Home

PES 2012 Demo 2 Impressions/Discussion

This is a discussion on PES 2012 Demo 2 Impressions/Discussion within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-14-2011, 10:56 AM   #65
Rookie

TGraen23's Arena

OVR: 4
I am noticing that I'll be dribbling up the side with Lennon or Bale and my player will randomly stop for a second, then continue dribbling. Am I the only one seeing this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2011, 11:02 AM   #66
Pro

Panicshade's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: 2nd Demo Available on X360 and PS3 Soon?

"Super Cancel" in games like Street Fighter is breaking the pre-set animation of one move by doing another move quickly after the first

I would assume the concept is the same here but I have no idea how to do it in this game (new to PES)

One question for PES players...how is Konami with post-release support (patches) for this series?
Old 09-14-2011, 11:11 AM   #67
Rookie

OVR: 1

Demo is now out on PS3 UK.
Old 09-14-2011, 11:40 AM   #68
MVP

OVR: 12

I'm on the Xbox 360 and I just have to say one thing: WOW!

I have played FIFA 09, 10, FIFA World Cup, and FIFA 11 - I have never seen the computer score on me so strategically as I did in the demo. I was floored. I don't even know a lot about soccer since I just got into it. However, the first time I turned on the demo it was clear that I had to think strategically during the entire match. Within mere minutes it had me thinking like a soccer player - who is making runs, I need to stick with my man, what's my strategy, think about who is where on the field.

The sickest set-up ever in sports video gaming happened to me this morning on the demo. As someone was coming into the box, me and several teammates collapsed on him. Then, he kicked it back to someone who was at least 5 to 10 yards behind him and had a good angle on the goal. That guy - likely without the ball even hitting the ground - fired it in for a goal. That put me on notice - this is real soccer baby! From that point on, I realized this game was going to make me think. I have never, ever been set up like that in FIFA. They really do have an A.I. that is amazing.

I have to appropriate Da Czar's famous quote and change it a bit: "Don't play video games people, play soccer!"

Now there have been many statements about the graphics being subpar - compared to FIFA. I almost expected 8-bit graphics - LOL! I would say the graphics are on par. Granted, the game does seem a tad dark and dull, and the presentation could use a refresh, but playing the game you don't feel like it's a step down in graphics. Admittedly, I did notice a slight hiccup every now and then. I do think, however, they should touch up the graphics and presentation. It does need that crisp visual impact. Especially when your gamers are playing NBA 2k, The Show and other games that are taking the presentation to the next level.

I will be getting this game. [Thanks to Panicshade for correcting me on the release date.]

Last edited by ZoneBlitz; 09-14-2011 at 12:28 PM.
Old 09-14-2011, 11:43 AM   #69
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGraen23
I am noticing that I'll be dribbling up the side with Lennon or Bale and my player will randomly stop for a second, then continue dribbling. Am I the only one seeing this?
No, there are some confirmed glitches with the compressed file size of the demo. It really hindered some of my experience with the demo.
Old 09-14-2011, 11:49 AM   #70
Pro

Panicshade's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoneBlitz
I will be getting this game. I'm just pissed it comes out October 14th here in the states. What!? After NBA 2k. I will still get it.
September 27th for North America
October 14th for Europe

http://www.amazon.com/Pro-Evolution-...=operasport-20

99 cents for release date delivery and $10 promotional bonus on a future Amazon.com purchase (good deal)

Last edited by Panicshade; 09-14-2011 at 11:55 AM.
Old 09-14-2011, 11:55 AM   #71
87%

ty5oke's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGraen23
I'm not so sure I agree with all this talk about "we have to fix the keepers". Watch a real soccer match for instance. Not every keeper is perfect and mistakes are made regularly. Anyone who watched Tottenham's GK last year would clearly understand where I'm coming from. I like the game as is tbh. Adds another element for me.
Keepers do seemed improved, just think they can be better. I think it all depends on what level of keepers you're playing with, the lower level keepers seem a little unrealistic in things they do. My only game I played of the 2nd demo, was Inter v Rangers (me), had 2 instances of poor keeping from my team.

1. Sneijder had a FK about the same spot where Villa hit that open netter against Chile in the last World cup. He lobbed one in, took a bounce and when into the net while my keeper made a late effort on the ball. The only thing that I could think of was my keeper was expecting the ball to come off the defender/striker trying to head the ball (although I doubt that, blocked vision or anticipating deflections is programmed). I'm not saying this never happens in real life, but just the way it looked as it happened seemed unrealistic and my first impression has me thinking stuff like this happens a bit too much for my liking.

2. Eto scored a goal, with what looked like the pace of a pass, past my goalie. I'm fine with him scoring as he was pretty wide open at the top of the box, but my goalie never reacted one bit. Didn't move a foot as the ball was slowly going towards goal.

I'm okay with the mistakes and them scoring the goals. It seems like instead of having balls go through their hands, they just have the goalies never get to the balls and at times it doesn't feel right.

Last edited by ty5oke; 09-14-2011 at 12:03 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2011, 12:08 PM   #72
Rookie

TGraen23's Arena

OVR: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by KG
No, there are some confirmed glitches with the compressed file size of the demo. It really hindered some of my experience with the demo.
That's unfortunate. While it's not completely ruining my experience, it sure is frustrating to not be able to dribble upfield very well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »