Home

Dynamic Player Development

This is a discussion on Dynamic Player Development within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 02-20-2012, 11:03 AM   #17
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

OVR: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubs017
How do you decide who gets to hire those coaches or scouts? Does every team have a budget? How do you determine what that budget is?
School prestige, just like the recruits the coaches will have potential so they may grow to be a diamond in the rough. But some coaches will only go to very prestigous schools because they themselves are a hot commodity, while others have no hype and are just looking to get their feet wet.

If you can't tell I LOVE DUKE!!!!!!!!
Old 02-20-2012, 11:15 AM   #18
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

OVR: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricanefootball4
Haha, I understand the concern here. I intentionally didn't want to get down to a position coaches level.

But an S&C coach is arguably the 2nd most important person on a football team's staff.

So much of college football is about physical development and weight & strength increases. I think it's important to add an S&C coach but it doesn't need to go beyond that.

The issue is that he has poor work ethic - so he's not in his playbook, etc etc. In real life it's actually more common for a guy like this to regress in a program.

It think it should possible for a player with a work ethic of F to end their career with a worse rating than they started.
I'm completely behind this system. It is better than ANYTHING we have now and it would allow for a more realistic progression. I know this has nothing to do with it but player's tendencies with this would make the NCAA Football experience different each time we play a dynasty.

If you can't tell I LOVE DUKE!!!!!!!!
Old 02-20-2012, 01:41 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Dynamic Player Development

Even though I don't post on here very often, I must say this is one of the best ideas I've seen. One question though, if say a 5 star WR like the one you described went to a bad system but instead of a D work ethic say had a A work ethic would you say that he would go from an 80 to say an 88 by the end of his career? I think even if a player wasn't in the right system his work ethic should still allow him to become a better player and become one of those players that could be a bit of a surprise in the NFL.
NHL - Red wings
MLB - Tigers
Old 02-21-2012, 01:19 PM   #20
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbails35
Even though I don't post on here very often, I must say this is one of the best ideas I've seen. One question though, if say a 5 star WR like the one you described went to a bad system but instead of a D work ethic say had a A work ethic would you say that he would go from an 80 to say an 88 by the end of his career? I think even if a player wasn't in the right system his work ethic should still allow him to become a better player and become one of those players that could be a bit of a surprise in the NFL.
I love this idea myself. I'm not the OP so I'll let him answer your question for himself but my thought would be that he'd have certain skills improve but that they would be along the lines of the system he's in. So, a 5 star WR goes to Navy and has an A work ethic...his catching, route running, etc. would improve a little despite the program not being ideal but his run blocking and carrying skills would likely improve more because that is the focus of the training.

Also, to phily's question about seeing the work ethic during recruiting...I'd say that we should be given an option to call the kid's high school coach. Maybe it's one of the options during the call but I think it should maybe cost more to do that. My thinking there is that, if it's just a 10-minute thing, I don't know why I wouldn't do that for every guy. Also, if that's the option, it should be a little more broad than even a letter grade would be. The kid might work hard for that coach but not necessarily have a good work ethic for someone else. Again, just my thought on it...
Old 02-21-2012, 01:35 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 1

if EA can fix this, game play, and add to in game presentation they will have my business again (probably wont happen and they will still get my business anyway!)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-21-2012, 01:40 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbails35

i agree, and even would take it a step further in that they can still reach full potential (or very close) without being in the perfect system.

perfect example: julio jones.

was a freak athlete coming out of hs, and had a freak work ethic to go with it. bama isn't exactly known for chunking the rock, but by the time julio left for the nfl, he was easily one of the best wr's (and overall players even) in the nation.

he didn't get gaudy #'s cause of the system bama has, but his progression wasn't hurt by that.
Old 02-21-2012, 01:58 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 2

as for the scouting of players, i've had a couple ideas:

1 - before the season (i.e. summer) have camps where a bunch of regional players go to. each region will have say 5 weeks, with 3 separate camps each week and say 20 different kids in each camp:
camp A - highly prestigious, mostly made up of big names
camp B - mid level
camp C - low level

your coach can go to any you choose, but you must be aware of your prestige as a school and coach to know if it's worth it.

you also must be aware of what region you go to. you can go to any of them, but will a pacific region camp be worth it if you're in acc?

while at the camp of your choosing, depending on your recruiting/scouting rating as a coach and school prestige, etc., you'll both gain interest of kids at that camp and open up some of their ratings.

2 - similarly, have coaches be able to hold 1-2 "jr days" or camps at their school before the recruits sr season starts.

this time, you pick 40-50 kids to invite to your school's camp. but you can't just pick the top 50 players. again, it'll be based on regional biases (i.e. few west coast kids will accept your invite if you're on east coast) and school/coach prestige vs recruit ranking (i.e. higher ranked kids will more readily accept invites to bigger name schools/coaches, etc.).

again, based on you coaches scouting and recruiting, you'll learn about the recruits skills/attributes at your camp and gain interest.

if you wanted to make this a mini-game itself in multiplayer dynasties, make it 4-5 weeks, with the recruits only being able to attend 1 camp per week (like the visit in season now) and players will be fighting each other for those recruits.

mostly, i'd like some way to get to see a wide range of kids over a short time period to get an idea of who i want to pursue, and back up plans when some sign elsewhere so i don't have to start from scratch.
Old 02-21-2012, 06:35 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 4

I think work ethic can change depending on coach or maturity of player. So maybe it starts out bad or good but changes with coaching change or depth at position.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »