Home

PES 2018 Full Game Impressions

This is a discussion on PES 2018 Full Game Impressions within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-13-2017, 11:32 AM   #73
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: PES 2018 Full Game Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by winston
Yeah, I'm very disappointed with the way the cpu plays - perfect ping-pong football at times, no matter what the team level or player stats.

And the defensive AI of you team-mates is hopeless. They never mark anyone, no matter the instructions. As per the past 10 years of this game, the cpu always has their striker standing on the half-way line in acres of space waiting for a pass, which of course always goes straight to him and he controls perfectly 100% of the time, and your defenders just stand there giving him the space and back off as the ball comes towards him. No urgency in your team-mates at all. Pathetic really.

The AI feels worse than PES 2017 - so much team-mate AD.

Same old.....it's my own fault for buying it after trying the demo and not being impressed.
Agreed, however, I changed the speed to -1 and I'm not able to anticipate the AI passes better, so they're not completing +85% anymore. Additionally, the AI really punishes you for try to intercept the ball all the time, they'll one touch pass it and do a one two and scored on you so you need to be patient on defense.

Also, go manual passing, it's actually not that bad. Level 1 passing is way more assisted this year. It's too easy to score on level 1 passing.

I was disappointed with gameplay out of the box but after reducing speed to -1 and going manual, I'm convinced this is the best PES yet.
Old 09-13-2017, 11:37 AM   #74
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65

the contrast and brightness control is amazing

Ive found that if you do contrast 31 above the brightness

so say something like

etc etc

It can make some stadiums look photorealistic

the effect of both make it look like a pc sweetfx'd pes

I love it
Old 09-13-2017, 11:55 AM   #75
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyceDa59
I am noticing this as well with multiple teams it's really disappointing. I don't know what happened but the AI is really predictable this year.
Stats don't make a difference and that's the way it was programmed. I just saw the review over at evo-web, they did an experiment and dropped passing stats to the lowest value possible, and pretty much nothing changed. Shooting is similar I imagine.

Pes may feel great controlling your player on the ball, but unfortunately the lack of depth for offline play has hit a new low
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2017, 11:59 AM   #76
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisx
Stats don't make a difference and that's the way it was programmed. I just saw the review over at evo-web, they did an experiment and dropped passing stats to the lowest value possible, and pretty much nothing changed. Shooting is similar I imagine.

Pes may feel great controlling your player on the ball, but unfortunately the lack of depth for offline play has hit a new low
I still need to play a little more because not going to post full impressions for a least another week, I am doing tactic adjustments now for certain teams a notice some improvement with team play.
Old 09-13-2017, 01:14 PM   #77
MVP

ezio's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomba
the contrast and brightness control is amazing

Ive found that if you do contrast 31 above the brightness

so say something like

etc etc

It can make some stadiums look photorealistic

the effect of both make it look like a pc sweetfx'd pes

I love it
Thanks for posting about this. I was wondering why it was so bright. I think I have it at 100 and 70 right now but have to double check.
Old 09-13-2017, 01:29 PM   #78
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezio
Thanks for posting about this. I was wondering why it was so bright. I think I have it at 100 and 70 right now but have to double check.
It's such a great feature

FIFA 18 look so like a cartoon point blank
Old 09-13-2017, 04:47 PM   #79
Zac
World-Class Diver

Zac's Arena

OVR: 1

Ooooh. I started a test ML last night while I'm waiting for option files. I like the new challenge mode for ML. Where it throws random things at you to make it harder. Missing out on signing players because they choose another team. A player asking to leave, etc. And the owner thing is nice, them giving you feedback and being able to be fired.

However, crossing seems way too over powered. Its just way too easy to score from a cross. Its like your player always wins the position battle in the box.

Old 09-13-2017, 04:55 PM   #80
Rookie

Inter1's Arena

OVR: 1

A few things I have noticed that are in this year's game, that I didn't notice in last years. Apologies if they are in 2017.

1. Cleats leave wear and tear on the pitch which is an awesome little touch.
2. Playing in rain, socks and jersey's get dirty which looks very nice.
3. Live broadcast camera is so awesome to play with. Love the zoom in close to the sideline, and I really do like the first person view in or near the box. Makes defending really intense and satisfying if you can get the ball away from the cpu players.
4. I'm seeing at least 1 foul per game, with more cards shown. Maybe it's just the way I play, but I'm at least seeing this, and getting or giving up free kicks.
5. Love the set pieces and how they feel with no ''guide arrow''. Free kicks are taking some getting used to, but it's more realistic now.
6. Love the heading. Really enjoy seeing the misses by the keeper and player on crosses, corners etc too. Really adds to the realism of real life footy.
7. CPU really pushes late game if they are losing. Blew 2 late leads in a row because I didn't control the ball. Love the aggressive CPU tactics. You really have to be on your A game all match.
8. I love this game. Way better than last years.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »