Home

Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 Demo #1 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 Demo #1 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?
Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2012, 05:55 AM   #33
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here

When I downloaded this earlier it said Pro Evolution Soccer 13 Demo No. 1. I'm I right to assume that they'll be dropping another demo too? If so, does anyone know what will be different about it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeC
Well....BAL blew Fifa's career mode out of the water last year so....you'd get much more traction out of PES than Fifa on that side.

A valid comparison would be between Live's Be a Pro mode and 2k's MyPlayer mode. The gap is that wide IMO.
Interesting. Does PES also have a regular career mode where you control the entire team?

Also, how good is the commentary usually in these games? There isn't any in the demo and I'm kind of curious about that.
Old 07-25-2012, 06:06 AM   #34
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy Knuckles
Also, how good is the commentary usually in these games? There isn't any in the demo and I'm kind of curious about that.
Think "Madden commentary" and then set your expectations around there. It's pretty bad, very lame. If you have the PC version, mods have been created that allow you to replace the PES commentary with the commentary from one of EA's games (WC 2010 I think).

Last edited by Yeats; 07-25-2012 at 07:15 AM.
Old 07-25-2012, 06:54 AM   #35
Pro

OVR: 0
Yeah it seems very good, much better than last years I think. Everything feels nice and fluid and the players really do feel unique and like their real life counter parts. The AI is very intelligent, which to me is one thing PES does much better than FIFA, your team-mates will make intelligent runs and play one twos and the like without you asking them to.

Overall, I think the game is great. I'm still pretty rubbish at because I've always been a FIFA player but I'm getting the hang of it
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2012, 07:38 AM   #36
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy Knuckles
When I downloaded this earlier it said Pro Evolution Soccer 13 Demo No. 1. I'm I right to assume that they'll be dropping another demo too? If so, does anyone know what will be different about it?

Interesting. Does PES also have a regular career mode where you control the entire team?

Yes they do, check this thread I posted in a few weeks ago. http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-question.html
Old 07-25-2012, 08:12 AM   #37
MVP

WaddupCouzin's Arena

OVR: 11
I played it last night for a bit, game feels really fluid, and the ball feels heavy, not floaty. I was going through the different camera angles and the Broadcast Angle is spectacular. It looks like I'm watching a real game. I'm really diggin that camera angle.
Old 07-25-2012, 08:18 AM   #38
Rookie

Camm's Arena

OVR: 5

Is it out on PS3 in the UK/US yet?
Old 07-25-2012, 09:06 AM   #39
MVP

OVR: 12

Wow, wow, wow! Playing the PC version of the demo. What a huge improvement. Gameplay speed is perfect (slow!), animations are much improved, ball has weight to it... everything this series has been missing for a few years now.

For the love of god Konami, DON'T keep fiddling with the gameplay pre-release and make it worse like you did last year. If the gameplay stays the same as it plays in this demo, it's an auto-purchase for me no question. (Didn't buy 2012 so I'd love to have a PES game again on my PC.)

EDIT: Well after playing this for an hour, I have to say it's a definite keeper. But it doesn't match up with FIFA as far as fun factor, for me anyway. There's something very static and drab about the game: the animations, graphics, stadium lighting, player faces and skin textures, overall color palette, etc. I guess I've turned into a graphics and presentation ho! Great to see PES is finally playable though.

Last edited by Yeats; 07-25-2012 at 11:54 AM.
Old 07-25-2012, 10:25 AM   #40
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

I played five or six games on the 360 last night, a few on professional then moved up to top player difficulty. Overall, it feels a little better than 2012 in terms of pace/flow. I played on -1 gamespeed with 2012; I did not adjust the speed in the new demo as the default was very pleasing. A few random thoughts...

Shots now have some venom to them. I was trying to walk it into the goal based on my habits from 2011/12. The CPU hit some crackers with Balotelli, Ronaldo, and Nani, so I finally gave it a go with Gerrard from way out... wow, what a difference.

Speaking of Ronaldo, the Player ID thing really showed with him. He was full of step-overs & moves, and his animations were distinct. Some other guys (Nani, Neymar) stood out a bit as well, so that bodes well for player individuality.

Can't say much about the keepers, as I didn't produce or concede many chances. There were a few corners I felt the keeper should have made a play on but didn't.

There were a few times I was frustrated with my teammates, but it was isolated to a few situations. For the most part, the spacing & movement seem pretty sharp at first glance. However, I felt like the AI could be making smarter runs to put more pressure on the defense. For example, I was able to mark two players with one defender coming down the wing because the player without the ball didn't force me to make a choice. I was in a similar spot on a counter with Oxlade-Chamberlain after beating the LB at about the halfway line. Rooney just kind of jogged along with the CB in a straight line, rather than forcing him to make a choice on whom to defend. I'm not good with the teammate controls, and I'm sure it would really help, but should I really need to do that in those situations?

The auto-movement of the player under user control is still there, mostly when there is a loose ball (clearance, blocked shot, missed pass). Many times my guy was locked on the ball and sent in a straight line to meet it, usually putting me at a disadvantage. I realize this is probably related to the amount of support AI teammates provide -- as opposed to feeling you have to do everything yourself -- but I think it can be better balanced. I'm used to super-cancelling after years of playing the series, but it still feels like the game is controlling you in certain circumstances. Again, it's not all bad as it likely contributes to supportive teammates and an underlying sense of player inertia/momentum, it's just too noticeable for my tastes at times.

Still, I enjoyed my hour-plus last night and will be back at it tonight. PES has always had its own feel to it, usually revealing a greater depth of control the more time you spend with it. Five minute halves (locked it appears) don't do it justice and I found myself forcing the issue, which could also be habits from previous years which were slanted towards quick-building attacks.

Last edited by Qb; 07-25-2012 at 10:33 AM.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »