Home

(PC) Welp - I have done it again. Realistic Game Play.

This is a discussion on (PC) Welp - I have done it again. Realistic Game Play. within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-24-2012, 09:29 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: (PC) Welp - I have done it again. Realistic Game Play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
Wow. Found two more key values to change - very excited after 2 games just played - talk about a battle.

Still needs some testing - but I think we are close.

Values considering:

1. All Teams - Defensive Line = 100 (high)
*PES 13 by default seems to have a high line, but leaves a lot of gaps open. What I thought this would do was increase the priority to stop the attack early on, so "high" as in "high priority". It seems to have done the trick - but I think it will work best with the next change:

2. All Players - Defensive Awareness = 0
*Yes, this awakens all players to be defensive when necessary. I thought if I placed this at 100 it would make players unrealistically good. As a result, being at 0 - the players are forced to react based on their skills - such as a core one in "response".
Hey Matt, I cant find the defensive Line option. Can you help me here. Really want to try your ssettings. Also, I cant seem to put the attack value = to 0. The minimum it will let me is 1 (also the default). Maybe Im having a brain fart but can you guide me?
Thanks
Old 09-24-2012, 09:35 PM   #18
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by willIam9387
Great results thus far Matt, watched the video and must say it looks like real soccer, and I love the back passes by the computer. I'm thinking about picking this up for pc as well for the modding community and was wondering if you have the disc version or download version? And whether that makes a difference when modding?

Thanks, looking forward to your future findings!
I got the download version - it doesn't make a lick of difference for modding either

I loved the videos, but the more recent ones I'll have uploaded tonight are stellar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Niche
Hey Matt, I cant find the defensive Line option. Can you help me here. Really want to try your ssettings. Also, I cant seem to put the attack value = to 0. The minimum it will let me is 1 (also the default). Maybe Im having a brain fart but can you guide me?
Thanks
Yes. Inside the PES Editor - global functions - then at the very bottom, where it says "Team style" click on the "All 0-100 sliders" drop down. Defensive line should be 3rd from the bottom.

Attack value at 0 or 1 - doesn't matter. I put "zero" but on second look - it reverts to 1 So thanks for the heads up, i'll edit the first post.

Let me know if you need anything, i'm working on the video right now.
Old 09-24-2012, 09:46 PM   #19
Rookie

Quote:
Yes. Inside the PES Editor - global functions - then at the very bottom, where it says "Team style" click on the "All 0-100 sliders" drop down. Defensive line should be 3rd from the bottom.

Attack value at 0 or 1 - doesn't matter. I put "zero" but on second look - it reverts to 1 So thanks for the heads up, i'll edit the first post.

Let me know if you need anything, i'm working on the video right now.
Ah found it, just a heads up. then defensive awareness is also a 1, right? minimum is 1 and I think that was the default setting... Giving it a go right now. Ill try it in exhibition first and hopefully itll carry over to my ML.
Have you been testing more? Thoughts?
Old 09-24-2012, 10:09 PM   #20
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

Quote:
Ah found it, just a heads up. then defensive awareness is also a 1, right? minimum is 1 and I think that was the default setting... Giving it a go right now. Ill try it in exhibition first and hopefully itll carry over to my ML.
Have you been testing more? Thoughts?
I know the edits didn't transfer to my existing CL/ML unfortunately.

I am testing one thing, and that's the defensive awareness value = 1. The reason I am testing it is because I've seen the defenders sometimes sprint away from the ball carrier. Not sure if that's why. I'll see in a bit here.
Old 09-24-2012, 11:23 PM   #21
Rookie

Quote:
I know the edits didn't transfer to my existing CL/ML unfortunately.

I am testing one thing, and that's the defensive awareness value = 1. The reason I am testing it is because I've seen the defenders sometimes sprint away from the ball carrier. Not sure if that's why. I'll see in a bit here.

I thought they carried into my ML. I played an exhibition and a few games of ML and I thought I saw a difference but then maybe it was a placebo effect. I thought the pressure was a little too much, I would have 3-4 guys behind me. Again, this could be just bc Im not too good at the game, but it just felt a little too much so I will tone it down.

Did you notice any changes in the defense? When I attack the AI they always seem to have a Brick wall with 4-5 guys, when the AI attacks me its like a jelly wall that can be dismantled with 1 pass. Their attackers always outrun me while my attackers always get caught.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2012, 11:36 PM   #22
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

Quote:
I thought they carried into my ML. I played an exhibition and a few games of ML and I thought I saw a difference but then maybe it was a placebo effect. I thought the pressure was a little too much, I would have 3-4 guys behind me. Again, this could be just bc Im not too good at the game, but it just felt a little too much so I will tone it down.

Did you notice any changes in the defense? When I attack the AI they always seem to have a Brick wall with 4-5 guys, when the AI attacks me its like a jelly wall that can be dismantled with 1 pass. Their attackers always outrun me while my attackers always get caught.
I definitely notice a difference. I mean the video shows what a big difference it is. The tightness is probably going from the extreme. You can overwrite your edited file with your back up - and then maybe try pressing as 75 instead of 100. The reason I put it at 100 is because that setting is based on what the preference is no matter what tactic is used. So the max capacity of tactic 1, or tactic 2 or 3 - and so forth.

I haven't tested so much yet. There are some values that interest me that I am considering, but I really don't want to make it too big of a change, where I'm forcing it. I want the player's skills to stand out. Right now - even on default - I am seeing a lot of the defenders turn around and sprint away from the ball carrier. This is going to be my first priority of finding out why this happens.
Old 09-24-2012, 11:44 PM   #23
Rookie

Thanks Matt, def try to play around in hopes you can perfect the gameplay. I know Jenkey's patches and the MOD community improved the game before and hope this does too. Ill try to lower pressing tomorrow to 80 and see how it goes. Let me know if you get to check any other changes specially on defense.

On another note.... have you gotten better at headers? holy **** I can seem to hit anything and usually when I fight for one and win, the ball goes straight to the frickin AI
Old 09-24-2012, 11:47 PM   #24
Just started!

I dont use current players just classic teams and I am sure many out there feel the same.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »