Home

Have you ever seen a BLOCKED FIELD GOAL in this game???

This is a discussion on Have you ever seen a BLOCKED FIELD GOAL in this game??? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-28-2014, 12:17 AM   #17
Hall Of Fame

superjames1992's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Have you ever seen a BLOCKED FIELD GOAL in this game???

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
I agree which is why I never take the field position. Instead I call FG return when I know that it'll be short. I then have my returner run out of bounds at the 20 yds line to simulate a punt with a touchback.
I might have to start doing that. I hadn't thought of it.
Old 10-28-2014, 05:43 PM   #18
Rookie

MWit28725's Arena

OVR: 5

I had an extra point blocked in an OD user game. It was the 1st time both he and I had seen a blocked kick. His user-controlled DT (to the right of the center) busted through the line and he jumped, blocking it with the outstretched hand.

I've tried since to replicate it, but haven't really even come close.
Old 10-29-2014, 04:27 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 0

thanks for the video, I've been playing madden and NCAA for the best part of a decade and had never seen a blocked PAT or FG in all that time.

has anyone ever seen a bad snap/fumble by placeholder? I'd imagine it doesnt exist in the game, but it should. Come to think of it, i've never had a centre shotgun snap over my QB's head either (or a LS over the punter's head)

EA Sports; it's in the game... right? RIGHT?
Old 10-29-2014, 09:36 AM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by leedsbear

EA Sports; it's in the game... right? RIGHT?
LOL. Good thing they modified it from the more boastful, "If it's in the game, it's in the game"!
Old 10-29-2014, 03:26 PM   #21
MVP

OVR: 8

I saw a blocked FG one time in the PS3/360 era (hate considering it "last gen" now) and, from what I remember, there wasn't even any excitement in the commentary for it...I think it was just something like "He missed it!" or "It's no good!" Bottom line...if they couldn't at least record one unique "The kick is blocked!" line to the game, they must know it's nearly impossible to pull off. My guess is that they saw a way to implement something but there was way too much potential for cheese (Tecmo Bowl, anyone?) and scrapped it.

Knowing how these things work, it would've happened too often so they could show it off. I remember something like that happening back when they introduced bad snaps one year. Suddenly, every QB in the game would miss a snap every couple of games no matter what.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-29-2014, 06:56 PM   #22
Pro

barsoffury's Arena

OVR: 2

I've only seen it once. Happened during online play and I was setting up for an extra point. I pulled the arrow down to kick a line drive and the other user timed the snap perfectly, broke through the line just a bit and because of the low kick it got blocked.
Old 10-29-2014, 11:12 PM   #23
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

OVR: 18

How bad snaps on special teams have you guys seen?

Oh, right.

If it's in the game...
Old 10-30-2014, 03:07 AM   #24
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

The game doesn't render any blocks on special teams IMO...

If it does it is very rare and I can assure you it won't be the CPU AI....

They actually did a better job in special teams returns for kick off and punts but they totally ignored blocked FG's and Punts....

I think EA's response for bad snaps was that they didn't want to upset the USER player if his controlled player cost him a game do to a bad snap LOL!

This is what was relayed to me over VSN.com when one of the guys interviewed a EA guy.

I personally don't think they their motto "If it's in the game it's in the game" apply's anymore because there are things missing in Madden, NCAA Football and now NBA Live 15 that you see in those sports every day or every week yet it's not replicated in our games.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »