Home

PES 2017 impressions

This is a discussion on PES 2017 impressions within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-13-2016, 12:08 PM   #57
MVP

OVR: 18
Re: PES 2017 impressions

Looks like Konami took the fluff (menus and font) from FIFA.
Old 09-13-2016, 02:55 PM   #58
Rookie

OVR: 2

Can someone please post a screenshot of the Iran National team roster? I'd like to see the names.
THANKS!
Old 09-13-2016, 03:50 PM   #59

dubcity's Arena

Well, the FIFA demo has ruined PES release day lol. Damn, was hoping for more impressions. Still up in the air about whether to pick this up later in the week.
Old 09-13-2016, 04:04 PM   #60
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubcity
Well, the FIFA demo has ruined PES release day lol. Damn, was hoping for more impressions. Still up in the air about whether to pick this up later in the week.
There's a lot going on right now though Dub.

PES 2017 + FIFA 17 Demo + UCL kicking off

I put the controller(s) down to watch Barca destroy Celtic (they literally scored 2 goals while I was typing this and this post isn't even that long lol)

What questions do you have?
Old 09-13-2016, 04:16 PM   #61

dubcity's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG
There's a lot going on right now though Dub.

PES 2017 + FIFA 17 Demo + UCL kicking off

I put the controller(s) down to watch Barca destroy Celtic (they literally scored 2 goals while I was typing this and this post isn't even that long lol)

What questions do you have?
Just looking for general gameplay impressions from people, comparing it to last year. Speed, difficulty, etc. Also want to know if zig zag runs through the midfield still result in automatic shots on goal 80-85% of the time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2016, 04:22 PM   #62
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Just looking for general gameplay impressions from people, comparing it to last year. Speed, difficulty, etc. Also want to know if zig zag runs through the midfield still result in automatic shots on goal 80-85% of the time.
I'll be doing my impressions tonight, I think. I know you were in my stream last night/morning, so hopefully I gave enough of what I thought initially.

I'm really excited to get more games in when I get home. Do you have a video of the zig-zag runs? I have an idea, but am not sure if I'm on the same page. I can say it's not easy to run through an entire defense because the explosive power (acceleration essentially) intensity is lowered quite a bit from PES 16/15/14. It's hard to explain but there is much less of a high accelerated "revving up" of the sprinting.

Ironic the one thing I tweeted to Konami, that didn't get much attention, was about lowering the intensity of explosive power rating, actually seemed to get fixed. Lol.
Old 09-13-2016, 04:52 PM   #63

dubcity's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
Do you have a video of the zig-zag runs? I have an idea, but am not sure if I'm on the same page. I can say it's not easy to run through an entire defense because the explosive power (acceleration essentially) intensity is lowered quite a bit from PES 16/15/14. It's hard to explain but there is much less of a high accelerated "revving up" of the sprinting.
There are videos of it on YouTube, but mostly it was a result of the explosive power you mentioned. If you change directions and burst at the right time, defenders would just run alongside you and then eventually give up and let you by. I could routinely run with the goalkeeper on Superstar and get a shot on target. Hopefully lowering that fixed it.
Old 09-13-2016, 05:16 PM   #64
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
I thought PES 2016 was pretty hard to play. Besides the wide-open gameplay, the lack of fouls and the CPU cheesing the low corner shot made it virtually unplayable once the honeymoon phase wore off (shortest honeymoon too).

I feel like the full release plays slower on default than the demo but -1 speed could be the sweet-spot depending on the camera you're playing on.

Difficulty is hit or miss depending on what type of assistance levels you're playing on. On default "1 bar" you can string together some nice combination play but in the first 2 matches I played, CSKA outshot me as Leverkusen, and I outshot Liverpool as Chelsea. I won the first 1-0 and tied the2nd 1-1.

Defensive awareness as you near the box is much better. When I played as Chelsea they marked Hazard very closely, to the point where Drury said "They're marking Hazard out of the match" and I looked at him off-the-ball and was like "damn, Clyne is literally in his shorts". When I tried to cut inside and make zig-zag runs like FIFA15 I was closed down. Don't get me wrong, I could turn the first defender and blow by them with Hazard & Willian and to an extent Costa but I never once made it thru on goal. I either was closed down, fouled, or over-dribbled/took one too many touch.

The CPU def changes tactics/attacking levels as the match goes. Liverpool started off tame and I dominated the lion share of possession 1st half. They mostly sat back but 2nd half they went after it and the gegenpress was full-on. The second I got the ball in my own half they were closing down with 2-3 guys and I was playing a lot of balls back to Courtois and subsequently in the air to Costa who I thought had the better of Lucas (I tried to guess the starting XIs for both teams) at CB.

The pace of play and the fouls are MUCH better than last year. CSKA had 9 fouls, and Liverpool had 7 in a 20 min match. Several more were called that I played advantage with. A lot were close to the box in the CSKA match which was cool because I got to take FKs with Hakan Changalou who's incredible at FKs. Put 1 on target and 1 off the bar. The whip and curve was crazy. I saved it so I'll try to get it up on here tonight.

Let me know if you have any other questions although I need to save something for the review, lol.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »