Home

Weather & Player speed

This is a discussion on Weather & Player speed within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 05-17-2024, 11:17 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40
Weather & Player speed

I noticed the trailer didn't show any footage of bad weather.

As we all know weather is huge part of the sport and for the past decade the weather effects snow and rain have both been copied and pasted every year without any changes in Madden.

Definitely hope EA took a different approach to this and give us a much more improved looking game in terms of weather conditions.

As for player speed/movement the trailer was hard to gauge anything. But for those who remember the player speed and movement in Madden 21 for PS5 & XBOX series S Ea had finally delivered a terrific player movement system. The players felt like they had Weight to them and speed was on point in that game.

In fact that was the best moving madden game imo since coming to NG systems

I would love for EACFB to utilize the Madden 21 player movement.

They've since speeded up the game for all other versions after 21.

I'm as excited as everyone else following the trailer. But I feel with great atmosphere in this game having much improved weather effects and player movement would make this game even more legendary on it's return.

Other games have rendered great looking snow and rain I hope EA doesn't kill the immersion factor after a 10 year wait giving us that same madden look

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2024, 11:20 PM   #2
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Weather & Player speed

There was a hint of weather shown the snow of Wyoming entrance and rain on the helmet I think it’s in Washington
Old 05-17-2024, 11:23 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan
There was a hint of weather shown the snow of Wyoming entrance and rain on the helmet I think it’s in Washington
Thanks for the heads up

I got to go back and take a look at the trailer again

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 05-17-2024, 11:26 PM   #4
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

Pouring rain in the Washington tunnel clip, and snow in the Wyoming clip. I was trying to get a look at the part of the field that was shown to see if it was covered entirely. Couldn't tell.
Old 05-17-2024, 11:34 PM   #5
Keep the Faith

TripleCrown9's Arena

OVR: 28

It's also raining in the clip of the Oregon mascot, and one of the Oklahoma shots.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-18-2024, 01:21 AM   #6
Rookie

Razor Hogs's Arena

OVR: 0

Yea I think the weather elements are looking good as well, especially at Washington. It rains alot there in the fall so its very realistic.

The snow at Wyoming looks really good also, I love how they touch that cowboy statue too (I have never seen that before). I now may have to schedule a non con game in Laramie lol.

Arkansas Razorbacks
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Pistons
Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Lions
Old 05-18-2024, 09:10 AM   #7
Rookie

MemTigerfan6's Arena

OVR: 0

I'm right there with y'all about the weather it's the most important small feature in this game for me. If we don't have changeable weather degrees and heavy snow/different weather effects from Madden I'll be immensely disappointed. Fingers crossed we get all that. Or better yet have us customize it like overcast in 1st light rain in 2nd sun peeking out of clouds in 3rd and sun setting in 4th.

It's unfortunate TOM III (live Tiger mascot) passed away in 2020 love ya T3 and the Tiger Guard are too heartbroken to do a TOM IV.
I'm hoping Pouncer the Tiger (costumed mascot) is in the game. It'll be for the first time in franchise history so it would be awesome to see him on the sidelines getting the crowd amped. It would be also amazing to have "I'm so glad" song sung by the students or the Tiger Walk or how after a win sections of the crowd chants " Whoop That Trick " or the team leading the band and students in the Alma mater song but I'm not holding my breath for any of those.

I'll take Pouncer all the lovely Memphis uniforms combinations (please EA! Lol) and a great detailed locker room shot before they run out onto the field and call it a day. Sorry for the ramble I'm amped to see the phenomenal stadium renovations in 2026 both IRL and in that year's version of the game. GTG! And welcome back CFB!
Old 05-18-2024, 09:46 AM   #8
Pro

poulka's Arena

OVR: 8

I agree with this thread with my whole heart. I hope we get dynamic and varying weather. The weather in Madden has been the same since Xbox one and ps4 came out and no changes at all.

Also on side note that goes with this, but this will a telling sign too. Madden 13 (last Madden on ps3 and 360) was the last Madden that had lighting that changed per snap. I just happened to see this last week. Remember how the old ncaa team prided them on getting the lighting correct. Going as far as going to different stadiums and capturing the sunset at different times of and different times of year. You can find this on YouTube with three part series that featured on ESPN on the making of ncaa 13 I believe.

Mighty big coincidence that Madden had decent lighting and weather until ncaa football got canceled. Then the weather has been the same since. Hoping with ncaa back we get real weather in both titles. One thing that still is concerning while looking at the pre order for Madden you still have last gen as an option. Just why?
F1 2021 Aston Martin Racing
Madden 23 Random play now matchups
Zelda Tears of the Kingdom

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »