Home

NCAA 2014 FOUR Team Playoff Guide, Plus more Modding

This is a discussion on NCAA 2014 FOUR Team Playoff Guide, Plus more Modding within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 05-12-2015, 11:29 AM   #849
Pro

tarheelguy4736's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: NCAA 2014 FOUR Team Playoff Guide, Plus more Modding

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
Are you using PocketScout's config file or something else? Try PocketScout's if you're not already.
No, I was using the other one that was by Xanathol. Ill try PocketScout's when I get home later this evening. My problem might be that I am saving the dynasty on the hard drive and then inserting the USB in the xbox and making a copy of it on the USB. Ill try just loading the dynasty on the xbox and then just saving it straight from the game to the USB and see if it will work.

The reason I wanted to use Xanathol's was for stat tracking purposes and I wanted to see everything in the dynasty but Ill still give PocketScout's a shot.
Old 05-12-2015, 11:33 AM   #850
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheelguy4736
No, I was using the other one that was by Xanathol. Ill try PocketScout's when I get home later this evening. My problem might be that I am saving the dynasty on the hard drive and then inserting the USB in the xbox and making a copy of it on the USB. Ill try just loading the dynasty on the xbox and then just saving it straight from the game to the USB and see if it will work.

The reason I wanted to use Xanathol's was for stat tracking purposes and I wanted to see everything in the dynasty but Ill still give PocketScout's a shot.
It'd be nice to get everything in Xanathol's, but I've only gotten his to work a couple of times (I've been using the editor for over a year). I've never had an issue with PocketScout's.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 05-12-2015, 11:45 AM   #851
Pro

tarheelguy4736's Arena

Quote:
It'd be nice to get everything in Xanathol's, but I've only gotten his to work a couple of times (I've been using the editor for over a year). I've never had an issue with PocketScout's.
Do you use another type of system to keep track of the stats? Not sure if you hold on to stats after multiple season. Im all about stats and tracking things so Xanathol's would have been a big help.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-12-2015, 12:06 PM   #852
MVP

Mjphillips's Arena

OVR: 10

Are we certain that the recruiting sanctions work? I've tried it and Navy still got over 20 recruits.. Gonna try again after this 2029 season, since I'm playing navy in the NC right now. Please let me know how others have faired with the recruiting sanctions. Hopefully I've done something wrong.
Old 05-12-2015, 01:54 PM   #853
Banned

martywebb's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:

I've always saved to the Xbox. Backed out to the Dashboard, and copied it over to USB. Never had an issue doing it that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjphillips
Are we certain that the recruiting sanctions work? I've tried it and Navy still got over 20 recruits.. Gonna try again after this 2029 season, since I'm playing navy in the NC right now. Please let me know how others have faired with the recruiting sanctions. Hopefully I've done something wrong.
I'm not so sure it works. Same thing happened in my dynasty, BUT it did knock down Army to a two-star prestige. (I cannot remember, I may have done that manually)
Old 05-12-2015, 02:34 PM   #854
MVP

jello1717's Arena

Quote:
Do you use another type of system to keep track of the stats? Not sure if you hold on to stats after multiple season. Im all about stats and tracking things so Xanathol's would have been a big help.
I have a very comprehensive spreadsheet that I've used to track my dynasties for the past few NCAA releases.

I track recruiting, record (career, w/ each team, vs top 25, vs rivals, vs all other teams, etc, etc), trophy winners, former assistant coaches' head coaching careers, passing/rushing/receiving/defense/kicking/punting/returning stats, as well as other things. All of my stats are filterable/sortable by opponents, games, seasons, careers, etc.

Attached are a few screenshot of some of my pages.
Attached Images
File Type: png defense.PNG (101.3 KB, 180 views)
File Type: png passing.PNG (80.9 KB, 191 views)
File Type: png recruiting.PNG (125.8 KB, 190 views)
File Type: png dynasty info.PNG (126.4 KB, 187 views)
File Type: png records.PNG (163.8 KB, 186 views)
Old 05-12-2015, 03:15 PM   #855
Pro

tarheelguy4736's Arena

Quote:
I have a very comprehensive spreadsheet that I've used to track my dynasties for the past few NCAA releases.

I track recruiting, record (career, w/ each team, vs top 25, vs rivals, vs all other teams, etc, etc), trophy winners, former assistant coaches' head coaching careers, passing/rushing/receiving/defense/kicking/punting/returning stats, as well as other things. All of my stats are filterable/sortable by opponents, games, seasons, careers, etc.

Attached are a few screenshot of some of my pages.
Thats awesome. Something I kind of want to do as well. Im assuming you input everything manually?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-12-2015, 04:36 PM   #856
MVP

jello1717's Arena

Quote:
Thats awesome. Something I kind of want to do as well. Im assuming you input everything manually?
Mostly. For my stats I spend < 5 minutes after every game inputting the stats from that game into a tab like that attached. Then all of the season and career stuff is summed for me.

For the records, after each game I input the stuff in the red box below (rankings, POTG, my score and their score). The W/L result is calculated for me and then used to automatically determine the rest of the stuff you see on that page (career record @ my schools, career, conference, rivalry, home, road, top 25 records, records against all other schools). I don't have to manually enter any of that. As you can see from my comment boxed in green, I have a ton of hidden columns that are used to calculate all that stuff with formulas like this:
Code:
=IF(D577="CCG",0,IF(D577="Quarters",0,IF(D577="Semis",0,IF(D577="Finals",0,IF(D577="Bowl",0,IF(I577<>"@",IF(C577="HC",IF(O577="L",1,0),0),0))))))
which says if it's not a CCG for a playoff game, and it's not "@" another school, and I'm the head coach (I don't track my record when I'm a coordinator), and the result was a loss, then count it as a HOME LOSS.

I manually enter my recruits as a sign them. The recruiting totals (total #, # of 5*s, 4*s, etc) are calculated for me.

All of the stuff on my dynasty info page (award winners, top 25, etc) is manually entered.
Attached Images
File Type: png game rushing.PNG (35.3 KB, 190 views)
File Type: png records.PNG (195.3 KB, 183 views)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »