Home

PES 2017 Demo Available on Xbox One, PS4, PS3 - Post Your Impressions

This is a discussion on PES 2017 Demo Available on Xbox One, PS4, PS3 - Post Your Impressions within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-24-2016, 01:45 AM   #57

jvalverde88's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: PES 2017 Demo Available on Xbox One, PS4, PS3 - Post Your Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by PES3Paul
One question, a 1-word question:

FOULS?
As in, are there any?
Yup, there is. Had this happen:

Quote:
Never let fear determine who you are. Never let where you came from determine where you are going.
Old 08-24-2016, 03:23 AM   #58
Rookie

KennyJ1976's Arena

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by PES3Paul
I had 2 fouls, CPU none. What am I doing? I usually try to tick-tack passes and long through-balls. Then again, I'm on amateur. Do I need to upgrade CPU strength to get them fouling me left/right?
You may have to up the difficulty. I'm playing on superstar so the A.I. is more aggressive, but try professional and see if that works for you.
Old 08-24-2016, 04:35 AM   #59
Rookie

Ac3way's Arena

OVR: 0

I like the gameplay and lighting, it looks good. Alltough too much motion blur at replays and they are bit laggy, definitely replays are not 60fps.

Great game, loving it. Passing, crossing and shooting at manual still too easy. No pass errors at all, ball goes straight feet to feet and shots are too accurate. Also sometimes dribbling and turning is way too fast.

I played like crazy PES 2016, but this is at another level. Great gameplay!
Old 08-24-2016, 06:58 AM   #60
Rookie

OVR: 2
Im not the best player,but game seems to be improved
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eka84W3a85M

Last edited by egis123; 08-24-2016 at 06:59 AM. Reason: fixed link
Old 08-24-2016, 08:24 AM   #61
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by egis123
Im not the best player,but game seems to be improved
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eka84W3a85M
Crazy save at the end!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2016, 09:03 AM   #62
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

Played a handful of Arsenal/Atletico matches last night. This is the best feeling PES I've played in a long time. I really enjoyed the support/movement of my teammates; they find nice pockets of space to be available for passes. Ozil had by far the most touches on my team and always seemed to be open (in a good way). I LOVE how crosses feel - the have some zip and curl to them, not floaty at all. I scored a couple headed goals with Giroud and they looked great, aside from having acres of space out wide to hit the cross.

So I guess I'm seeing the retreating fullbacks issue too, but overall I feel like defensive positioning is fairly solid. Men get behind the ball and it doesn't feel like always scrambling to catch up. I agree the passing is a bit too assisted (I was on level 1), but it doesn't seem to unbalance the gameplay since the defense is fairly sound. Also agree that body position doesn't affect passing/shooting enough, especially shooting. I unleashed a wicked low shot with Giroud after a quick turn and it didn't look believable.

Keepers seem better, but I didn't test the CPU too much as I get the hang of things. Cech made a really nice diving save, but I also saw some of the stiff and awkward animations too. But I'll accept some awkwardness if they're competent, which first impression is they will be.

Like how the crowd howls & whistles on borderline challenges and reacts to play. It's probably more noticeable since there's no commentary, but still seems well done nonetheless. Player likenesses are pretty impressive; it's such a shame they can't get more robust licensing because it is a good looking game.

Overall, the demo took this from not much interest to possible purchase. For someone who doesn't buy many games, that's saying something. I'll keep an eye on option file progress and gameplay impressions with a hopeful eye towards Black Friday...
Old 08-24-2016, 09:03 AM   #63
MVP

DBMcGee3's Arena

OVR: 7
Got in about 6 games last night (Top Player, 10 minutes) and all I can say is.....WOW. I'm no expert in football strategy, so I won't dismiss the complaints others have made, but here were my impressions.

-Goalkeepers are vastly improved, as is the defensive AI. I didn't find nearly as much space as in last year's game, and there were constantly guys sliding at my feet when I shot. When I actually got shots off, the keepers were solid, probably the best I've seen in a game yet. End result, the scoring was way down from last year's game, which is awesome if you want to play 15 or 20 minute games. The goals feel earned this year, you can't just score every time you shoot from inside the box.

-Refs- Holy S#%@!!!!!! They are calling fouls appropriately, and giving cards! I played one match as Barca vs. Atletico, and they were flat out bullying me. I think they had about 8 fouls and 4 or 5 yellows in 10 minutes, and it doesn't take a horrible tackle to get a foul, sometimes a hard bump is enough, which is great. Game changer, plain and simple. I'm shocked they were able to improve this so much in 1 offseason.

-Animations- The game looks soooooo good. There are so many shooting and passing animations, and they've finally got the collisions figured out. I honestly think the collisions in PES look more realistic than FIFA's now, which I never thought I'd say. Replays are done well, goal celebrations look amazing, it's eye candy from start to finish. Best player models I've ever seen, on the good teams at least. The less known players can still look a little jarring by comparison though.

-Signature play- This is where PES always kills FIFA, and this year is no exception from what I've seen. The players just feel like themselves. Messi is so fast and strong with the ball, Pogba dominates the midfield with his size and athleticism, Ozil makes perfect lobs and through balls......it's fantastic, really. Can't wait to get an option file with the tactics refined even further.

-The Pace- Feels perfect to me. The players look great when they're moving, and the pace of the ball seems right on, both with passing and shooting. I've struck some absolute corkers from outside the box but haven't found my mark just yet.

-First Touch- Huge improvement, really adds to the realism and keeps the passing %s more realistic. In most of my games the %s were high 70s/low 80s rather than 90s, like PES 2016 or FIFA (every year). Another way the great players just feel different from the rest. Also these animations are particularly beautiful.

I'm sure I'll find some flaws eventually, but I can honestly say that last night was the best hour and a half I've ever spent with ANY sports video game. It's that good, believe the hype.
Old 08-24-2016, 09:17 AM   #64
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvalverde88
Yup, there is. Had this happen:

Fouls have improved for sure but I feel this video is poor example. In the first 30 seconds there are bunch of no calls.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »