names everytime player takes a shot. I don't even play on English commentary anymore the other languages are a little bit better. Just wish NA had access to Italian, Dutch and German commentary.

Last edited by RoyceDa59; 09-14-2019 at 09:36 AM.
Old 09-14-2019, 02:14 PM   #68
MVP

slthree's Arena

OVR: 15

Interesting!

Third game of group play (International cup) and I'm Belgium with six points, so the outcome doesn't matter to me

Paraguay, on the other hand, need at least a tie to go through.

I'm up 1-0 and then the second half I can feel Paraguay getting more aggressive and I'm fouled 4-6 times in the second half alone after only being fouled once in the first half

One of those fouls was this: (ugh. I've tried to insert my video here for several times and I keep getting invalid file)

Nevermind! This was supposed to be a video of a Paraguay player violently elbowing Mertens in the face, which drew a yellow card. Should have been Red!

EDIT: I love the commentary! It's not MLB the show, but I still love it

Last edited by slthree; 09-14-2019 at 02:20 PM.
Old 09-14-2019, 02:24 PM   #69

dubcity's Arena

OVR: 2

When the CPU bumps up to red aggressiveness they will slide tackle the **** out of you, especially if you start messing around with finesse dribbling.

Speaking of that, free kicks in front of the box are still too OP.

And, has to be said, a lot of the celebrations in this game are super cringe.
Old 09-14-2019, 07:20 PM   #70
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubcity
When the CPU bumps up to red aggressiveness they will slide tackle the **** out of you, especially if you start messing around with finesse dribbling.

Speaking of that, free kicks in front of the box are still too OP.

And, has to be said, a lot of the celebrations in this game are super cringe.
Yeah agree, the golf put, rap with the microphones and the row your boat celebrations have got to go....cringey AF
Old 09-15-2019, 11:18 AM   #71
MVP

Turbojugend's Arena

Yeah, as awesome as PES's gameplay is (and it is awesome), watching Becks "row the boat" pulls me out of it every single time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2019, 06:15 AM   #72
MVP

lareka's Arena

So i jumped into the new year, transfer season with my ML season with Fenerbahce, i played 18 games in total including cup games in top player difficulty, here are my updated and detailed impressions for everyone.

So let's start by off the field because on the field there are lots of things to talk about;

- Press conferences are only before derby games, before the season or etc., they are very rare and only with 1 question, so it's not a worthy addition to the game but it's okay to have it.

- You no longer get the PAUSE screen for players of the month or other notifications, after the games, you are on your ML menu immediately, you have to navigate in sub-menus that are highlighted for specific events or notifications to figure out what happened - injuries, players of the week, manager offers and etc. and etc. I think it's a welcome change.

-Transfer system is renewed although i see some complaints here, people it won't ever be like FOOTBALL MANAGER, so there will be stupid moves & offers, as long as it's not extreme you gotta accept it - it's a game. But transfer system is renewed, there are some good additions;

1- I adjusted the transfer difficulty to fairly hard and it's very very hard to get good players to your team, most of them will snub you ! Signing a player is a real success with that setting, I honestly recommend you to try it.

2- You no longer know how much % wise it's possible to sign or sell the player, it's not shown, it's a mystery like real football. Great !

3- You can no longer continue the negotiations for a player after it's rejected. Which is a bad thing because you can't increase your offer, it gets cancelled if it's rejected and you have to wait 1 more week to come up with a new offer.

4- Selling your own players are fairly easy like it was in pes 2019 and you can sell them for good numbers.

5- Transfer market values are corrected, they are quite high just like in real life. If you try to go for Harry Kane, he is valued as 169 million euros, but in 2019 it was like 60 or 70 million. They definitely adjusted the numbers in the market, you can no longer build a great team with 100 million, you can only sign 1-2 players who are better than 83 overall.

6- New position training to any player is not still possible in PES which is disappointed, i'd have loved to see that, i hope they do that in future.

7- Injuries are spot-on, not so often, not so rare, depending on how much fatigued players you play and how much you force them on the field. If you protect them with rotations and substitutions when they are tired they rarely get injured.

8 - Players demand new contracts, a good thing again.

9- Even though you pay release fees of a lot of players, it's hard to sign them, they even have some worries like :"not sure of playing possibilities" if you especially have a lot of alternatives at the position in your current squad. This is another good thing that i liked.

ON-FIELD UPDATED IMPRESSIONS:

1- I play in Turkish league and most teams play all out defense and it's a headache to break the defense down, they sit between their penalty area and center field, so it's basically 9-10 players defending a 40 meter area ! Which is again realistic because inferior teams mostly play like that in Turkey. They play long ball, counter-attack and it's replicated in the game. But it's really hard to break down the defense in this PES game, defending is very easy for me but breaking down a defense is very hard- i tried a lot of formations and strategies, still- hard to do .

2- Use Sprint button AS FEW AS POSSIBLE. If you use it often: A- it gets your player out of control, you can lose the ball easily, can't go right or left as quickly as you were able to in previous PES in turbo speed, B-your passes when sprinting are out of target more often than not-sprinting. C-Hard to turn right and left and get past your opponent when they close down on you.

3- I tried counter attack & possession game, i tried long pass- short pass, wide- center organizations, i tried all out defense and pressing, i put the defensive line close to the center pitch but i can tell you IT DOESN'T MAKE MUCH OF A DIFFERENCE. Even though you put pressing on and aggressive pressing on, your AI teammates won't go for the ball to when their defenders are passsing, you have to manually run towards them or run press button for them to press. Even if you tactically set it up, they don't press without you commanding. Same for CPU, they don't press on my defenders, they usually start pressing on the midfield. Maybe that can be fixed with a patch, because playing high on the pitch with pressing or waiting on your pitch for the ball to be won doesn't matter much, you gotta manually press if you want to put pressure on opponents on either tactic.

4- Crosses are excellent. EXCELLENT ! It's very hard, angles are very important, strong foot is very important when crossing and your momentum is very important. I've seen a lot of crosses go directly to the goalkeeper or out of the field...

5- AI defenders - in your team and in CPU's team do not miss their marker, they did a phenomenal job in this iteration of pes, they don't lose strikers with a through ball, so you can't score easily and you won't conceede easily. It's a complete midfield battle this time, no easy way to score.

6- 10 min. game time is definitely not enough, build ups take very long time and in this game both teams can find only a few scoring chances so you gotta get it up. I play 12 mins. now, i tried 15. 15 was a bit tad too long for me but 10 minutes are not enough. You can find it yourself for which one suits you more. For me, if I can shoot at least 7-8 shots per game in the game i'd take it. I can increase game time to 13 or 14 mins. later on but 10 is not enough.

7- Fouls are bit toned down, I've seen some clipping from either my players or CPU players that are not called. OR when I switch direction with a player with sprint button, the CPU defender gets in front of me immediately and takes the ball from my feet, it happens with wingers when i try to cut inside as if they knew i was going there. You'll understand what i mean if you play the game.

8- Finesse dribbling didn't work for me, it's too slow and not practical, i don't use it.

9- Goalkeepers are very fine, excellent if you ask me, they don't make any critical mistakes like in the past.

10- CPU plays with diverse attacking styles, they have 0 CHEESE on TOP PLAYER.

11- Fouls are increased in derby games, CPU in general attempts a lot of sliding tackles, in PES 17,18,19 and etc. i don't remember them having that many sliding tackles which is again positive.

12- DERBY games ML cheese is OVER. No longer CPU plays 3 times better than they are in derby games like again in Pes 17-18-19. In derby games they play more aggressive and that's it.

13- I don't know if it's the same for you but I beat stronger teams more easily than inferior teams, it's because teams that defend with a lot of players are hard to break down but teams that come at you give you space on their defense for you to capitalise.

14- Missed kicks, if you press the button early on a cross or a low pass to shoot immediately you can misskick the ball. Loved to see that !

15- Strong foot is VERY important in shots, even with a great angle to score if your player is a dominant right footed player who very rarely uses left, shoot that ball with power, it goes way out, not in.

16- I loved the addition of intentional fouling.

17- The cards are shown correctly by the refs. The refs are good, i just see some problems while you get past your opponent with movement and they get it back with small clipping or shoulder charge, some of those could be called for foul, that's my only complaint about the refs.

18- They should implement a feature to be able to change uniforms in half-time break.

Overall I LOVE the game, it's not easy, fast or goal-fest as it used to be but if you look for a true football simulation, PES 2020 will satisfy your expectations with a great gameplay and a very few small negative parts which is an excellent sign for a football game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »