Home

2012 AI Tactics and Settings

This is a discussion on 2012 AI Tactics and Settings within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-29-2011, 01:45 PM   #17
MVP

spit_bubble's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: 2012 AI Tactics and Settings

One thing I suggest is to check the set piece settings for "send player forward" or whatever it's called. I know in real life a lot of teams will send a center back forward on set pieces, because those guys are usually good at winning headers. Thing is in past versions of PES this option was never turned on by default, for any team. Don't know if that's changed this year, but it's a small detail that adds a bit of realism.

I think a good way to go about it would be to use this option for teams who have a defender with a really high header rating, and who also don't use a defender as a set piece taker (as that would send too many defenders forward at once).

Last edited by spit_bubble; 09-29-2011 at 01:50 PM. Reason: typo
Old 09-29-2011, 06:12 PM   #18
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEFTFUNDAMENTALZ
Thanks man. I really don't know much about the sport (never played it irl) so that is very helpful.

I read here http://worldsoccer.about.com/od/skil...cs/a/4-3-3.htm that 4-3-3 wasn't good if you plan on playing defensively. It suggested playing 4-1-4-1 when you needed to play defense, but that formation isn't in the game so I went with 4-2-3-1.

I randomly chose 4-3-3 and intend to build my MLO team around that philosophy. So, I am curious of what type of players play best in that formation. Seems I will have to play 4-2-3-1 until I make enough cash to sign some bigger names.
No problem but remember that you can manually drag players and create your own formation so technically you can create the 4-2-3-1.
Old 09-29-2011, 06:15 PM   #19
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

OVR: 10

Finally got the game guys! Should we use this thread to post team formations because that is kind of my plan. Stay tuned for some tactics and formation updates from me hopefully we can get some accurate running formations.
Old 09-29-2011, 09:44 PM   #20
Can't spell antetokounmpo

Bahnzo's Arena

OVR: 30

A couple links to some tactical changes...

First, here's a guy showing a formation and tactical changes for Barca. I tried it and it works fairly well.

http://forums.evo-web.co.uk/showpost...3&postcount=11

Second, I know this guy in the past has done some interesting stuff with FIFA & PES. There's not much there right now, but something to keep an eye on.

http://www.pescoach.com/
Old 09-29-2011, 09:54 PM   #21
MVP

spit_bubble's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahnzo
...So I guess the first thing is to understand which of the 4 Preset Tactics the CPU uses and when they use them? For instance, do they use the first Preset at the start of the game, or does it change based on Home/Away or being a stronger/weaker team?
It appears to be:

1. default
2. offensive
3. balanced
4. defensive

Though apparently not all teams have four different tactics, nor is it really clear how the AI uses them, or if they need to be in that order for the AI to use them correctly.

In other words if you put an offensive strategy in slot 4 will the AI still use that option when in need of a defensive strategy?

Based on the little icons of the manager on the menu I think each slot represents the situations I listed above. That would be my guess.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2011, 12:38 AM   #22
MVP

spit_bubble's Arena

^ I think I got that wrong, might also be:

1. default
2. defensive
3. balanced
4. offensive

Though that sort of goes against what the icons seem to indicate. Who knows, maybe there is no real order to them, and perhaps the AI can distinguish between them all by other means.
Old 09-30-2011, 02:42 PM   #23
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

OVR: 36

I'm gonna try watching some cpu vs cpu games after work, using the blimp camera to get a better idea of what tactics and formations are being used.
Old 09-30-2011, 11:00 PM   #24
Pro

EvanRG's Arena

OVR: 17

I wanted to see Spain dominate possession for the entire game so I switched their Tactics to Possession for all four slots. Matched them up against USA with USA having random form and Spain having GOOD form.

Spain won 3-1 with 23 shots and 10 on goal versus USA's 6 shots and 2 on goal. Even better yet, Spain finished with 59% possession to USA's 41%.

It was a treat to watch really.

Professional Difficulty, CPU vs CPU, -1 Gamespeed, 10 min halves.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »