Home

EA College Football Wishlist / Predictions

This is a discussion on EA College Football Wishlist / Predictions within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 05-15-2024, 02:27 AM   #153
MVP

bigwill33's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: EA College Football Wishlist / Predictions

Two things I really need from this game, among the many others that are obvious…

1: dynamic weather

2: helmets that come off during play, and the rule where players have to sit out a play if they do

I also wonder if we will be able to edit rosters ourselves in any fashion. If there are transfers will we be stuck with outdated rosters? Can we move players around, even if we cannot edit anything about their likeness or attributes? Can we at least change their jersey numbers?
Old 05-15-2024, 10:36 AM   #154
MVP

reverend_heat's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwill33
Two things I really need from this game, among the many others that are obvious…

2: helmets that come off during play, and the rule where players have to sit out a play if they do

I also wonder if we will be able to edit rosters ourselves in any fashion. If there are transfers will we be stuck with outdated rosters? Can we move players around, even if we cannot edit anything about their likeness or attributes? Can we at least change their jersey numbers?
After Madden's dynamic lighting fiasco, I will be really bummed out if College Football doesn't have it or if it's static like Madden's. At this point in the hardware cycle, this should just be a no brainer. It needs to update frequently too, as in every few plays. not just after each quarter.
Old 05-15-2024, 01:55 PM   #155
MVP

GoDucks1224's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:

1 maybe. Hopefully. It's certainly technologically possible. Wouldn't get your hopes up on 2. I'm sure someone thinks that a helmet coming off is a bad look, either for the sport, the league, the helmet production company behind that particular helmet, etc. There will always be someone upset with stuff like that that won't let it in the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2024, 04:35 PM   #156
MVP

bigwill33's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoDucks1224
1 maybe. Hopefully. It's certainly technologically possible. Wouldn't get your hopes up on 2. I'm sure someone thinks that a helmet coming off is a bad look, either for the sport, the league, the helmet production company behind that particular helmet, etc. There will always be someone upset with stuff like that that won't let it in the game.
I know on both, unfortunately. My hope is that EA overhauls their weather in Madden and it carries over to their other sports titles. Wishful thinking.

2. Would have to be a priority, which I doubt it is. The NCAA would’ve been the entity most standing in the way of implementing a feature like this, again. Just as the NFL asked for it to not be in Madden. But helmets come off frequently in college. Not always from huge hits, obviously. So much so that a rule was made and impacts the game greatly. If EA can have broken sticks in NHL, with real companies and brands being featured, and MLB has broken bats, with the same branding, then there’s hope a helmet can pop off once in a while during a college product.
Old 05-15-2024, 11:21 PM   #157
Get off my lawn

JHamilton9's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
I know on both, unfortunately. My hope is that EA overhauls their weather in Madden and it carries over to their other sports titles. Wishful thinking.

2. Would have to be a priority, which I doubt it is. The NCAA would’ve been the entity most standing in the way of implementing a feature like this, again. Just as the NFL asked for it to not be in Madden. But helmets come off frequently in college. Not always from huge hits, obviously. So much so that a rule was made and impacts the game greatly. If EA can have broken sticks in NHL, with real companies and brands being featured, and MLB has broken bats, with the same branding, then there’s hope a helmet can pop off once in a while during a college product.

The first time a helmet pops off a star-player during a pivotal, game-deciding drive, there will be complaints and plenty of venom on social media.
Old 05-15-2024, 11:35 PM   #158
MVP

bigwill33's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton9
The first time a helmet pops off a star-player during a pivotal, game-deciding drive, there will be complaints and plenty of venom on social media.
Make a toggle then. Don’t care about online play so remove it for that aspect, if they must. “If it’s in the game”
Old 05-16-2024, 07:20 AM   #159
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

I actually liked the format of the old Road to Glory. Ideally, the PS2 version would be the choice. But, I didn't mind the PS3/360 either with starting out in HS for a season.

- I would want the real feeling of being recruited. Even if it's simulated, I want the idea of going on visits. Being able to commit early, and having a team trying to get me to flip my commitment. Having communication with College coaches. I want to be able to have a signing day event even if it's how Madden had it

- I really hope there isn't a connected storyline between RTG and Superstar mode. At most, I wouldn't mind a similar story as the NCAA 11 one with Erin Andrews.

-I definitely think being a Two-Way player makes a return, especially with Travis Hunter on the cover. I just want to be able to craft the exact type of player I want to create, especially if it's not online.

-On that topic, each position should be available to play as. I don't want to be locked to limited positions like it is in Madden. I want to play as a Safety or Pass Rusher or TE.

-Be able to choose playbook for HS team. But, I don't want to choose plays. I just want to be able to trust the CPU AI will call appropriate calls. That goes for at college as well.

- Having the Spring Game would be nice. It would be cool to start out and immediately be able to play in the spring game.

- I liked the concept of position battles. But, it needs to consider how well or poorly the current starter is doing. It shouldn't matter if I'm killing it in practice, if the starter is playing well, they should keep the job

-I do wonder how they implement the Transfer Portal in RTG. It is something I want to utilize. I feel like if I'm a Safety, I would have to put up some ridiculous stats in HS to get to a 4 star rating. I actually want to start at a lower school like App State for a couple seasons then Transfer to a bigger school for final two seasons. Or I just want to be able to transfer if the situation isn't ideal. I can imagine going to a school and realizing that the supporting staff is terrible or I don't like that playbook, so having the option to transfer and having teams fight over my player would be cool.

-There needs to be some type of off the field element. Problem with single player modes in sports games is that it becomes too much of Play Game, boost attributes, practice, and advance ahead. Whether it is press conferences or some type of school work, there needs to be something off the field

-At the end, I would love the idea of instead of importing to Madden, if we could import the player in dynasty to be a coach. I want be able to use my RTG player as my HC.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »