Home

With Real College players in this game does anyone believe EA has hired a Ratings ,&

This is a discussion on With Real College players in this game does anyone believe EA has hired a Ratings ,& within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 05-03-2024, 10:45 AM   #1
MVP

Chiefsfan881129's Arena

OVR: 13
With Real College players in this game does anyone believe EA has hired

A ratings & equipment guy similar to madden?

To provide Roster Updates throughout the season to reflect the current rosters & update the ratings based on a player performance?

Would be an interesting new thing that we never would have gotten in the old game since it didn't include real players

Roster Updates would be good too for more realistic player ratings for players you will be importing into madden to reflect the incoming 2025 draft class in off season!
Sent from my SM-G970U using Operation Sports mobile app
ChiefsFan4Life once a ChiefsFan Always a Chiefs Fan! & A pround member of Chiefs Kingdom & the #1 Fan in the world of the 4x Super Bowl Champions Kansas City Chiefs!

Kansas #1 Kansas City Chiefs Fan!
Kansas #1 Kansas Basketball Fan! Rock Chalk!

Last edited by Chiefsfan881129; 05-03-2024 at 10:57 AM. Reason: Correcting Errors
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-03-2024, 01:57 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: With Real College players in this game does anyone believe EA has hired

They definitely had a ratings gay in the past NCAA games despite not having the player names in the release copy of the game. Obviously we did not get in season roster updates back then, but there was a ratings guy/team. I would assume they have a team dedicated to the rosters now and are using places like PFF to heavily dictate how players are rated and the rest of the responsibilities of the team are to get players to look as close to the real thing as possible with regards to their body shapes, skin color, faces, and equipment.

― Plato
Old 05-03-2024, 08:05 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: With Real College players in this game does anyone believe EA has hired a Ratings

When it comes to ratings in general, I wouldn't expect close to real life ratings. I just think there is too many players to account for. As far as out of the box ratings, I think they possibly already hinted at how they could rate most players just by the way they would handle opt-outs. Wish I could find the exact phrasing for it, but I remember thinking the way they would handle opt would be a good way to handle most players. Paraphrasing, I remember them saying Opt-outs would be replaced with generics that are rated based on the position at the school in the last decade of success. So someone like Arch Manning would be rated based on the past decade of Texas QBs. So unless it's a notable player, I expect more an average rating of the past decade at that school. I wouldn't expect "accurate" ratings for G5 schools and most lower level P5. I expect it was more of "How was the average QB at XX, and what are the type of players that fit their scheme"
Old 05-04-2024, 08:33 AM   #4
MVP

gr18's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: With Real College players in this game does anyone believe EA has hired a Ratings

They may look to get fairly accurate rosters and give updates but I'd be surprised if things weren't fairly locked down in-game.You'll probably be able to edit equipment but not player names or ratings.
Old 05-04-2024, 05:34 PM   #5
MVP

GoDucks1224's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr18
They may look to get fairly accurate rosters and give updates but I'd be surprised if things weren't fairly locked down in-game.You'll probably be able to edit equipment but not player names or ratings.
You can edit player names and ratings in Madden, because EA has a signed NIL contract with the NFLPA. I think not being able to edit names of real players is probably true, but I don't think they'll prevent us from editing ratings. Only exceptions might be the fake players created in place of opt outs. That'll remain to be seen. But I highly doubt they removed the ability to edit ratings, and they probably will still allow us to create players (which Madden also does).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-04-2024, 09:25 PM   #6
MVP

jerwoods's Arena

OVR: 1

i will not know until i get the game but IF they let u have offline dystansy then it should be fair game

but in the main menu i ex no edits yes i think u can edit ratings but they will not let u make arch manning

which arch will be forever known about this if it was something to where 20% was missing then ok but its looking like arch will be the only guy missing which out of 12k guys its a big miss i blame archie and cooper for this the guy wouild been a 82-84 OVR num 1 recruit in 2023
Old 05-04-2024, 09:32 PM   #7
MVP

gr18's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoDucks1224
You can edit player names and ratings in Madden, because EA has a signed NIL contract with the NFLPA. I think not being able to edit names of real players is probably true, but I don't think they'll prevent us from editing ratings. Only exceptions might be the fake players created in place of opt outs. That'll remain to be seen. But I highly doubt they removed the ability to edit ratings, and they probably will still allow us to create players (which Madden also does).
Ratings maybe but I think they won't allow a pc release because they don't want the ability to create players that opt out.Otherwise if everyone could create Arch Manning in a couple minutes there would be no point in even asking players if they wanted to be included in the game

Creating players with certain names blocked is a possibility but I'm not really expecting that so we'll take what they give us.

Last edited by gr18; 05-04-2024 at 09:35 PM.
Old 05-05-2024, 01:50 AM   #8
MVP

GoDucks1224's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr18
Ratings maybe but I think they won't allow a pc release because they don't want the ability to create players that opt out.Otherwise if everyone could create Arch Manning in a couple minutes there would be no point in even asking players if they wanted to be included in the game

Creating players with certain names blocked is a possibility but I'm not really expecting that so we'll take what they give us.
In Madden you can create players, but not all names can be used. There are names of current, and former players, that are blocked out. I imagine it'll be the same with this game. They'll block out specific name combinations. Matt Brown has said that we should expect to be able to edit players. So, that's my expectation.

Last edited by GoDucks1224; 05-08-2024 at 05:20 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »