Home

PES 2016 Demo Available Now on Xbox One and PlayStation 4

This is a discussion on PES 2016 Demo Available Now on Xbox One and PlayStation 4 within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-13-2015, 02:22 PM   #57
MVP

fearwhatnow's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: PES 2016 Demo Available Now on Xbox One and PlayStation 4

I'm amazed there are still some people here that will buy a sports videogame while the devs don't even implement basic rules of the sport.
Old 08-13-2015, 02:41 PM   #58
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by fearwhatnow
I'm amazed there are still some people here that will buy a sports videogame while the devs don't even implement basic rules of the sport.
Really, that did not stop people from buying FIFA for many years.
Old 08-13-2015, 02:50 PM   #59
Rookie

Halloween's Arena

OVR: 0

Ball physics and A.I. are still major issues.

No pass and shot variety, way too sharp and laser esque. Off ball players seem to have no understanding of basic tactical movement whatsoever.
Old 08-13-2015, 03:14 PM   #60
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: PES 2016 Demo up on Australian PSN

Anyone know if you can play this demo online against others?- I'm on U.S.- Xbone
EA and 2k have the unfortunate task of trying to balance on a tightrope of fun and sim while trying not to fall 10,000 feet to their death. Instead of a safety net waiting down below there will just be angry customers quick to move out of the way and talk of their failure.
Old 08-13-2015, 03:19 PM   #61

dubcity's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyceDa59
Really, that did not stop people from buying FIFA for many years.

Yep, and this demo is getting near universal praise. No reason for Konami to change anything. People love it because it's fast and it's easy to score goals. Even saw a review on Pesfan saying that it's more fun because there aren't annoying fouls to slow down the flow.

This game will more than likely get slightly better reviews than last year from IGN etc, but for those of us who play hundreds and hundreds of matches throughout the year, it'll get old quick like Pes 2015.

Last edited by dubcity; 08-13-2015 at 03:22 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2015, 03:20 PM   #62
Pro

OVR: 10

Some of the comments in here are shocking and show a lack of knowledge about the game of football.

I wont pick out specific users or comments because id hope they are aware of what they are saying, if not they are here to troll.

Anyway, with regards to the fouls, I agree it has been toned down, although ive drawn probably 1 every other game... not enough, but they happen, so its a case of tightening up the ref, but not too much as the game flows nicely right now.

Is it perfect to represent the game? Of course not, nothing ever will be its a computer game that relies on code, however its the best by a long shot in terms of gameplay that we have had for a long time. Plenty of variety so far for me, a few niggles here and there, but you get a good game of football that you can by and large control, which will do me for now.
Old 08-13-2015, 03:47 PM   #63
Rookie

dmendenhall_9's Arena

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by roolz
Some of the comments in here are shocking and show a lack of knowledge about the game of football.

I wont pick out specific users or comments because id hope they are aware of what they are saying, if not they are here to troll.

Anyway, with regards to the fouls, I agree it has been toned down, although ive drawn probably 1 every other game... not enough, but they happen, so its a case of tightening up the ref, but not too much as the game flows nicely right now.

Is it perfect to represent the game? Of course not, nothing ever will be its a computer game that relies on code, however its the best by a long shot in terms of gameplay that we have had for a long time. Plenty of variety so far for me, a few niggles here and there, but you get a good game of football that you can by and large control, which will do me for now.
It is a lot of fifa fan boys. I follow these guys from the FIFA sliders page. Saying there are no passing differences in this game but in FIFA you can NEVER curl a pass to your guys running down the flank. Just interesting to see different opinions. Also a lot of complaints about AI movement off the ball which is so much better than FIFA. I never had a player make a run in FIFA ever and the defense were as dumb as bricks. I play with fluid formation a little and can get solid defensive results on PES.
Old 08-13-2015, 03:47 PM   #64
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halloween
Ball physics and A.I. are still major issues.

No pass and shot variety, way too sharp and laser esque. Off ball players seem to have no understanding of basic tactical movement whatsoever.
The game could certainly use some more error in the way of passes/shots to make them less accurate for the CPU but I haven't seen some of the glaring AI deficiencies 2015 had in the way of defending. Good CBs like Varane, Chielieni, Silva, etc... do their job at commanding the back and cleaning up messes.

On offense, deep lying middies like Pirlo, Bastian, etc... always show or create an outlet. They're just a lot slower and dynamic on the ball so you have to be careful to get caught out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubcity
Yep, and this demo is getting near universal praise. No reason for Konami to change anything. People love it because it's fast and it's easy to score goals. Even saw a review on Pesfan saying that it's more fun because there aren't annoying fouls to slow down the flow.

This game will more than likely get slightly better reviews than last year from IGN etc, but for those of us who play hundreds and hundreds of matches throughout the year, it'll get old quick like Pes 2015.
It has some FIFA-like default characteristics but the pace is still slower.

People have been spamming Bhatti & officialpes on twitter about fouls so the average user isn't that enamored with that aspect.

IF fouls are fixed and the ML/MyClub/Edit Mode updates are what they say they are then it should get better reviews.

From what I can so far, team tactics actually work but I need to do some more testing.

A proper option file (kits, players, badges, etc... + klashman's team tactics)

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »