Home

PES 2012 Demo 2 Impressions/Discussion

This is a discussion on PES 2012 Demo 2 Impressions/Discussion within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-14-2011, 03:37 AM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: 2nd Demo Available on X360 and PS3 Soon?

Downloaded the demo for 360 and am loving it more than the first. The goalkeepers are definitely better, and I like how they give us different teams to play with. So far I've only been able to win with Inter, however. I tried showing my little brother PES since he likes playing FIFA. I'm a little embarrassed to say this, but he beat me both games we played. All his goals have been FIFA-style with crosses for the header, but to be honest, it was because I did a little FIFA-ball myself by thinking I could steal the ball whenever and score at will since he's a beginner PES player used to playing FIFA. When I did that he crossed it over to Eto'o for the header about three times with open space. Nice to know that beginners can also punish you in this game for underestimating them and being overzealous on defense.
Old 09-14-2011, 03:49 AM   #58
MVP

cookusu's Arena

OVR: 13

I am liking it. Played a fair amount of the PC demo too. Things I liked that I noticed, defenders take better angles on D and this leads to more realistic looking tackles and guys just using their body to shield players from the ball. I like the new preset tactics which you can change to with the d-pad. Also good teams will attack you more realistically and skill players are harder to defend.

Finally, managed to get a penalty shot and I think it is a huge improvement because I just barely moved the L stick and the ball just went a little of center and stayed low and the shot meter popped up too> I panicked though and didn't put a lot of power on the shot because of how sensitive it was last year so hopefully this is fixed.

Offsides seems to be more accurate, last year on set plays and corners seemed to have a lot of offsides caused by my guys not getting their butts back on side and the CPU for some reason thinking I was passing to them when I was passing to a guy onside.

Havent fully tried manual passing, using the assisted passing right now, I like it seems to be pretty reliable, cool thing is the defense reads your passes better and again makes it look more realistic.

Still don't see a lot of fouls but on the PC I was seeing more the more I played and I personally don't slide tackle much because I have been burned too much in the past so I tend not to commit a lot of fouls.

I really enjoyed last years game and they seemed to have addressed a lot of the things that they said they would, so I am hoping I will enjoy this more.
Old 09-14-2011, 06:39 AM   #59
Rookie

Randiesel75's Arena

OVR: 15
Question Re: 2nd Demo Available on X360 and PS3 Soon?

Anyone else notice its a bit more difficult to pickup the ball in PES 2012, especially whether or not the ball is in the air or on the ground? Now, I've only played 1 game on the 2nd demo, so it could totally be the lighting in the match I played. However, when the CPU was passing the ball around the pitch I had some trouble determining if the passes where actually lobbed or not.
Old 09-14-2011, 10:26 AM   #60
Rookie

TGraen23's Arena

OVR: 4
I'm not so sure I agree with all this talk about "we have to fix the keepers". Watch a real soccer match for instance. Not every keeper is perfect and mistakes are made regularly. Anyone who watched Tottenham's GK last year would clearly understand where I'm coming from. I like the game as is tbh. Adds another element for me.

Last edited by TGraen23; 09-14-2011 at 10:29 AM.
Old 09-14-2011, 10:30 AM   #61
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30

Anyone notice any slight freezing/hiccuping on the 360 version (during gameplay)?

Playing last night, I saw it about 8-10 times.

Anyways, I really like the game. Very fun and it just feels right. Sometimes the guys are caught on their "rails", but super cancel is the remedy. Variety of goals is always solid as was the case last year.

Keepers seem OK to me, but I am no soccer expert.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2011, 10:38 AM   #62
MVP

merchant1874's Arena

OVR: 6

I actually prefered the 1st demo. Felt a lot 'looser' and probably the most like last gen was. I feel the clunkiness has come back a bit.

It still has better ball physics and contol than FIFA and I love the animated sidelines ( who would think this would be so good?! FIFA, MAdden etc take note)

I sooooooo want this game to be how i remember it. It is definatly getting better but its still not there.
Old 09-14-2011, 10:49 AM   #63
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Unit40
Anyone notice any slight freezing/hiccuping on the 360 version (during gameplay)?

Anyways, I really like the game. Very fun and it just feels right. Sometimes the guys are caught on their "rails", but super cancel is the remedy. Variety of goals is always solid as was the case last year.

I noticed the hiccups a lot J. There is also a bug where your player makes a random turn. I only played one match last night but the game just seems alive to me. There is constant action going on. Still have to get a better feel but so far I like the return of speedy players like Lennon.
Old 09-14-2011, 10:49 AM   #64
Pro

Super Glock's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Unit40

What is super cancel?

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »