Home

PES 2017 impressions

This is a discussion on PES 2017 impressions within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-12-2016, 11:01 PM   #41
Gaming Fool.

PAPERNUT's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: PES 2017 impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyceDa59
Nice, I have heard a few people say the final version was slowler than the demo but I can't wait to play it really might stay up to midnight to get a few games in. Did you end up using any option files?
Nope. Got newborn, so my time is limited, so did not try one out. Server was down as well, so was playing on the default rosters and game version. The more I played, the more I also thought it was slower than the demo. It is perfect on -1 though as that felt more like -2 from the demo that was my preferred speed on it. This game is so close. If the foul calls could just be a bit more consistent. I had one game where I drew 7 calls, but then next hardly any. Almost feels like they have the different refs in FIFA with the strick/lenient types, but no way to choose. Whatever, I am a foul whore, so I will never be happy. I will say the fouls drawn just felt right, so the game did flow well. I prefer it better than any EA game lately and I do not see them doing any better in that regard anyway with Fifa17. Possibly some roster edits can make some changes in the play as well, so too early to say for sure, but I will explore that once I get more time. At this point I am happy to be playing PES again and I think we got something special to play like in years past.
Twitter
YouTube
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2016, 11:35 PM   #42
Pro

Josam27o7's Arena

OVR: 3

People here probably want to here about AI improvements. Notice any?
Old 09-13-2016, 12:45 AM   #43
MVP

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAPERNUT
I got one game in on my lunch break. Never thought I would say a soccer game was playing too slow, but on -2 it seems to be. Perhaps default or -1 is the way to go. Did they remove CPU vs CPU as I was hoping to watch games while working, but see no option for it?
I play -1. Regular speed feels like it turns into too much back-and-forth too often. At least for me.
Old 09-13-2016, 04:09 AM   #44
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josam27o7
People here probably want to here about AI improvements. Notice any?
They seem similar to the demo, fouls are plenty in 15 min games though I drew 10 in one match. One thing I noticed that seems worrisome is teams not adjusting formations on a red card. I had one match against Liverpool and Mane (yes I did a some transfers lol) got sent off and they never adjusted accordingly. Maybe it was because he was an attacker, I had them playing 4-3-3, I am curious to see if that was a defender would they have adjusted properly.
Old 09-13-2016, 04:28 AM   #45
Pro

OVR: 0

Iīm pretty sure they used to do that in previous editions. It must have been because it was an attacker.

About the speed, I enjoy -1 most of the time, but yesterday I loaded the demo and changed the camera for a more dynamic view and I believe the game got slower. I was playing on regular speed and it felt just right, so camera view should have some impact.

Also, what Iīm loving about this game is something I always thought a game should have... easier to defend, harder to break opponentīs defence. Teamīs strenght is also very noticeable, wich is great.
Very well done!

My only concern now is Master League. Last year I just got bored because when the team "chemistry" was on top, I could just cruise through the season and win almost everything... just boring.

Last edited by xicpanad; 09-13-2016 at 04:34 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2016, 05:15 AM   #46
Rookie

Ac3way's Arena

OVR: 0

Watched Matt10l stream this morning(at least in Finland), it looked really good. I have to test that, fluid formation on and switching same tactic to with and without ball.

It was looking great when CPU was building play with passing to side and even down to defence.

I have to test it at Thursday with same teams 3 matches. One fluid formation off, one fluid formation on and third match with those tactics same and also pressure high for both teams.

I cant wait!
Old 09-13-2016, 05:22 AM   #47
Pro

AnnihilusLivius's Arena

OVR: 7

Matt10 can you give me an input on what settings you're using? Speed and all that good stuff. Cheers
Old 09-13-2016, 09:38 AM   #48
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

OVR: 10

Lost some sleep playing this last night, haha. Played 4 matches all Man City vs Liverpool in enjoyed them all. I really like what I saw with Liverpool pressing like crazy certain periods of the match. They played high tempo and got them to commit a lot of fouls against Sterling and even won a penalty.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »