Home

Schools Confirming Their Participation in EA Sports College Football on February 15

This is a discussion on Schools Confirming Their Participation in EA Sports College Football on February 15 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 02-28-2024, 01:53 PM   #105
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Schools Confirming Their Participation in EA Sports College Football on February

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Who knows, maybe Palmer is there in place of Corso/McAfee on the GameDay segment in the game.

With how many names have been confirmed in the game, I'm anxious for the blog talking about presentation in the game.
Maybe at some point down the line they can implement Fox, or ABC and add the two guys who normally call the 3:30 games. The fact that this will be strictly current gen, opens up possibilities, in my own mind at least lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-28-2024, 02:20 PM   #106
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Schools Confirming Their Participation in EA Sports College Football on February

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelPhenom
Maybe at some point down the line they can implement Fox, or ABC and add the two guys who normally call the 3:30 games. The fact that this will be strictly current gen, opens up possibilities, in my own mind at least lol.
Time and money are the really only limiting factors with the announcing team. Technically space, but with the size of games these days, I don't think many developers care about how much space their games take up.

Multiple announcer teams just takes time and money to do. It is hard enough to find the time to get enough lines from one commentary team to sound good and not too repetitive. That's why having multiple is still not the standard. AI advancements may help there if we reach a point where commentators are okay with being paid a fee for their likeness and allowing AI to generate the lines using their voices, but that's still a couple of years away probably. We've gotten to a point where AI can generate sentences pretty well, but we're not there yet to where it could react to the game in real time AND deliver the lines properly. We aren't far, though.

― Plato
Old 02-28-2024, 02:44 PM   #107
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelPhenom
I just don't think it's likely for multiple broadcasts. The consoles can handle it. I just think for the longest time, these gaming companies opted for their own brand of broadcast over paying the licensing costs. I think NCAA Basketball 10 was a case where they wanted to go all out with having both ESPN and CBS and game still didn't sell well. I can see the thought process of them choosing one broadcast when there's a few different options. You got ESPN, ABC, CBS, Fox, NBC, and CW. So, I get them not wanting to try and pick and choose which one to opt for.

Plus, I think that would be more likely for Madden than CFB at this point. Not sure how much they want to commit financially for CFB until they know how well it sells

I do like the possibilities that comes with the game being current gen only, as well. I think the detail put into the stadiums, all the audio files, if they have scenic views of stadiums alone would've made it difficult to optimize for the last gen consoles. I just hope we sell them start to test the limits of what these consoles can do. It's a little disappointing seeing some of these games getting held back because they're extending their cross gen period. I want to see what these newer consoles can do for sports games.
Old 02-28-2024, 02:51 PM   #108
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

Quote:
Time and money are the really only limiting factors with the announcing team. Technically space, but with the size of games these days, I don't think many developers care about how much space their games take up.

Multiple announcer teams just takes time and money to do. It is hard enough to find the time to get enough lines from one commentary team to sound good and not too repetitive. That's why having multiple is still not the standard. AI advancements may help there if we reach a point where commentators are okay with being paid a fee for their likeness and allowing AI to generate the lines using their voices, but that's still a couple of years away probably. We've gotten to a point where AI can generate sentences pretty well, but we're not there yet to where it could react to the game in real time AND deliver the lines properly. We aren't far, though.
Especially from high profile guys. Even them doing recordings from home, doesn't mean they have ample time to do it. Me personally, I don't NEED high profile broadcasters. A guy like Gus Johnson and Kevin Johnson feels like a waste until they can figure out how to make their level of excitement seem organic and realistic. I would be okay with ordinary guys or lower level guys who has the "Sound and voice" of higher level broadcasters, if that meant they had more time

I still think we're 3-5 years away from games implementing AI
Old 02-28-2024, 08:29 PM   #109
Rookie

Razor Hogs's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:

Multiple announcer teams just takes time and money to do. It is hard enough to find the time to get enough lines from one commentary team to sound good and not too repetitive.
Yes Chris Fowler alone started recording 2 years ago, so it does take up alot of time.

I count 6-7 announcers so far, going off that it really sounds like EA is trying to focus on presentation while trying to differentiate from Madden.

Arkansas Razorbacks
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Pistons
Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Lions
Old 02-29-2024, 11:47 AM   #110
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

OVR: 0

I think Herbestreit and Fowler are going to be the announcers. I see Pollack doing the halftime show. The others are either studio updates/sideline reporter or on the College Day Show. I actually think Madden will be game this year to have multiple broadcast packages like ESPN and/or CBS or Fox. EA did have CBS for NCAA Basketball 10.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 02-29-2024, 12:22 PM   #111
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior Moe
I think Herbestreit and Fowler are going to be the announcers. I see Pollack doing the halftime show. The others are either studio updates/sideline reporter or on the College Day Show. I actually think Madden will be game this year to have multiple broadcast packages like ESPN and/or CBS or Fox. EA did have CBS for NCAA Basketball 10.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I agree that Madden is more likely to have multiple broadcast packages compared to CFB. While I still believe that Jesse Palmer will be apart of a different broadcast team in CFB, the difference in Madden having multiple broadcast teams and CFB is that all the announced CFB guys are ESPN guys. Whereas in Madden, it would be weird seeing multiple broadcast teams with guys all from different real life networks using the EA broadcast. But, I could see Madden opting to stay with the EA broadcast. Madden has never shown the interest in having a real life broadcast. Madden can definitely afford to have multiple broadcast packages, but don't know how willing they are to have it. I'd rather see Fox and CBS for Madden. .

Like I said, I expect Rece Davis, Desmond Howard, Pollack as a part of GameDay. Herbstreit and Fowler as broadcast announcers. Kevin Connors as the Studio Updates guy. Palmer is the question mark. Either he'll be apart of the GameDay crew, or a part of a second broadcast team, or doing halftime show. I wonder how in depth they will get with GameDay if it is in. I wouldn't want a half hearted effort where it is just a few lines and them picking the winner of the game. But at the same time, I don't expect them to go over the top in a feature they think might get skipped after a week or two by ******s. My hope is that with the delay and having 2+ years doing recordings, is that they have enough lines to make Gameday not feel stale and repetitive
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »