Home

Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 Demo #1 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 Demo #1 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?
Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2012, 12:11 PM   #49
Banned

Profit89's Arena

OVR: 8
My first impressions... Fantastic game. Everyone should give it a try. You really feel the personalities of the different players. Different running styles etc..
Old 07-25-2012, 12:37 PM   #50
MVP

bukktown's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here

I hate not being able to move the receiver on through balls. And the passing speed is still highly variable. Very first impression is that the game is exactly the same as 12.
Old 07-25-2012, 12:42 PM   #51
Hall Of Fame

aloncho11's Arena

OVR: 61

Passing speed is supposed to be variable according to how much one loads the power bar, and the player's short pass speed & long pass speed stats...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2012, 12:49 PM   #52
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by bukktown
the game is exactly the same as 12.
No no no no no no no...

2012: very broken
2013: very playable

Old 07-25-2012, 01:02 PM   #53
MVP

ezio's Arena

OVR: 19

I downloaded the PS3 demo from the Japan store last night and played a few game and didn't change anything except my passing bar was on 3 mostly because I couldn't read anything I had my son download the UK demo today so that I can mess with settings etc. tonight.

My initial impression is that is a lot better than both 2011 and 2012. Shooting is much better. Keepers are better and it doesn't feel rigid anymore. So far so good. Will post more once I play more but I would like to mention one sequence that made me smile.

In my first game playing as Italy vs. Germany and a german player beat my defender inside the box down the endline and took a shot. Buffon saved it but it went back towards the center of the goal towards a waiting German player who took another shot. Buffon got his fingers to it at the near post but deflected it away towards the far post where a defender was waiting to clear it. It just looked great. I have a video that won't do it justice that I will try and put up but it was just a great sequence.

One other thing i want to mention is that you can now pull away from players again. I had two instances where i was able to beat a defender off the dribble and get away to get off a shot. One with Balotelli and one with Postiga.

I am going to try the Fifa demo too but this might be the year I just get PES and go back to it.
Old 07-25-2012, 01:06 PM   #54
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezio
My initial impression is that is a lot better than both 2011 and 2012. Shooting is much better. Keepers are better...
Exactly. Shooting and keepers were plum broke last year. Amazing the improvement this year. Those changes and the all-manual controls make it a completely different and much-improved game.
Old 07-25-2012, 01:20 PM   #55
Hall Of Fame

aloncho11's Arena

OVR: 61

This game is simply what the PES series is all about: a lot of heart and love for the game of Football.

That is probably the main reason why the fans of the series never quit on it despite of past iterations that didn't made the cut. After playing PES/Winning Eleven for 12 years I know I will never be able to enjoy the other game as much as PES.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2012, 01:25 PM   #56
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

OVR: 10

Sounds good everyone, I haven't gave it a try yet but I plan on soon, looking forward to give this demo a try but I still remain optimistic....just a little bit.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »