Home

eFootball PES 2020 Impressions

This is a discussion on eFootball PES 2020 Impressions within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-13-2019, 11:55 AM   #49
MVP

sva91's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: eFootball PES 2020 Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumbonote
Nobody is talking about how huge and out of scale the field is compared to the players. It is way too wide, particularly for generic stadiums....this leads to huge gaps in midfield and too much space all through the field....this is not how modern football is played any longer, maybe in the 60's or 70's, but not now. This alone is a deal breaker for me

I think this might be your perception after playing fifa. Fifa has some odd dimensions.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 09-13-2019, 12:34 PM   #50
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zac
Yeah, most contracts are wrong like that for new signings on all teams. And it sounds like dude only checked one loan player and decided they were all correct. Here are real life loans that are not set correctly in game, and the players are listed as being owed by that team and not on loan. As in you wont find them on their correct team and being listed as loan. They are on the team they are loaned to, but listed as their player. And you can loan them or buy them with another club.

Wilson at Bournmouth from Liverpool

Giovani lo Celso at Spurs from Real Betis

Mings at Aston Villa from Bournemouth
Dafoe at Rangers from Bournemouth
Mkhitaryan at Roma from Arsenal
Saliba at Saint Etienne from Arsenal
Ejaria at Reading from Liverpool
Millar at Kilmanark from Liverpool
Grabara at AGF from Liverpool

I could keep going but I stopped looking last night after getting extremely disappointed from those. I imagine 90% of all loans/roster places are wrong as per the Konami usual not giving a ****.
This is disappointing especially with them labeling Master League being "Remastered". I was excited about them possibly getting this right because I haven't played ML in PES in years due to them neglecting the modern transfer market and basic career mode features. Gameplay is pretty solid this year but Konami continues to disappoint in every other area.
Old 09-13-2019, 01:48 PM   #51

dubcity's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sva91
I think this might be your perception after playing fifa. Fifa has some odd dimensions.

Eh, I've heard plenty of people point out that the pitch in PES is bigger, or the players are smaller, one or the other. It's more in comparison to PES vs real life football on TV. Teams and players are just more compact in real life.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2019, 02:13 PM   #52
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubcity
Eh, I've heard plenty of people point out that the pitch in PES is bigger, or the players are smaller, one or the other. It's more in comparison to PES vs real life football on TV. Teams and players are just more compact in real life.
So true. And the camera you choose to use also makes a difference in how compact the pitch "looks".
Old 09-13-2019, 03:25 PM   #53
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zac
Yeah, most contracts are wrong like that for new signings on all teams. And it sounds like dude only checked one loan player and decided they were all correct. Here are real life loans that are not set correctly in game, and the players are listed as being owed by that team and not on loan. As in you wont find them on their correct team and being listed as loan. They are on the team they are loaned to, but listed as their player. And you can loan them or buy them with another club.

Wilson at Bournmouth from Liverpool

Giovani lo Celso at Spurs from Real Betis

Mings at Aston Villa from Bournemouth
Dafoe at Rangers from Bournemouth
Mkhitaryan at Roma from Arsenal
Saliba at Saint Etienne from Arsenal
Ejaria at Reading from Liverpool
Millar at Kilmanark from Liverpool
Grabara at AGF from Liverpool

I could keep going but I stopped looking last night after getting extremely disappointed from those. I imagine 90% of all loans/roster places are wrong as per the Konami usual not giving a ****.
Yeah I noticed that Saliba was sold by St. Etienne in my test ML and Morata was still on loan at Atletico where as they made him permanent IRL.

Half of Chelsea's loan army isn't there either I didn't check the squads they were loaned out to see if they were at least in the game.

Shocking but hardly suprising
Old 09-13-2019, 05:00 PM   #54
MVP

slthree's Arena

OVR: 15

The last time I felt this way about PES was when it was International Superstar Soccer. And, if you know the history oh, you will know that is a very good thing.

This is the best footy I've played in the last several years. Normally, the first thing I do is drop the game speed minus one or even minus 2. I haven't touched the game speed yet. It feels that good, and many of the reviewers who were former soccer players and follow these games, highlight that the speed of the game, even on default, feels right.

One thing that bothered me in the past is when you are in a group, let's say for a world cup tournament, even the far inferior teams in your group put up a fantastic fight. They were way too good, played way over their heads.

I'm happy to say that is totally gone. if you play a world cup tournament and you select, like I did, Belgium, you can be sure you will dominate teams like Cypress, as expected.

While I still feel like there could be more fouls, I was pleased to have Hazard fouled hard by the CPU, drawing a yellow card. It seems like they have toned down the fouls from the demo and I would like to see more fouls.

I don't post as often as I used to years ago and I don't like to make buying decisions for other people but if somebody is on the fence, they need to buy this game. The demo did not do it justice even though the demo was good
Old 09-13-2019, 06:29 PM   #55
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by sva91

Go to YouTube and type in any premier league game highlights (realife, for a refresher) and you will see that the game in real life is allot more compact. In PES, the huge field negates this, and although you may setup a compact tactic, there is acres of space either in midfield, or on the flanks. FIFA actually has the scale correct if you play at Stamford Bridge with broadcast camera, and then YouTube a Chelsea match at Stamford Bridge.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2019, 06:34 PM   #56
Rookie

OVR: 0

Does anybody find that the style of gameplay and atmospher in PES suits certain leagues and not others. I find PES master league works great and feels like the real deal with the Italian Serie A, and to some extent La Liga. I however feel it doesn't work at all with the English Premier League....style of gameplay, the stadia, and general atmosphere is a total mismatch. I just can't get into playing the Premiere League on master league with PES as it feels as though it lacks in many ways l (although it's the league I'm most interested in) but the other two leagues feel allot more authentic.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »