Home

With Real College players in this game does anyone believe EA has hired a Ratings ,&

This is a discussion on With Real College players in this game does anyone believe EA has hired a Ratings ,& within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 05-09-2024, 06:11 PM   #17
Keep the Faith

TripleCrown9's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: With Real College players in this game does anyone believe EA has hired a Ratings

I sincerely hope they leave X-Factors out. They won't, but a boy can dream.
Old 05-09-2024, 06:32 PM   #18
Expletive Deleted

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: With Real College players in this game does anyone believe EA has hired a Ratings

From what I understood, EA had still been keeping tabs on CFB players the last ten plus years. Because until a few months ago, they had no idea over 11,000 players would opt in, and EA had a backup plan to rate any fake players they had to include based on any given team and that teams player position, the ratings would have been an average of the previous ten years. I think for the scope EA has in CFB compared to Madden and the NFL, EA is well-prepared player rating-wise.
#44Syracuse
Old 05-10-2024, 08:06 AM   #19
Rookie

zbundy3's Arena

OVR: 1

As someone that doesn't play a lot of madden, can you guys explain to me what are the differences between x-factors or someting like traits?
Old 05-10-2024, 09:42 AM   #20
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by zbundy3
As someone that doesn't play a lot of madden, can you guys explain to me what are the differences between x-factors or someting like traits?
When you draft players they have dev traits and the fun thing is that it's hidden. So you don't know what they are until they play 500 snaps. Each player has a points limit and when you reach that you get one upgrade point. The amount of points will changed based on stuff like age, overall and dev trait. So the better the dev trait the quicker it is to get that upgrade point.

It seems like most people hate this, but I actually enjoy it. Because to keep these dev traits you have play well on the field or you lose them. You can also gain them from on the field and awards. To get the points to upgrade its also mostly tied to on the field performance.

Normal - bronze color the worst you can be

Star - silver color in the pic

Superstar - When you reach certain overalls you unlock skills (gold)

X-factor - The best you can and unlocks even more skills (red)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg GNOLgDxXEAAUcSx.jpg (134.0 KB, 108 views)
Old 05-10-2024, 11:23 AM   #21
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelPhenom
I wonder if they will introduce any new player ratings or tendencies, or if they will just take what's already in Madden? Will they put player traits in the game? Hopefully they leave X-Factor out. And as I say every year, if we have the ability to edit player ratings/tendencies, I'd love for us to have a global editor. Trying to edit 130 + teams one player at a time is just...I'm tired just thinking about it.
NCAA QB'S never had the separate qb accuracy ratings like we get in madden for short, medium and long.

So, looking forward to those additions especially for editing

I also believe EA will continue to use the IMPACT PLAYER designation for the college game

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-10-2024, 11:34 AM   #22
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
NCAA QB'S never had the separate qb accuracy ratings like we get in madden for short, medium and long.

I also believe EA will continue to use the IMPACT PLAYER designation for the college game

That's very true. I forgot about the short/medium/deep accuracy ratings, the throw on the run ratings etc. So, even if they only add those it will be new to the series. They will be even more meaningful in the college game as a way to separate QB ability...a 1* from a 5*.
Old 05-10-2024, 11:48 AM   #23
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers

Quote:
That's very true. I forgot about the short/medium/deep accuracy ratings, the throw on the run ratings etc. So, even if they only add those it will be new to the series. They will be even more meaningful in the college game as a way to separate QB ability...a 1* from a 5*.
I do hope that with these expanded ratings, they do a good of distinguishing the type of players who fit each scheme. It would be nice to see the CPU target specific player archetypes and ratings for their scheme

Last edited by illwill10; 05-12-2024 at 05:12 AM.
Old 05-11-2024, 09:35 PM   #24
Pro

jkits's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
I wonder if they will introduce any new player ratings or tendencies, or if they will just take what's already in Madden? Will they put player traits in the game? Hopefully they leave X-Factor out. And as I say every year, if we have the ability to edit player ratings/tendencies, I'd love for us to have a global editor. Trying to edit 130 + teams one player at a time is just...I'm tired just thinking about it.
I agree concerning the qb ratings being introduced for the first time in the college game. Depending on your play style it could make for some fun qb battles for your respective team's play style. Maybe you're a possession pitch & catch team and leaning towards more short/mid accuracy, or you finally got a deep threat and need cannon who can sit in the pocket.

I think they could distinguish kickers & punters more by simply having both kicking and punting ratings. Maybe your place kicker has terrible punter ratings and now you have to be intentional on finding a solid punter. Typically you don't see them playing both positions. Even an ATH could surprisingly have a 73 punt rating and fill the role?

And a snap/or long snap rating would be cool. Which breeds another incentive for recruiting a solid Center who not only can block well, but has skills snapping. Low snap ratings could slow the offense, and go too high/low/left or right. We'll see though

Last edited by jkits; 05-11-2024 at 09:45 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »