Home

Dynamic Player Development

This is a discussion on Dynamic Player Development within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 02-27-2012, 06:56 PM   #41
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

OVR: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntswithweim
EA can’t get pass trajectory right and you expect them to do something like this. They wouldn’t even let you hire your OC and DC as a Head Coach last year. I like your idea, but you might as well ask for players that shoot rockets out their butts.fficeffice" />>>
You think that's more likely? I think I'll ask Ben on those q&a's he has where he avoids alot of questions.

If you can't tell I LOVE DUKE!!!!!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-27-2012, 08:01 PM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Dynamic Player Development

Quote:
Originally Posted by theharbinater
would be easy to cheese that. just put every player in for 1 play in every game.

it needs to be a small #, but lets say a max of 1 point of awr gained per game played, with that 1 point being multiplied by # of snaps played/total # of snaps in game.

and have it be both off and def plays. that way, if you play a cb or wr both ways some, they gain those points as well.

for example:

a frosh mlb plays 10 plays while giving the starter a breather. there were 115 plays in that game, so he gained .09 (1*10/115).

next game the starter gets hurt early, and he plays most d snaps, say 50 (of 60). total of 120 plays. so he gained .42 awr. that game.

an example of a wr/cb would be:
say you had a jr cb with great speed and liked to use him on off for a few plays a game, he should get an awr boost for that also. say he plays most d snaps (55) and 6 off snaps for a total of 61 snaps. 120 totals snaps again. he gained .51 awr (.46 for his def play and .05 for off).

would be easy, as far as calculation, to add in sp teams also. but ncaa already compiles the off and def and total plays per game. shouldn't be much to add sp teams to that total, but just used what they had already available.

that would be good for returners and k/p, as well as getting some of your frosh awr up before they become contributors/starters.

THis is a GREAT idea...because it would also add the strategy of playing your younger players (at end of games, or just getting them experience).

Now i like to just blow out teams with my starters, because the young guys progress whether they play or not. This would add great strategy.

Like you have a stud QB Senior and a frosh backup. You want to get the frosh as much PT as possible so his AWR increases by next season.
Old 02-27-2012, 09:09 PM   #43
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Just happened to stumble on this thread but I am normally in the Madden forum. Anyway, great ideas in this thread that I read, didn't read every page but there is something I have never understood. EA has already created a really good system that was in HC09, so I don't know why there isn't an applicable version of that in NCAA and Madden. Also, why NCAA and Madden ratings aren't scaled together, meaning the top collegiate players in NCAA being rated based on how they would be in Madden. So we would have a true continuation of player progression out of NCAA, into Madden.

I think it would be fun to have a player in NCAA come in as a Freshman rated like a 30 OVR, only increase at best to maybe 70, which would be pretty elite in college and enter Madden at that same rating to potentially continue their career progression. I hope people understand what I am saying and it seems it would definitely make NCAA of must buy for some
Old 02-27-2012, 09:36 PM   #44
Just Bad at Everything

TheNumber35's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
Just happened to stumble on this thread but I am normally in the Madden forum. Anyway, great ideas in this thread that I read, didn't read every page but there is something I have never understood. EA has already created a really good system that was in HC09, so I don't know why there isn't an applicable version of that in NCAA and Madden. Also, why NCAA and Madden ratings aren't scaled together, meaning the top collegiate players in NCAA being rated based on how they would be in Madden. So we would have a true continuation of player progression out of NCAA, into Madden.

I think it would be fun to have a player in NCAA come in as a Freshman rated like a 30 OVR, only increase at best to maybe 70, which would be pretty elite in college and enter Madden at that same rating to potentially continue their career progression. I hope people understand what I am saying and it seems it would definitely make NCAA of must buy for some
I really like this idea, what they could also do is have some sort of dual rating system to appease the people who like having the 99 OVR...like where you could view your guys under two spectrums: NFL and NCAA level.

The NCAA would be the guys ratings in relationship to the collegiate level of competition, so you would still have the high ratings for this game and people could enjoy the thrill of having a guy who is the best of the best at that level, and his ratings show it (some people just like seeing that 99 OVR for whatever reason)

But then, you could view your guys (and other guys) in terms of their NFL ratings. Like how they would project out to Madden and what their ratings would be in that game.
Old 02-27-2012, 10:22 PM   #45
Banned

therealslimshady's Arena

OVR: 4

WAIT!!!! HOLD ON.... This is a great idea! EA Nothing to see here move along with your stupid ideas such as 3d grass and terrible game play.

I think this is one of the greatest ideas to this game yet. As others have said, I am so sick of seeing the same recruit faces, same attributes, having to go after 4 and 5* guys only if I want to compete. I really hope 13 has some improvements and I know they are well into testing at this point to where this cannot be added, but please EA this is my plea to you. Listen to what we have to say as we, the consumer, have great ideas to help you guys out!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-28-2012, 12:12 AM   #46
Rookie

huntswithweim's Arena

OVR: 1

This idea would be an incredible addition to the game. Maybe EA should hire the Op and a few others as I have completely lost hope of the current designers of this game. Asking the current NCAA staff to implent this idea/ process would be like asking a chimp to cure cancer. It wouldn’t, it would just throw crap at it which is the same thing the current NCAA staff currently doing.
Old 02-28-2012, 12:37 AM   #47
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNumber35
I really like this idea, what they could also do is have some sort of dual rating system to appease the people who like having the 99 OVR...like where you could view your guys under two spectrums: NFL and NCAA level.

The NCAA would be the guys ratings in relationship to the collegiate level of competition, so you would still have the high ratings for this game and people could enjoy the thrill of having a guy who is the best of the best at that level, and his ratings show it (some people just like seeing that 99 OVR for whatever reason)

But then, you could view your guys (and other guys) in terms of their NFL ratings. Like how they would project out to Madden and what their ratings would be in that game.
I don't play madden so this really is not a good idea to ppl like me.

Old 02-28-2012, 12:38 AM   #48
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by therealslimshady
WAIT!!!! HOLD ON.... This is a great idea! EA Nothing to see here move along with your stupid ideas such as 3d grass and terrible game play.

I think this is one of the greatest ideas to this game yet. As others have said, I am so sick of seeing the same recruit faces, same attributes, having to go after 4 and 5* guys only if I want to compete. I really hope 13 has some improvements and I know they are well into testing at this point to where this cannot be added, but please EA this is my plea to you. Listen to what we have to say as we, the consumer, have great ideas to help you guys out!
Well don't call them stupid then ask them to add this to the game. Just a thought. You get more down with sugar than vinegar.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »