Home

EA Sports College Football 25 Should Only Come Out on Current-Gen Consoles

This is a discussion on EA Sports College Football 25 Should Only Come Out on Current-Gen Consoles within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 05-09-2024, 06:13 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: EA Sports College Football 25 Should Only Come Out on Current-Gen Consoles

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleCrown9
Just curious, why would it be a given? Simply because they missed a generation?
Yep missed xbox one and ps4
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-09-2024, 06:22 PM   #26
Pro

poulka's Arena

OVR: 8

I may be in the minority here, but I think EA needs to draw a line in the sand here and make NCAA current gen only. I have been in sports gaming since double dribble.

This game has been in development for two years, not an annual release or a last gen counterpart to build off of is my first reason.

Second reason is like someone said earlier PS5 Pro is coming out later this year. We have a whole genre of (sport titles) that have not been exclusive to current gen. Why is a slightly upgraded console will come out before a truly current gen just tells me where sports gaming has fallen to.

Bear with me, when last gen came out we were promised living worlds. Now I have seen living worlds in other genres, but not most sports titles. Someone else said earlier that next gen could not add anything but mainly mesh and cloth physics. I beg the differ since last gen sports gaming has grown downright dull.

If a game is truly next gen the game (an actual game) will give us an experience that feels unique. Madden for example every game feels the same sounds the same whether eagles vs cowboys or eagles vs cardinals. Games need variety in commentary, which looks like one thing we are getting. But about rivalry games being and the whole game feels like an experience. The audio is ramped up hearing unique chants and cheers for that game. Lastly weather should be unique per game no two games have the same weather for weeks on end. So current to me can make all of this happen. Now is the time because a time 20 years ago when a new game came out sports games were the ones used to show the leap and processing power difference. Now it is opposite sports titles are last to make the jump and when they finally do we are meh because to me it is a true upgrade. Graphics may not improve much but the environment needs to be more dynamic. Shoot the football field itself should not look like week 1 and it is the last game of the season. Season field degradation is needed. Just my two cents.
F1 2021 Aston Martin Racing
Madden 23 Random play now matchups
Zelda Tears of the Kingdom

Last edited by poulka; 05-09-2024 at 08:33 PM. Reason: Grammar
Old 05-09-2024, 06:26 PM   #27
Keep the Faith

TripleCrown9's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vol1
Yep missed xbox one and ps4
I just don't understand the logic.

It isn't completely their fault they skipped a generation.

They don't really "owe" anything to last gen.
Old 05-09-2024, 06:50 PM   #28
MVP

GoDucks1224's Arena

EA Sports College Football 25 Should Only Come Out on Current-Gen Consoles

Sports games are basically the only thing still doing old gen a favor, far as I’m concerned. They’re not beholden. We’re nearly 4 years into this cycle. They’re already doing PS5 Pro at the end of the year. They’re talking about the NEXT generation of consoles. Microsoft is talking about unveiling their next major piece of hardware at the upcoming showcase next month. Probably their answer to PS5 Pro. It’s time to upgrade. The consoles are basically at every Walmart and Target these days.

And as far as sports games not utilizing current gen tech enough, I would wager part of that is because they’re still designing with old gen in mind. When they finally stop, it allows them to innovate more. Graphics aren’t the only thing they can upgrade, but frankly, graphics do matter to a lot of us. I’m excited for a truly beautiful CFB game that we’ve never gotten to experience before. Madden has a ton of flaws, including a lot on the gameplay side. But the games look gorgeous these days. And I’d be lying if that wasn’t at least a large part of why I hope this signals a change in the sports game landscape, and other games stop developing for old consoles.
Old 05-09-2024, 06:57 PM   #29
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by poulka
I may be in the minority here, but I think EA needs to draw a line in the sand here and make NCAA current gen only. I have been in sports gaming since double dribble.

This game has been in development for two years, not an annual release or a last gen counterpart to build off of is my first reason.

Second reason is like someone said earlier PS5 Pro is coming out later this year. We have a whole genre of (sport titles) that have not been exclusive to current gen. Why is slightly upgraded console will come out before a truly current gen just tells me where sports gaming has fallen to.

Bear with me, when last gen came out we were promised living worlds. Now I have seen living worlds in other genres, but not most sports titles. Someone else said earlier that next gen could not add anything but mainly mesh and cloth physics. I beg the differ since last gen sports gaming has grown downright dull.

If a game is truly next gen the game (an actual game) will give us an experience that feels unique. Madden for example every game feels the same sounds the same whether eagles vs cowboys or eagles vs cardinals. Games need variety in commentary, which looks like one thing we are getting. But about rivalry games being and the whole game feels like an experience. The audio is ramped up hearing unique chants and cheers for that game. Lastly weather should be unique per game no two games have the same weather for weeks on end. So current to me can make all of this happen. Now is the time because a time 20 years ago when a new game came out sports games were the ones used to show the leap and processing power difference. Now it is opposite sports titles are last to make the jump and when they finally do we are meh because to me it is a true upgrade. Graphics may not improve much but the environment needs to be more dynamic. Shoot the football field itself should not look like week 1 and it is the game of the season. Season field degradation is needed. Just my two cents.
I agree.

It's been 3 years of development. It was announced in February or March of 2021. So not only is that 3 years of development, that 3 years in this current console generation. It would've been one thing if the game started development in the last generation. But, it didn't. So EA Tiburon had enough information of the current gen consoles to go full current gen only.

I really understand the other side with people who either can't afford or don't want to upgrade. Hell, if I could've waited to buy my PS5 last holiday season, I would've. I don't have any regrets with it, but the first couple years, I barely played it and most of the games were PS4 games. So, I get the ones who say, I don't want to buy a new consoles in the middle of the generation just for one game. But as others said, you have to draw a line somewhere. You can't allocate the necessary resources for last generation version just for the minority who either can't afford or don't want to upgrade. You can't move forward if you're holding onto the past
Old 05-09-2024, 07:22 PM   #30
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleCrown9
I just don't understand the logic.

It isn't completely their fault they skipped a generation.

They don't really "owe" anything to last gen.
I know they don't owe anything just meant since this is the first installment of the game in years they could have thought about last gen as well I mean just for the first one. I'm not one of them but there's people out there the only game they're interested in playing they won't be able to play on either PC or last gen consoles is the new college football game and they don't want to buy a new console for one game.
Old 05-09-2024, 08:29 PM   #31
MVP

GoDucks1224's Arena

Just for the record, I’m not saying people who don’t upgrade don’t deserve to play the game. It’s just that.. This is kind of reality. This gen has been current for awhile now, and the shortages are over. So the expectation should have been that companies are going to stop developing for the older tech. It’s just how these things go in the tech industry.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-09-2024, 09:28 PM   #32
Rookie

Razor Hogs's Arena

Yes I think both current gen consoles (Xbox Series X/S and PS5) have been out for about 4.5 years now so I would think they are easier to get now if you are looking to upgrade.

I totally understand why some people dont want to buy one, both consoles are still 500 dollars a pop.

I also think this version of college football the previous consoles couldnt handle the framerate among other things. Maybe im wrong here but that might be one of the reasons EA decided to make this game current gen only.

Arkansas Razorbacks
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Pistons
Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Lions

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »