Home

Papinho & Royce's PES Tactics.

This is a discussion on Papinho & Royce's PES Tactics. within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 11-21-2016, 05:02 AM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Papinho & Royce's PES Tactics.

Yes, I think this a good representation of MU in recent games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-21-2016, 05:12 AM   #26
Rookie

I made it
for the instructions are the same of Klashman

Possession Short Center Mantain SR 6
FL Press Center Conservative DL 7 COMP 5

For liverpool after the probably quit of Sturridge I made this

Poss Short Center Flex SR 5
FL Press Center Conservative DL 6 COMP 6
Adding instructions Gegenpressing + Attack Fullbacks + False 9

The instructions are almost the same of Klashman

Here the statistic screen after the full time of two match (lenght 20 min) exihbition CPU vs CPU (i'm liverpool's coach)

Just too few fouls

Last edited by kilay; 11-21-2016 at 05:18 AM.
Old 11-21-2016, 07:39 AM   #27
Pro

Great kilay!
Just one thing about Liverpool formation and to echo Gnemi, they have not been using any proper ST lately. Instead, Firmino plays more like a Secondary Striker. You implemented it correctly in the starting eleven but may be to have Firmino behaving correctly in the ON phases it might be required to set him has a SS there too (need to be tested).

In addition, I think (very subjective point of view here) you might also set LFC midfielders a bit too low on the OUT possession phase (Wijnaldum & Lallana). The problem that can rise when doing so is that they might not be able to apply pressure properly in the opponent field, and instead drop too quickly in their half (kind of home cooked all "out defense" strategy). With a team that use the gegenpress it can be a problem, because the distance players have to run through to press the opponent becomes very large.

Anyway your help with tactics is very much appreciated! Keep it up!

Last edited by papinho81; 11-21-2016 at 07:45 AM.
Old 11-21-2016, 07:57 AM   #28
Rookie

About Sturridge position I tried different position and this one seems the best choice for his behavior on the field. I tried to set him SS but he remains too much behind,wijnaldum and lallana overlap him costantly, with the next setting maybe i can change his position too. Whatever now if him is set to CF but false nine strategy is on he comes back with the right movement
For Wijnaldum and Lallana I think that you are right, maybe set to CM is a better choice, I set to AM because is their natural role(I think) but for the stability of the tatcs maybe is better set them to CM.

Last edited by kilay; 11-21-2016 at 08:04 AM.
Old 11-21-2016, 08:17 AM   #29
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilay
About Sturridge position I tried different position and this one seems the best choice for his behavior on the field. I tried to set him SS but he remains too much behind,wijnaldum and lallana overlap him costantly, with the next setting maybe i can change his position too. Whatever now if him is set to CF but false nine strategy is on he comes back with the right movement
For Wijnaldum and Lallana I think that you are right, maybe set to CM is a better choice, I set to AM because is their natural role(I think) but for the stability of the tatcs maybe is better set them to CM.
Interesting to read for Sturidge, thanks for sharing your experiences.

About Lallana and Wijnaldum, don't get me wrong, I am speaking about the OFF (OUT?, senza) possession formation and more than the role, the place where you position the player on the pitch map is important. Personally, I would move Wijnaldum and Lallana above the half line (2 click above) and move slightly upper Mané and Coutinho. Mané could be kept has a winger (Is he actively contributing to defense in his own half?) while, I think Coutinho should be kept as a CAM. The role of the others players looks fine, (Wij and Lal as CMF; Henderson as a CDM). Again it is personal feeling here.
Old 11-21-2016, 08:40 AM   #30
Rookie

Ok about Lallana and Wijnaldum understood, now I try different settings and maybe later I post next version

Here is a discussion about the tactical behavior of the Klopp's team in the last year

http://www.thisisanfield.com/2016/10...l-one-year-on/

"Mane can provide a narrow defense" (maybe I can move him a little bit forward in Out of possession but ever as SM)

Another thing, in your Liga tact i see that you set the press for barça and real madrid to frontline pressure and aggressive, i think is better for both the teams FL pressure but conservative, whoscored has classified both teams to non-aggressive

Last edited by kilay; 11-21-2016 at 08:44 AM.
Old 11-21-2016, 09:02 AM   #31
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilay
Ok about Lallana and Wijnaldum understood, now I try different settings and maybe later I post next version

Here is a discussion about the tactical behavior of the Klopp's team in the last year

http://www.thisisanfield.com/2016/10...l-one-year-on/

"Mane can provide a narrow defense" (maybe I can move him a little bit forward in Out of possession but ever as SM)

Another thing, in your Liga tact i see that you set the press for barça and real madrid to frontline pressure and aggressive, i think is better for both the teams FL pressure but conservative, whoscored has classified both teams to non-aggressive
I am almost sure the whoscore aggressiveness traits stands for tendency to make fouls rather for the type of pressuring (like in pes). If you go to the page of Bayer Leverkusen which is one of the most aggressive team in Europe in terms of pressing you will see they have the non aggressive traits too.

I advice anyone interested about how works instruction in pes, to have a look at klashman tutorial if they didn't have done already. (http://klashman69.blogspot.ch/search/label/Tutorials)

Concerning Barca, I think they still use an aggressive pressing but of course to a lesser extant than in the past.

Edit: I love reading those tactical analyses! Thanks for sharing your sources!

Edit2: Don't want to sound to peaky but the article actually says about Mane: "He can provide the width of a natural winger which helps to break down stubborn, narrow defences".
Not exactly what you said. The last pitch picture give a good idea of offensive, defensive contributions and movements.

Last edited by papinho81; 11-21-2016 at 09:15 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-21-2016, 09:22 AM   #32
Rookie

Thank you for the Klashman tutorial, good to know...
I did not know about whoscored "philosophy", so what source to understand pressing behaviors?

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »