Home

Alt Unis Tomorrow - Free

This is a discussion on Alt Unis Tomorrow - Free within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 11-30-2006, 10:59 AM   #41
MVP

parker002's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Alt Unis Tomorrow - Free

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkrause1971
Its a small sample from one small crosssection of the gaming community you tard. Unless you asked every person with the game if they are going to buy it you would have to base possible sales on sample sizes.
ROFL

Break out the "tard" comment when that's all you've got.

You absolutely would use sample sizes. Of course, in your example you didn't even consider how many of those 10K people said "**** it, I'm not paying for this **** when it's 4 months late".

Nor did you example factor in the negative marketing of such a move.

EDIT: Your example also assumes 100% of the listed price of the download goes straight to EA's bottom line. It most certainly doesn't - we know for a fact that some of it goes to Microsoft, for example.

Last edited by parker002; 11-30-2006 at 11:06 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-30-2006, 12:23 PM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by parker002
You didn't lay down $60 for alternate uniforms. There's no mention of them anywhere in the packaging for the game.
I'm aware of that and that this one little thing really shouldn't make or break anything. My point is that this little ticky tac kind of thing tends to pile up after a while. The entire "if it's in the game" thing has lost its validity. For the amount of money that people plunk down on this game (and I know that nobody was forcing me or anyone else to. that has no relationship to my complaint as that there is no other option as far as a ncaa fb game) I would expect that things be done right more often than not. While things are more or less good to go with this game, there are enough valid gripes that the little things that aren't done with full attention or punctuality tend to be the straw that broke the camel's back. After stupid free safeties, time traveling linebackers with 25 foot verticals, frozen games, quarterbacks that make barry sanders look like a lineman, and so on...I want this alt uni thing to be done thoroughly and correctly.
Old 11-30-2006, 12:36 PM   #43
MVP

parker002's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by granvilleberry
I'm aware of that and that this one little thing really shouldn't make or break anything. My point is that this little ticky tac kind of thing tends to pile up after a while. The entire "if it's in the game" thing has lost its validity. For the amount of money that people plunk down on this game (and I know that nobody was forcing me or anyone else to. that has no relationship to my complaint as that there is no other option as far as a ncaa fb game) I would expect that things be done right more often than not. While things are more or less good to go with this game, there are enough valid gripes that the little things that aren't done with full attention or punctuality tend to be the straw that broke the camel's back. After stupid free safeties, time traveling linebackers with 25 foot verticals, frozen games, quarterbacks that make barry sanders look like a lineman, and so on...I want this alt uni thing to be done thoroughly and correctly.
I understand and fully agree.

But at some point people need to temper their expectations with at least a shred of reality.

For instance, you say you want this to "be done thoroughly and correctly." Would you rather wait for NCAA to be released in August, as opposed to July, if it meant perfecting some of those things you mentioned above?

Regardless of what EA does or doesn't do, you're going to have bulletin boards across the Interweb bitching about it...
Old 11-30-2006, 12:37 PM   #44
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
ROFL

Break out the "tard" comment when that's all you've got.

You absolutely would use sample sizes. Of course, in your example you didn't even consider how many of those 10K people said "**** it, I'm not paying for this **** when it's 4 months late".

Nor did you example factor in the negative marketing of such a move.

EDIT: Your example also assumes 100% of the listed price of the download goes straight to EA's bottom line. It most certainly doesn't - we know for a fact that some of it goes to Microsoft, for example.
Uhhh...what exactly are you trying to prove here? He never mentioned sales figures as far as I can see...

On topic...I'm pumped for these uni's and the fact that they're free is even better. Any idea why EA is splitting them up like they are rather than doing one large dl? If it's an issue of memory space, do it both ways. Seems to me that if you don't want all of them, you don't have to use all of them but it's much easier than downloading a bunch of different packs. Regardless, I'll be grabbing them in the next couple days...
Old 11-30-2006, 12:49 PM   #45
MVP

parker002's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodjer
Uhhh...what exactly are you trying to prove here? He never mentioned sales figures as far as I can see...

On topic...I'm pumped for these uni's and the fact that they're free is even better. Any idea why EA is splitting them up like they are rather than doing one large dl? If it's an issue of memory space, do it both ways. Seems to me that if you don't want all of them, you don't have to use all of them but it's much easier than downloading a bunch of different packs. Regardless, I'll be grabbing them in the next couple days...
Did you even read his post?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-30-2006, 12:57 PM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
I understand and fully agree.

But at some point people need to temper their expectations with at least a shred of reality.

For instance, you say you want this to "be done thoroughly and correctly." Would you rather wait for NCAA to be released in August, as opposed to July, if it meant perfecting some of those things you mentioned above?

Regardless of what EA does or doesn't do, you're going to have bulletin boards across the Interweb bitching about it...
If it was August with the full treatment rather than July with some things left out (bowl stadiums, alt unis, and a little more polish on the AI) I'd say August. I may not say that come this summer, but hopefully they'll fix some of the slip ups and it won't be an issue.
Old 11-30-2006, 01:13 PM   #47
Pro

gamemaster-2005's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltman
Bout' damn time, they are only doing this because M$ called their bluff and told them they can only charge for content not on current gen systems. I expect that EA will follow suit and do the same on Madden.

I'm glad I have them for UH Warriors though, but pissed at stupid EA at the same time.

EA remember, this does not save face you punks.

I guess we all know what that means next year they will take them out of current gen systems and charge for them watch.
Old 11-30-2006, 01:39 PM   #48
MVP

Quote:
Did you even read his post?
Yes, in fact, I did. Did you?

In response to your comment that EA couldn't sell the jerseys because there was "NO MARKET," he pointed out the traffic for this thread and said that would indicate a potential market. You then responded with your 'ocean turning to red wine' comment. He pointed out that he was using a small sample to support his idea that there is a market. Granted, the "tard" comment wasn't appropriate. Now, tell me where he started projecting sales figures and how much money EA could make off of it. This is what you seem to be accusing him of by arguing that he didn't factor in people that wouldn't buy them because they're late, the negative marketing impact, and the cut that MS gets. He never said anything about EA making a profit...just that there is at least a small market that would have paid for them.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »