Home

PES 2018 Full Game Impressions

This is a discussion on PES 2018 Full Game Impressions within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-11-2017, 09:45 AM   #41
Gaming Fool.

PAPERNUT's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: PES 2018 Full Game Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by wkhalil
I hear about the fouls issues from others too but I don't know man. I get quite a few fouls every game. Maybe it's my style of play or somthing
No doubt style of play can effect it some, but there are also times when the AI will foul with no calls from the ref, so it is certainly an issue as well. Good thing is the reviews are coming in and I am already seeing mention of the lack of fouls in a few of them. Even the @officialpes account has come out and mentioned it as an issue they are working on, so hopefully more feedback will fast track a fix for this rather than waiting a few months.
Twitter
YouTube
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2017, 12:01 PM   #42
Rookie

Ball_Bag's Arena

OVR: 2

Seriously? They haven't addressed the (lack of) fouls?
It's only been what, 3 years and running now? Un****ing believable!

I don't want to hear about an upcoming patch or what "style" you play. This is inexcusable. I was sooo looking forward to making the purchase on Steam as soon as it was available. Absolute game killer. I'll take my chances with Football Manager 2018.
Old 09-11-2017, 12:21 PM   #43
MVP

OVR: 7

While I do think FIFA has more fouls, I don't remember noticing a lack of fouls in last year's PES game. I don't know what the real life avg fouls per game is, but I never felt like there was a complete lack of fouls (Both carded and not carded). I even remember having a suspension or two.

Thanks for the impressions posted so far. I am still hyped for the game and cannot wait to pick it up (hopefully) tomorrow.
Old 09-11-2017, 01:09 PM   #44
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY4Life
While I do think FIFA has more fouls, I don't remember noticing a lack of fouls in last year's PES game. I don't know what the real life avg fouls per game is, but I never felt like there was a complete lack of fouls (Both carded and not carded). I even remember having a suspension or two.

Thanks for the impressions posted so far. I am still hyped for the game and cannot wait to pick it up (hopefully) tomorrow.

Yeah I didn't think the fouls in 2017 were that bad apart from in the 18.

You had to pretty much get shot to draw a penalty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-11-2017, 01:20 PM   #45
Rookie

OVR: 0

Yes, I still play pes17, and there are PLENTY of fouls, yellow and red cards. But I have also edited player stats heavily in my option file, so I admit this could be a factor. Not many penalties though, but I can live with that given how bad the penalty can look (ball has almost no power, keepers reaching for a top corner look silly).

Pes17 has it's fair share of flaws of course, it's a game that I can enjoy immensely for a couple of hours before the game throws a few really bad matches your way. But unfortunately pes18 looks much less convincing to me and it's not just the lack of fouls. (Passing too easy, it looks like ping pong much more than 17 did, no midfield whatsoever, etc).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2017, 03:10 PM   #46
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honome
Wow! Finally!!!!! That's great! Play a full ML with only day games make the game much better, night games graphics are always much worse.
Wow great to hear!
Old 09-11-2017, 05:43 PM   #47
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisx
Yes, I still play pes17, and there are PLENTY of fouls, yellow and red cards. But I have also edited player stats heavily in my option file, so I admit this could be a factor. Not many penalties though, but I can live with that given how bad the penalty can look (ball has almost no power, keepers reaching for a top corner look silly).

Pes17 has it's fair share of flaws of course, it's a game that I can enjoy immensely for a couple of hours before the game throws a few really bad matches your way. But unfortunately pes18 looks much less convincing to me and it's not just the lack of fouls. (Passing too easy, it looks like ping pong much more than 17 did, no midfield whatsoever, etc).
maybe you could try manual to solve this problem. I think that PES 2018 is a much better game than PES 2017 in every aspect. I have noticed the space in the mid field though but I hope they either fix it in the full game or changing team tactics will
Old 09-11-2017, 09:34 PM   #48
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65

Just got it for Xbox one

First. I loved the demo on Xbox one. Compared to what I played in ps4 pro last year with pes 2017 the most apparent smack in the face "omg I'm so happy with thi!" Moment for me has been the animations of pes 2018

The game is crazily organic. This is the chess match that soccer can be brought into a video game to life

High praise from a long time pes player

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »