Home

The Official NCAA 14 Flexbone Offense Thread

This is a discussion on The Official NCAA 14 Flexbone Offense Thread within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 07-22-2013, 05:49 PM   #137
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: The Official NCAA 14 Flexbone Offense Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by volwalker
Even against 3-4 solid? The three d-lineman are bunched up. Also How does everbody set up their six main audibles for this offense? These audible would be easier to use since most of us use the same formation 80% of the time.
When they go into the "solid" look you should be able to run the triple once again, as the OLB should be the read guy, and the safety will become the pitch guy.

What I like to do against this, however, is run FB Load option and speed options with the OLB as the read guy as this formation takes all of their DL out of the play when you go outside.

For audibles, if you PM me I will share what I use with you and give reasoning behind them.
Old 07-24-2013, 04:38 PM   #138
Rookie

What kind of sliders/slider sets do you guys like using with this offense? The way I see it, the people who use the flexbone exclusively may have to tweak the sliders a little differently from those who run a pro-style or even spread offense. Just curious what people are trying out in this area.
Old 07-24-2013, 05:29 PM   #139
Staff Writer

jmik58's Arena

OVR: 42

I have audibles for a FB dive, Triple Option, WB Toss, Slants, and Flanker Dig.

Teams have the most success against me in a 3-4 look with the OLBs walked up. This puts pressure on me to make reads in a hurry. When I see the huge gap between B and C gaps I audible to the FB dive. If they adjust, I go back to Triple Option.

Sometimes they'll go TNT with their alignment over my guards and center, to which I go to the Triple or just try to angly my FB dive off-tackle. The short answer: A lot of audibles!

As for sliders, I jack the CPU run defense up to 80 and have run blocking around 30 for HUM. Tackling is also up around 60 for the CPU.
Old 07-25-2013, 02:20 AM   #140
The Legendary Roots Crew

Sublime12089's Arena

OVR: 10
If you run out of the flex bone normal primarily you may want to reconsider slants since you should already have it as your quick pass quick audible

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Tapatalk 2
Old 07-25-2013, 09:21 AM   #141
Rookie

Slants and dive both should be quick audibles
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2013, 05:48 AM   #142
Just started!

Anybody else struggling with this offense online this year? I feel as if there is inherently too much risk running the flexbone when games inevitably become a shoot out.
Old 07-28-2013, 12:18 AM   #143
Rookie

gatorsinRENO's Arena

OVR: 1

Florida makes an excellent candidate for the flex this year, already two solid a-backs, a sturdy b-back, and Driskell! hey muschamp/ Pease, you guys should check it out lol
Old 07-28-2013, 01:09 AM   #144
Rookie

JakeReaves's Arena

Are you guys having any success with the passing game out of the flex? Please give me some nice plays and route combinations to use. I cant pass to save my life, NOBODY is open deep EVER.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »