Home

PES 2019 Data Pack 2.0 Arrives on October 25 - Full Details Here

This is a discussion on PES 2019 Data Pack 2.0 Arrives on October 25 - Full Details Here within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-26-2018, 03:32 PM   #33

dubcity's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: PES 2019 Data Pack 2.0 Arrives on October 25 - Full Details Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonIsGod
I believe the Brazil team has always been fake.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyJ1976
Yes, the Brazilian NT was fake at launch. It has something to do with Brazil because it's fake in FIFA as well.
Weird. I must have loaded an option file before checking that roster earlier on. I wonder what the deal with that team is.
Old 10-27-2018, 02:44 AM   #34
MVP

lareka's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadak
Same here, started playing RDR2 so only briefly tested PES but its very nice to see its getting better with the patch!
The opposite for me. RDR2 was sitting there waiting for me but I went with patch update. Will try RDR2 on the weekend, lol
Old 10-27-2018, 08:29 AM   #35
Rookie

Cash Stevens's Arena

the ai is so ridiculous...

after every goal takes a miracle to stop them scoring...

just went up 3-2 in the 86th minute.. set the team to defensive.

I clear the ball for a goal kick. their keeper kicked it halfway down the pitch to their left winger, he one touches a through ball to an open striker for a thunderbolt in the top corner lmaoo such bull****

scripting is unreal

at least the AI attack in different ways.. but yeah, every game is a goal fest. if you score they score.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2018, 09:29 AM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 1

I was ready to sell the game but I'm glad I waited for the patch.
It certainly addresses a few issues and makes the game more enjoyable.

After playing the pre-patch version for a while and then FIFA 19 for a month, I have come to the conclusion that the only way to enjoy and be successful at this game is to exert patience and learn good positioning. Instead of tackling with your defenders, I now play positional football with my midfielders and only tackle with my midfielders and leave the defenders for the AI to control.

If you position your defence correctly, put the defender (or midfielder) between striker and goal and not rush into challenges then you have a chance. However if you take control of your CB with the aim to put pressure, more often than not the CPU will burn you and play a one-two or simply pivot around your man.

I actually decided to switch to the "fan" camera which is really zoomed out with the objective to get a better view of the pitch. This aids playing positional football and getting a better understanding of which player to control. Using this camera I was able to score quire a few gaols and win quite a few games, purely because I was able to close the spaces and clog the passing lanes better.

I also decided to use full manual controls as even Level 1 assistance was too assisted and the passes were all to feet, whereas now I can pass into space. To compensate, I lowered the difficulty level to Professional. This combination seems to be working well for me right now. In my last game Napoli (me) vs. Roma (CPU), the stats were completely balanced, with a good number of shots on goals, interceptions and pass completion %. In a 20 minute game there were 10 shots each (5 on target each), with 280 passes made.

Of course it's not all good. Counter attacks are still mostly frustrating. I can't understand why my forwards lack a sense of urgency and speed when I am on the break. They just jog and some of them even stay back.

The other point of frustration is how sometimes the CPU will score a goal no matter how well I am positioned and no matter what I do. It's just a bit unrealistic to see that they get possession of the ball even though my defender is right there to intercept the ball.

But overall a good patch, which makes this a better game for sure.
Old 10-27-2018, 01:36 PM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 8

All I can say is well done Konami, this game rivals MLB The SHow for sports game of the year in its ability to produce a realistic play and provide a fair challenge and fun.
Old 10-28-2018, 03:11 PM   #38
Rookie

Gnemi's Arena

OVR: 7

Sorry to ask this if the answer is known by most, but do I need to start a new ML or BAL to see the updates in terms of AI / gameplay?
Old 10-28-2018, 04:24 PM   #39
Rookie

Cash Stevens's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cash Stevens
the ai is so ridiculous...

after every goal takes a miracle to stop them scoring...

just went up 3-2 in the 86th minute.. set the team to defensive.

I clear the ball for a goal kick. their keeper kicked it halfway down the pitch to their left winger, he one touches a through ball to an open striker for a thunderbolt in the top corner lmaoo such bull****

scripting is unreal

at least the AI attack in different ways.. but yeah, every game is a goal fest. if you score they score.
I overreacted... the game is amazing lol
Old 10-28-2018, 04:47 PM   #40
MVP

sva91's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cash Stevens
I overreacted... the game is amazing lol

I’m so happy with this year’s game. Playing full manual, it’s just so organic. I have to play at least 12 min games because the build up play is so realistic and methodical, It’s hard to create chances playing 5-10 min games.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »