Home

PES 2012 Demo Thread (EU PS3 & PC Versions OUT, 360 Delayed)

This is a discussion on PES 2012 Demo Thread (EU PS3 & PC Versions OUT, 360 Delayed) within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 08-23-2011, 07:12 PM   #73
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: PES 2012 Demo Thread (PC Version OUT)

WTF, I am glad your liking the demo so far as are other soccer or footy noobs are. BAL should be excellent I hope I enjoy it a lot this year but I am vexed about getting it for the PS3 or the PC. These are my specs and I still don't feel the game runs that smooth, just a little off.

CPU:AMD Turion(tm) II P540 Dual-Core Processor x 2 ‎(2.39Ghz)‎
RAM: 3.8
GPU:AMD M880G with ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4250 ‎(PS3.0/VS3.0)‎
VRAM:256 MB
Old 08-23-2011, 07:17 PM   #74
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50

Are you playing with a Laptop or Desktop?

I'm on the desktop, and have no trouble at all maxing and if there are texture packs, etc, then I'll be good.

Depending on what kind of motherboard you have, you should be able to update for fairly cheap and go for PC.

After seeing the mods and how it changed the game this year... I'll definitely continue with the PC version.

I really got into PES 11... and now that i've played 12, it'll be my game of choice for a kick back and relax session.

I went back and played a game on PES 11 in my BAL campaign, and instantly got upset on Top Player. You recognize some of the cheesy tactic that the CPU does in order to stay close.

Regardless, seeing actual formations, both offensive and defensive, in the demo are a more than welcome sight.

The GK leaves a lot to be desired, but Konami has already said that they'll be fixed by next demo or retail release.
Old 08-23-2011, 07:21 PM   #75
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
Just rename/delete the file pes12pv.sfd in KONAMI\Pro Evolution Soccer 2012 DEMO\img and you're good to go
Works! Thanks, what an improvement. Hey, any way to save settings? I'm having to reconfig the sound options etc. whenever I go back into it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2011, 07:27 PM   #76
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

I am using a laptop and I use the hdmi cable to hook it up to my hdtv and play. I haven't had a desktop in years but if its because I am using a laptop that sucks. The game is playable but I just want it to run smooth. I notice it lags when I get to the control select screen but it plays fine until replays come up then the framerate drops again. If it can't be fix I guess I have to settle for the console version but it is sad because the mods are excellent for the PC like you said with people making fantastic kits. I really feel it is going to be even greater this year with many people making more mods because the PES is really great this year.
Old 08-23-2011, 07:28 PM   #77
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by peigone
Works! Thanks, what an improvement. Hey, any way to save settings? I'm having to reconfig the sound options etc. whenever I go back into it.
People are working on that right now as we speak.
Old 08-23-2011, 07:30 PM   #78
Banned

Royce, you have tried adjusting the video settings, right? PES 2011 ran as you described last year on my old laptop, but changing the settings fixed it completely.
Old 08-23-2011, 07:32 PM   #79
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyceDa59
People are working on that right now as we speak.
Ha-ha! Good stuff, thanks. BTW, did anyone download and try the adjust-camera mod? I couldn't figure out how to save the settings for it, so my changes never stuck.
Old 08-23-2011, 07:38 PM   #80
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50

Yeah, I'd definitely look into the settings, and once kitserver or something like it comes out, then you can adjust the player models to a lower quality so that replays won't stutter as bad for you. I can't imagine going back to console to game right now. I'm going to download both the PS3 and 360 Demo tomorrow, just to see if graphically I can tell a difference. Once the mods start rolling out, it'll be night and day...

I can't believe all of the people who have started modding the demo. It's one of the most active modding communities I've seen thus far. Those guys are hard core. Much respect to them.

Can't wait until they get the ability to save in the demo. I may retire from the demo early, that way it's 100% fresh to me when the retail drops. I don't want to burn myself out early, I want a long career in Football Life

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »